Patrick Mahomes II

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Multiple Scorgasms
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 pm

FINAL:

23/28 (82%)
326 yards (11.6 YPA)
6 TD
0 INT

Next week: first ever home game. 3-0 as starter, all on road.

The Red Rooster
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby The Red Rooster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Insane.
10-Team Dynasty League (40 man roster) Established in 2011 ($1,600 Salary Cap with Contract Lengths)
1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-Flex (RB/WR/TE), 2-LB, 2-DE, 2-DT, 3-DB (0.5 PPR)
2011, 2013 and 2017 Champion
2015 and 2016 Runner Up

QB- Philip Rivers, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr
RB- Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry
WR- Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks, Juju, Kenny Golladay, Robby Anderson, Keelan Cole, Devante Parker, John Ross, Josh Doctson, Dante Pettis, DJ Chark, Phillip Dorsett
TE- Zach Ertz, David Njokue, Tyler Eiffert
LB- Sean Lee, Deone Bucannon, Darius Leonard, Shaq Thompson, Vontaze Burfict, Fred Warner
DE- Demarcus Lawrence, Cameron Jordan, Everson Griffen
DT- Damon Harrison, David Irving, Sheldon Richardson, Larry Ogunjobi
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Adrian Amos, Kentrell Brice

2019 Picks: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4

Raymond1974
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Raymond1974 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Sooooooo glad i was able to get him in the third round last year! 😃

Online
User avatar
Phaded
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9178
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:32 pm

So glad I got rid of him before the start of the season..
lol...

At least I have Brady & Mayfield, though.
Do not join a league that has a veto option, it will be your funeral.
:boohoo:

Online
User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Phaded wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:32 pm
So glad I got rid of him before the start of the season..
lol...

At least I have Brady & Mayfield, though.
Ughhh. Same. Sold big, but dear Lord.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015 Champion
2017 Champion

QB: Big Ben, Rivers
RB: Gurley, Kamara, Gore
WR: Julio, Keenan, Cooks, Sanders, Crabtree, A.Miller
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2019: 1, 2, 4

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7044
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Hard not to be impressed. He looks great. His arm talent and accuracy have been special. I don't want to jump to a hard long-term conclusion on him yet though. Let's see how teams adjust with more tape.

Life of Pablo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 am

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Life of Pablo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:20 pm
Hard not to be impressed. He looks great. His arm talent and accuracy have been special. I don't want to jump to a hard long-term conclusion on him yet though. Let's see how teams adjust with more tape.
While I want to agree... man. This just feels like one of those things where the tape doesn't matter. There's so many weapons in that offense, that I feel like they can say "here's what our gameplan is gonna be, try and stop us", and it wouldn't make a difference. Too much firepower. As long as Mahomes takes care of that cannon of his, the offense seems pretty unstoppable. I think their biggest opposition will be ensuring everyone stays healthy.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/DEF)
1 QB | 2 RB | 2 WR | 1 TE | 1 FLEX | 1 K | 1 DEF

QB: Dangeruss, Darnold
RB: Gurley, DJ, Bell, Chubb, Breida, Foreman
WR: Nuk, Evans, KAllen, AJG, Diggs, ARob, Watkins, Doctson
TE: Gronk, Burton
K: Gostkowski
DEF: (stream)
Picks: All 2019+ picks

last updated --- Week 1, 2018

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7044
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Life of Pablo wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:28 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:20 pm
Hard not to be impressed. He looks great. His arm talent and accuracy have been special. I don't want to jump to a hard long-term conclusion on him yet though. Let's see how teams adjust with more tape.
While I want to agree... man. This just feels like one of those things where the tape doesn't matter. There's so many weapons in that offense, that I feel like they can say "here's what our gameplan is gonna be, try and stop us", and it wouldn't make a difference. Too much firepower. As long as Mahomes takes care of that cannon of his, the offense seems pretty unstoppable. I think their biggest opposition will be ensuring everyone stays healthy.
Absolutely. I don't think he'll look like a drastically different player, but we saw it with Watson last year when he looked untouchable. NFL teams will eventually adjust and it'll be telling how he responds.

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5182
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:30 pm
Life of Pablo wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:28 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:20 pm
Hard not to be impressed. He looks great. His arm talent and accuracy have been special. I don't want to jump to a hard long-term conclusion on him yet though. Let's see how teams adjust with more tape.
While I want to agree... man. This just feels like one of those things where the tape doesn't matter. There's so many weapons in that offense, that I feel like they can say "here's what our gameplan is gonna be, try and stop us", and it wouldn't make a difference. Too much firepower. As long as Mahomes takes care of that cannon of his, the offense seems pretty unstoppable. I think their biggest opposition will be ensuring everyone stays healthy.
Absolutely. I don't think he'll look like a drastically different player, but we saw it with Watson last year when he looked untouchable. NFL teams will eventually adjust and it'll be telling how he responds.
eh, Watson was just heaving it up a lot of the times and was getting lucky. Not to say he isn't good, but he's not 2017 good. Mahomes actually looks like he's earning what he's getting.

Online
User avatar
Phaded
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9178
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:43 pm

I 100% agree with what Cameron is saying.
We have seen quarterbacks fall off after a big year all too often.

Not to say he will suddenly be trash, but a serious regression is a real possibility.
Do not join a league that has a veto option, it will be your funeral.
:boohoo:

User avatar
ArrylT
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3930
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:51 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-in-win?3

Mahomes with a record.

It is really going to be interesting to see if/when he hits a wall and/or when Defences have enough tape - but so far those with top 5 expectations are obviously delirious with joy. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

fruity pebbles
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby fruity pebbles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:54 am

What he worth now in terms of draft picks in a standard one QB league? Mid 1st seems about right to me but still think youd have a hard time getting that. People just hate to pay for QBs.

User avatar
jcc6fd
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3359
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:56 am

fruity pebbles wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:54 am
What he worth now in terms of draft picks in a standard one QB league? Mid 1st seems about right to me but still think youd have a hard time getting that. People just hate to pay for QBs.
I'll guarantee no one is selling for only a mid first unless they have substantial long term doubts and are looking to cash out quickly.

He's one of those guys who will probably not move a lot in trades because people won't want to move him without an overpay.
Real Cooks Cook Crow
10 Team Non-PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Super Cam, Smith, Mahomes, Darnold, Rosen
RB: Hunt, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Crowell, Gore, Burkhead, Ware, Lindsay, C. Grant
WR: OBJ, K. Allen, TY, Cooks, Edelman, Ty Williams
TE: Kelce, Ebron, Cook
DST: PHI

KC Cardinals
10 Team PPR Scoring: 1-2QB 2-5RB 3-6WR 1-3TE
QB: Luck, Dak, Ryan, Dalton, Tyrod, Fitz
RB: Howard, Ajayi, Drake, Miller, Carson, CJA, Riddick, T. Austin, Lindsay
WR: OBJ, K. Allen, Julio, Agholor, KBenj, Hogan
TE: Rudolph, ASJ, Eifert

Online
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Was anyone else surprised that LaTroy Hawkins played in the big leagues for 21 years?

Online
User avatar
Phaded
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9178
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Now is clearly not the time to buy.
Just wait until he inévitably cools down.

I cannot think of one young QB that has retained top QB value recently.
Do not join a league that has a veto option, it will be your funeral.
:boohoo:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], IBall2, JFever, jtd1387, juke05, Lotto4Life, mmmcoreyos, Phaded, PingPwng and 15 guests