Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

Postby mild » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:05 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:18 pm
Karl Mecklenburg

After two years of getting to know him, the Broncos believe Russell Wilson isn’t capable of running Sean Peyton’s offense at a championship level. If championships are the mission of this organization then he needed to go. He isn’t a leader. The foolishness that went on in his first year at Denver with a private coach, his own office at the facility, and family at training camp when other players didn’t have those privileges, proved his self centeredness. Leadership is what made guys like Elway and Manning so valuable, even when their physical skills diminished with age. They gathered followers instead of alienating teammates. He’s not someone who is a good example for a newly drafted quarterback showing him how to read defenses. He often doesn’t read the defense and make the right adjustments to get the team into a better play or blocking call. He doesn’t get the ball to the right guy quickly. If they didn’t release him now, another guaranteed portion of his contract would kick in. It’s hard to admit you were wrong. I’m proud of the organization for cutting their losses and releasing Wilson. He's not the right guy for this organization. I hope he lands on his feet with a team who already has leadership and can take advantage of his unquestionable off script playmaking skills.
What's this crap :lol:

If I wanted the company line I'd just read the press release

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:46 pm

Pittsburgh was supposedly not interested in Wilson, but now it appears he will in fact meet with the team ahead of free agency.

A quick look at the schedule shows Denver and the Steelers hooking up at some point in 2024, and that would sure be fun to watch. Here's hoping that's where he ends up! I can't help but think he'd be better for Pittsburgh pass catchers than Pickett has been to date.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:11 pm

mild wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:05 pm
Karl Mecklenburg

After two years of getting to know him, the Broncos believe Russell Wilson isn’t capable of running Sean Peyton’s offense at a championship level. If championships are the mission of this organization then he needed to go. He isn’t a leader. The foolishness that went on in his first year at Denver with a private coach, his own office at the facility, and family at training camp when other players didn’t have those privileges, proved his self centeredness. Leadership is what made guys like Elway and Manning so valuable, even when their physical skills diminished with age. They gathered followers instead of alienating teammates. He’s not someone who is a good example for a newly drafted quarterback showing him how to read defenses. He often doesn’t read the defense and make the right adjustments to get the team into a better play or blocking call. He doesn’t get the ball to the right guy quickly. If they didn’t release him now, another guaranteed portion of his contract would kick in. It’s hard to admit you were wrong. I’m proud of the organization for cutting their losses and releasing Wilson. He's not the right guy for this organization. I hope he lands on his feet with a team who already has leadership and can take advantage of his unquestionable off script playmaking skills.

Idk. Mark Schlereth and Shannon Sharpe, both former Broncos and as plugged in as anyone with the team, have basically said the same thing. Maybe a change of scenery helps, but it soundsl ike Russ lost the building.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:58 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:46 pm I can't help but think he'd be better for Pittsburgh pass catchers than Pickett has been to date.
i can't help but think that YOU would be better for pittsburgh pass catchers than pickett has to date! bleep, i'd rather they have WILSON pickett, and he's dead!

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:11 pm
mild wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:05 pm

Idk. Mark Schlereth and Shannon Sharpe, both former Broncos and as plugged in as anyone with the team, have basically said the same thing. Maybe a change of scenery helps, but it soundsl ike Russ lost the building.
i mean, it's not like you'd have a hard time believing anyone telling you that wuss is a big time bellend...

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:15 am

At this point, I am coming around to Russ in a Steelers uniform.

There is no way management can go into 2024 without adding a QB. The draft doesn't seem to be a path to a viable QB without trading massive capital. They'd have to get up to 1.10/1.11 (from 1.20) to have a chance at the 5th rookie QB and I don't see them doing that.

That leaves free agency, and there are historically two options in free agency. Either overpay (for overlong) for a guy you think can take over for 5+ years (eg Mayfield/Cousins, who each of different reasons for not be good for a big$3yr offer), or take the cheap route and get a guy who has never been all that good in previous stops (eg, Heinike/Brissett, neither of who would be good enough). Neither of those routes look like something Pittsburgh should do today.

Fortunately, Russ provides a very good FA alternative. Low $, no assets required, and no risk. If (big if) Russ can be an average good QB, Pittsburgh's offense looks a lot better. Russ doesn't have to turn into Herbert. Russ just has to not be complete garbage like what the Steelers trotted out in 2023. In Pittsburgh, with that roster and Arty Smith at the helm, I think Russ can pull a turnaround like Baker did in 2023.

Unless he's totally shot, Russ will abuse NFL defenses by targeting Diontae 160 times, with much more accurate passes than DJ has seen the last two seasons. Unless he's totally shot, Russ will fire downfield darts to Pickens, and mop the mid-field with Friermuth's talents.

And all for the veteran minimum.

Pittsburgh needs Russ. Russ needs Pittsburgh. It's almost too perfect a match to not happen.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:30 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:15 amPittsburgh needs Russ. Russ needs Pittsburgh. It's almost too perfect a match to not happen.
To be a Russ apologist ... I won't put all the blame on Russ for the Debacle in Denver. For as much as Sean Payton is said to be a QB-friendly coach or a QB-maker, his past does not really support that.

OC in NYG: Three years where Kerry Collins was basically yesteryear's Kenny Pickett.
OC in DAL: Three years where he couldn't "coach up" a single QB to be anything more than straight garbage.
HC in NO: Hit the ground running w/future HOF Brees. When Drew aged into blah, so did the offense. After Brees, Payton's genius failed to produce an offense good enough to be a contender.
HC in DEN: No success again.

Brees was a coach on the field, much like Brady or prime Aaron Rodgers. Those kind of guys don't need offensive gurus. They just need head coaches to get out of their way and let the QB do his thing. Payton did not make Drew Brees. Drew Brees made Payton. Then Payton proved unable to ... uhhhh ... actually coach in Denver and the team floundered, including Russ.

Russ produces well with strong coaching, as we saw with Carroll in Seattle. I think putting Russ in Pittsburgh with a true and real coach again (and an OC with an actual plan) will give Russ the foundation he needs to be at least an average QB.

Also, is it just me, or can we all squint and see a new DKM/Lockett with Russ throwing to Pickett/DJ?
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:38 am

Russ to Pittsburgh would also enable me to cut all these gross Rudolph shares I'm holding onto in Superflex leagues lol. Pickett isn't the answer. Rudolph isn't either but I'm confident he's starting games by mid-season if that's the QB competition. And in 16 team Superflex leagues, that's worth something...

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:51 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:30 am
Also, is it just me, or can we all squint and see a new DKM/Lockett with Russ throwing to Pickett/DJ?
You gotta squint really hard while on mushrooms.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:56 am

CGW wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:51 am
:lol:
By any means necessary
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:20 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:56 am
By any means necessary
Now you're going to need something a little stronger than squinting. Diontae to the Panthers.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:14 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:20 pm

By any means necessary
Now you're going to need something a little stronger than squinting. Diontae to the Panthers.
They're just making room for Hollywood + Ridley in Pittsburgh.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:07 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:14 pm
By any means necessary
I can certainly see that
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:07 pm

TheTroll wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:07 pm
Anteaters wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:14 pm

I can certainly see that
PIT more likely to draft WR's, like they always do.

Hollywood reportedly down to the Chiefs and the Bears.

Him in the MVS role... good lord...