ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyler Lockett Deal

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:41 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:16 aman improved Seahawks offense
:wtf:

I think Schottenheimer stinks.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:49 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:05 pm Commentary: Baldwin returning from injury and being eased back in - but also had more targets despite less snaps.
Yep no big argument there. Just something I'm going to be paying attention to as a Lockett enthusiast.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:56 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:41 pm
btv802 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:16 aman improved Seahawks offense
:wtf:

I think Schottenheimer stinks.
He does suck. I think that was a reference to game to game improvement, which as you point out did not take much...not suggesting the offense is improved overall this year. Seahawks def suck overall.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Quiet week for Baldwin. Another Solid week for Lockett.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:09 pm

I sat Lockett for A Cooper, way over thought the Rams D.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:16 am

After five games, Lockett is on pace for 1,100 yards receiving, and that's without any big week outliers. I'd like to see his target counts increase, but he's been very efficient with what he's gotten.

This is why Lockett got paid, folks.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:36 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:16 am After five games, Lockett is on pace for 1,100 yards receiving, and that's without any big week outliers. I'd like to see his target counts increase, but he's been very efficient with what he's gotten.

This is why Lockett got paid, folks.
:thumbup:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:17 am

Been a while since we've talked about Lockett in this thread. He's quietly had a crazy efficient and TD fueled WR2 fantasy season. Currently trending towards around 63 receptions, 961 yards, 11 TDs with a crazy 80% catch rate. He's out scoring players like Golden Tate, Alshon Jeffery, Amari Cooper, Marvin Jones, Jarvis Landry, etc...

With trade deadlines looming and being out of the playoffs, what should I be looking for in return for this guy? Based on my roster (which I like to think is trending towards contending) should I even be trying to sell him? He's a 26 year old ascending player attached to a great QB through 2021...
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:18 am

He is a major hold. His value in no way matches his production and people are too focused on the negative regression of his efficiency rather than the positive regression of his targets that his efficiency dictates he will earn.

He's a relatively young wr who is putting up great efficiency, passes the eye test, has a declining lead wr on his team, and just signed a big deal with his team that locks him up with a good QB long term. Yet no matter how much we see that the "prototypical wr" thing is ancient and irrelevant at this point there remains a bias against undersized WRs until they put up multiple great seasons making guys like this a great buying opportunity.

If he were 6'2" with the same stats his value would be triple what it is right now. Use that as an opportunity to get Seattle's future WR1 at a fraction of the price it should cost.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:25 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:18 am He is a major hold. His value in no way matches his production and people are too focused on the negative regression of his efficiency rather than the positive regression of his targets that his efficiency dictates he will earn.

He's a relatively young wr who is putting up great efficiency, passes the eye test, has a declining lead wr on his team, and just signed a big deal with his team that locks him up with a good QB long term. Yet no matter how much we see that the "prototypical wr" thing is ancient and irrelevant at this point there remains a bias against undersized WRs until they put up multiple great seasons making guys like this a great buying opportunity.

If he were 6'2" with the same stats his value would be triple what it is right now. Use that as an opportunity to get Seattle's future WR1 at a fraction of the price it should cost.
I'm not feeling all that generous in letting him go. A mid-late 1st seems ball park at this point, no?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS