Michael Thomas Thread: Still a WR1?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Michael Thomas is really good.

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:03 pm

SAMCRO Dynasty wrote:Looked terrible and wildly out of control on the gauntlet dropping passes and falling over with inability to maintain a straight line. Very polarizing prospect
I don't think falling in a drill makes you polarizing.

SAMCRO Dynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SAMCRO Dynasty » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
SAMCRO Dynasty wrote:Looked terrible and wildly out of control on the gauntlet dropping passes and falling over with inability to maintain a straight line. Very polarizing prospect
I don't think falling in a drill makes you polarizing.
Of course, referring to more of the draft analysts rating as a 1st round grade and other analysts completing doubting his skill set

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:lol thats terrible. alfred blue-like
NO, Alfred is still the king. You can't beat this.

https://youtu.be/dBrSBOOWx3U?t=39s
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:55 pm

I have to watch more of THomas' game film, but the combine to me is most overblown thing next to college QB pro day passing. Remember how great Manziel looked throwing over those brooms?

I think combine should be used to confirm or refute game speed you see for guys who don't play top competition (FCS). Plenty of combine warriors who sucked at football (Adam Archuletta, Heyward-Bey, Mamula, Matt Jones, Charles Rogers just to name a few). And plenty of guys who were average at combine who had very productive careers in NFL.

Let us not forget that forty time for greatest WR of all time was not 4.3 or 4.4 or 4.5. He ran a 4.6 according to sports illustrated! To quote Rice on twitter (later deleted tweet) "All this focus on running the infamous 40 yd dash doesn't mean Sh*t! It doesn't equate to football speed with pads!"

Even rotoviz who are statistical analysis truthers state that 3 cone drill and vertical jump are most predictive of success for WRs. Anyone can have a bad day or bad drill. I am not a scout, but think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves to bust on a guy for slipping or losing balance. Now a 4.85 for a WR who also looks gassed at the 30 yard line and vertical slightly better than Larry David screams I am lazy and didn't prepare at all(yes I am looking at you De'Runnya Wilson) but otherwise tape trumps stop watch and underwear workouts.

Let's all just chill and remember that if you own Alfred Blue, you must have really really really deep rosters. :lol:
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:04 pm

I didn't think his tape was that good either...

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:24 am

daniel jeremiah comped him to mohammad sanu at his current price that is a pass for me .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:49 am

clarion contrarion wrote:daniel jeremiah comped him to mohammad sanu at his current price that is a pass for me .
Not a good comparison.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 am

How old is Thomas? Wikipedia states he is born in 1992, and he was a junior this year....yet Player Profiler lists him as 23. He was born on March 21st, apparently. It would make sense that he is 22, being a junior. There was debate about Kevin White's age last year...Anybody know? Jules?
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:03 am

I liked the first bit of tape I watched. I began to drop him down the to the bottom of the next tier of wrs. I would take him over Boyd and Cooper, but I moved caroo and shepherd ahead of him. Looks a little stiff running routes. Doesn't sink his hips real well in and out of breaks. Nice sturdy possession receiver, but i don't know how much he is going to help a fantasy team.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:How old is Thomas? Wikipedia states he is born in 1992, and he was a junior this year....yet Player Profiler lists him as 23. He was born on March 21st, apparently. It would make sense that he is 22, being a junior. There was debate about Kevin White's age last year...Anybody know? Jules?
He had a greyshirt AND a redshirt season. He's five years removed from high school. If hes born in march then 23 more logical.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:43 pm

ajmyk wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:How old is Thomas? Wikipedia states he is born in 1992, and he was a junior this year....yet Player Profiler lists him as 23. He was born on March 21st, apparently. It would make sense that he is 22, being a junior. There was debate about Kevin White's age last year...Anybody know? Jules?
He had a greyshirt AND a redshirt season. He's five years removed from high school. If hes born in march then 23 more logical.
The only birthdate I found for him was 3/3/93. Can't confirm the accuracy of that though. Seems as if birthdays are becoming harder to confirm predraft for us fake analysts, there is a number of prospects I had to do extra research to come up with a date of birth.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:14 am

I'm really dragging my feet to this party, just not feeling it ...
@PlankMelody

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Thomas will be interesting for me. Again, I love his tape. I think he does a ton of good things at an NFL-WR level already. However, there are a number of formula guys who don't think Thomas will translate. Thomas doesn't check out well in the analytics part of everything, but that's entirely because of how he was used for two years, rather than actual ability.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:12 pm

While I'm known as a formula guy, I think if the NFL takes Thomas fairly early (top 2 rounds) he's plenty athletic enough to succeed.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:41 am

Slow feet, slow release. Bleh route runner. He has potential, but he's a project. He's also older than I prefer.

Probably maxes out as a possession-receiver in the NFL, due to speed limitations. And I don't like to dynasty draft receivers with that profile that still need serious work on the technical aspects of their game, as that's going to need to be a forte for them, thus making their developmental tasklist to become a fantasy star that much longer.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE