Jameis Winston suspension?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Jameis Winston suspension?

Postby Pew Dogs » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:39 am

smallxl wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:13 pm Winston sucks
Normally I wouldn't question such deep analysis but when he returned for the last five weeks of the season last year he was the #1 QB in the league.

My only concern with him is whether he can change his personality. It can happen, but it requires an intentional decision and it isnt easy.

If any owner wants to dump off, I would buy.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:17 am

Servo wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:47 pm Wonder if something like this affects how Tampa sees Winston long-term?

Have to imagine they'll finish at the bottom of the NFC South again in 2018, Koetter should get fired...does a new coach move on from Winston? Would definitely be a huge decision to throw in the towel on a #1 pick. Yes, he's still incredibly young but to me, he hasn't looked like a "game-changing" QB that maybe I thought he could have been.
Winston has improved in some areas but still hasn’t reached his full potential on the field. Why is that? Why is he still throwing a ton of picks? I have to think that it comes down to coaching and that if he had better coaches his skills would markedly improve.

Here’s a link from and NFL.com article that talks a bit about Winston’s future: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.co ... AEA&sr=amp
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:55 am

I never really liked Winston but that has more to do with him behaving like a schmuck and playing for Florida State, a.k.a. Wide Right University. (GO CANES).

It is pretty clear he's good as a fantasy QB. Just needs to grow up and treat others with respect.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Servo wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:47 pm Wonder if something like this affects how Tampa sees Winston long-term?

Have to imagine they'll finish at the bottom of the NFC South again in 2018, Koetter should get fired...does a new coach move on from Winston? Would definitely be a huge decision to throw in the towel on a #1 pick. Yes, he's still incredibly young but to me, he hasn't looked like a "game-changing" QB that maybe I thought he could have been.
On the can this morning, I was reading a debate about Winston's long term prospects. Some argued TB shouldn't pick up his 5th year option, some thought they should trade him, some thought they should just cut to the chase and cut him. Bizarre. I imagine there'd be teams who'd be interested in taking a flier even if it's on that 5th year option. Miami, Giants, New Orleans, NE would all be interesting destinations.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Zero chance Tampa Bay doesn't pick up his option. This suspension is for an alleged incident over 2 years ago. Jameis will have a bounce back season after having an injured shoulder last season and all the recency bias will wash away.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 pm Zero chance Tampa Bay doesn't pick up his option. This suspension is for an alleged incident over 2 years ago. Jameis will have a bounce back season after having an injured shoulder last season and all the recency bias will wash away.
Agree with this, (about the option)but I don't think Winston will ever be that good. Serviceaable,even above average, but he will never justify his first overall pick status IMO. In FF that hardly matters, though.

The one thing I really want to know is: When Jameis eats "W's", do they taste like Crabs legs?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 am

...they already picked up his 5th year option in April, how is that a discussion?

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:39 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 am ...they already picked up his 5th year option in April, how is that a discussion?
Lol.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 pm Zero chance Tampa Bay doesn't pick up his option. This suspension is for an alleged incident over 2 years ago. Jameis will have a bounce back season after having an injured shoulder last season and all the recency bias will wash away.
Agree with this, (about the option)but I don't think Winston will ever be that good. Serviceaable,even above average, but he will never justify his first overall pick status IMO. In FF that hardly matters, though.

The one thing I really want to know is: When Jameis eats "W's", do they taste like Crabs legs?
I think Jameis is someone who take several (many?) years to peak as a QB. He will be around a long-time, and for fantasy purposes, as that offense improves talent wise it'll only help elevate him. This offense has been pretty abysmal the last 2 seasons from O-line changes, lack of receivers/weapons, run game. Now he's got Evans who's about to enter his prime the next 3 years, OJ Howard, Brate, Godwin, D-Jax back, Ronald Jones, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets a coaching upgrade in the next year or two.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:38 am

Now official. 3 games.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 pm

I think Jameis is someone who take several (many?) years to peak as a QB. He will be around a long-time, and for fantasy purposes, as that offense improves talent wise it'll only help elevate him. This offense has been pretty abysmal the last 2 seasons from O-line changes, lack of receivers/weapons, run game. Now he's got Evans who's about to enter his prime the next 3 years, OJ Howard, Brate, Godwin, D-Jax back, Ronald Jones, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets a coaching upgrade in the next year or two.
I disagree. I think what you see is what you get with Winston,and I just don't think he has that "it" factor mentally. I don't own him but if I did I would be looking to sell.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:35 pm

To say that a 24 year old quarterback cannot improve is a tad asinine.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Throwing out a random comparison but would you equate Winston today to someone like Bortles?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Servo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:05 pm Throwing out a random comparison but would you equate Winston today to someone like Bortles?
There are significant differences. Winston's arm can keep him relevant even if his processing/decision-making doesn't improve. Bortles' saving grace is his mobility/legs.

If you're referring to dynasty value, still see them being waaay off.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:47 am

Considering today's update, I think it's plausible Tampa will select a QB with a Day 2 pick in '19 or '20. Especially if Koetter loses his job this year. A Day 1 pick would only mildly surprise me.

Winston's play to this point has been decent, but not special. Considered together with his off-the-field baggage, he's probably not going to command a contract in '20 of the sort that requires Tampa to go all-in on him long-term. Although this assumes his performance this season and next remains the same as before.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE