All Pro
All Pro

Re: Sell me on Calvin Ridley

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:20 pm

81- wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:04 pm
Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:20 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:39 pm
Projection: 85-1150-7
So a better stat line than with Trevor Lawrence? There is a LOT of Levis hopium being huffed everywhere. :lol:
Not as crazy as DJ Moore putting up 1400 with fields
I also was banging on the drum for DJ Moore to have a great season if you look in that thread.... I got laughed at there as well.
gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:37 am A few years ago Lamar was a RB and couldn't throw
Once upon a time Diggs and AJB wouldn't get enough targets to be elite

drum roll....

history repeats itself....

DJM 90-1300-8

BOOK IT
DJM 2023 Statline 96-1364-8
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:30 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:12 pm Not arguing to say Ridley will or won’t do better. My money would be no, but that’s more so about Ridley himself than it is about Lawrence/Levis. But it’s not inconceivable.

Last year:
Lawrence - 251ypg on 35 attempts per game
Levis (excluding Houston game he left after 6 passes) - 224ypg on 31 attempts per game

On a per attempt basis, Levis already was better (at least yardage wise) with a worse supporting cast, as a rookie. Add in a new offensive minded head coach, better weapons, maybe just maybe he improves a little as a player himself over rookie version Levis…who knows.
Ah yes, YPG... that most useful of QB barometers.

You gotta squint pretty hard to say that Levis is a better QB than Trevor Lawrence by just about any tangible distinction imo.

Interesting that you didn't choose FPPG (fantasy points per game) which seems a little more starkly painted:

T-Law: 17.3 PPG - 16 games
Levis: 11.8 PPG - 9 games

You'd have literally gotten more tangible fantasy production out of starting Josh Dobbs in 2023.

I don't even like T-Law that much... somehow I'm caping for him in an argument about whether he's still better than Will Levis in 2024. What a world. :lol:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:32 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:20 pm
81- wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:04 pm

So a better stat line than with Trevor Lawrence? There is a LOT of Levis hopium being huffed everywhere. :lol:
Not as crazy as DJ Moore putting up 1400 with fields
I also was banging on the drum for DJ Moore to have a great season if you look in that thread.... I got laughed at there as well.
gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:37 am A few years ago Lamar was a RB and couldn't throw
Once upon a time Diggs and AJB wouldn't get enough targets to be elite

drum roll....

history repeats itself....

DJM 90-1300-8

BOOK IT
DJM 2023 Statline 96-1364-8
I had him in that ballpark. Can't find the post in the bears thread.

I can see Calvin being in the 1200+ range if he stays healthy. They gotta feed him with that deal
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:32 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:19 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:39 pm
Projection: 85-1150-7
Why not? While not a full season, Levis was better than TLaw was his first year and he could improve with a revamped offensive line and improved offensive weapons. TLaw himself hasn't been all that great, and lets not forget that Ridley lead the NFL in pass interference calls and was deployed as an outside X when he is best at moving around the formation so he can avoid press coverage.

I got laughed at for telling people to buy him for a 2nd last year (in this thread) and I predicted him putting up WR2 numbers with upside for WR1 numbers.
I too was in on Ridley last off season, especially at the price then. I wound up trading him in a deal for Lamb before the season.

My issue is with Levis, not Ridley. Trevor, as has been mentioned, hasn't been what we all hoped he'd be. But he's far superior to Levis, who can't see the pass rush at all. Levis played 1/2 the year and ended with 8 TD passes and 4 picks.

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:37 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:32 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:19 pm

Why not? While not a full season, Levis was better than TLaw was his first year and he could improve with a revamped offensive line and improved offensive weapons. TLaw himself hasn't been all that great, and lets not forget that Ridley lead the NFL in pass interference calls and was deployed as an outside X when he is best at moving around the formation so he can avoid press coverage.

I got laughed at for telling people to buy him for a 2nd last year (in this thread) and I predicted him putting up WR2 numbers with upside for WR1 numbers.
I too was in on Ridley last off season, especially at the price then. I wound up trading him in a deal for Lamb before the season.

My issue is with Levis, not Ridley. Trevor, as has been mentioned, hasn't been what we all hoped he'd be. But he's far superior to Levis, who can't see the pass rush at all. Levis played 1/2 the year and ended with 8 TD passes and 4 picks.
And 4 of those TDs came in one game.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:37 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:20 pm
Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:20 pm So a better stat line than with Trevor Lawrence? There is a LOT of Levis hopium being huffed everywhere. :lol:
I was going to say...!

In what universe do we think Levis is anywhere near the arm-talent that T-Law is?

And T-Law might not even be -that- good either...
Levis doesn't necessarily need to have better arm talent. Volume alone could be very good in Tennessee for Ridley. And hanging on to a few more TD passes that bounced off his hands last year.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:40 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:37 pm
mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:20 pm
Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:20 pm So a better stat line than with Trevor Lawrence? There is a LOT of Levis hopium being huffed everywhere. :lol:
I was going to say...!

In what universe do we think Levis is anywhere near the arm-talent that T-Law is?

And T-Law might not even be -that- good either...
Levis doesn't necessarily need to have better arm talent. Volume alone could be very good in Tennessee for Ridley. And hanging on to a few more TD passes that bounced off his hands last year.
"Among the concerns was his issue with drops; Ridley's seven drops were tied for seventh most among receivers."

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:30 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:12 pm Not arguing to say Ridley will or won’t do better. My money would be no, but that’s more so about Ridley himself than it is about Lawrence/Levis. But it’s not inconceivable.

Last year:
Levis (excluding Houston game he left after 6 passes) - 224ypg on 31 attempts per game

On a per attempt basis, Levis already was better (at least yardage wise) with a worse supporting cast, as a rookie. Add in a new offensive minded head coach, better weapons, maybe just maybe he improves a little as a player himself over rookie version Levis…who knows.

You gotta squint pretty hard to say that Levis is a better QB than Trevor Lawrence by just about any tangible distinction imo.

Interesting that you didn't choose FPPG (fantasy points per game) which seems a little more starkly painted:

You'd have literally gotten more tangible fantasy production out of starting Josh Dobbs in 2023.

I don't even like T-Law that much... somehow I'm caping for him in an argument about whether he's still better than Will Levis in 2024. What a world. :lol:
T-Law averaged ~12 ppg his rookie year. Are you going to tell us all that Levis won't take a step forward, with a better WR and improved offensive line? Per PFF, Titans O-line was ranked 32nd in 2023..they've already added 2 offensive lineman and the best offensive line coach in the NFL in Bill Callahan. They very likely could draft another lineman in the top 10 picks.
Last edited by gogobradyarm on Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:22 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 pm
mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:30 pm Ah yes, YPG... that most useful of QB barometers.

T-Law averaged ~12 ppg his rookie year. Are you going to tell us all that Levis won't take a step forward, with a better WR and improved offensive line?
"I mean a boat is a boat, Lois, and you know I've always wanted one of those... but a mystery box... it could be anything! It could even be a boat!"

If you're honestly stumping off the idea of someone improving to the level of a quantity that is -known- just "because the other guy did it" then I don't really think we need to argue further.

By all means gentlemen: place your bets...

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:26 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:30 pm

Last year:

Yet when we’re talking about a Ridley stat line (where this all started), it does not matter who is a better QB or better fantasy QB. Yes, YPG would be pretty indicative of what Ridley might be able to produce.

I’m not arguing Levis is better than TLaw at all. Just that it’s a poor judgment in my opinion to assume Ridley’s stat line will be worse because of Levis. Too much else going into it.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:27 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:22 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 pm
mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:30 pm Ah yes, YPG... that most useful of QB barometers.

T-Law averaged ~12 ppg his rookie year. Are you going to tell us all that Levis won't take a step forward, with a better WR and improved offensive line?
"I mean a boat is a boat, Lois, and you know I've always wanted one of those... but a mystery box... it could be anything! It could even be a boat!"

If you're honestly stumping off the idea of someone improving to the level of a quantity that is -known- just "because the other guy did it" then I don't really think we need to argue further.

By all means gentlemen: place your bets...
Says the poster comparing a 3rd year QB to a 1st year QB in entirely different situations. :lol:

Regardless, Ridley is going to at worst, perform as he did in 2023. At best, he can improve after knocking off the rust in 2023.

Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:34 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:27 pm Says the poster comparing a 3rd year QB to a 1st year QB in entirely different situations. :lol:

Regardless, Ridley is going to at worst, perform as he did in 2023. At best, he can improve after knocking off the rust in 2023.
Completely different situations is right.

Glad you brought up the yawning chasm between T-Law and the glorious Urban Meyer regime

vs. Will Levis and literal 2021 coach-of-the-year winner Mike Vrabel

To the bolded: I say bet. 8-)

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:34 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:27 pm Says the poster comparing a 3rd year QB to a 1st year QB in entirely different situations. :lol:

Completely different situations is right.

Glad you brought up the yawning chasm between T-Law and the glorious Urban Meyer regime

vs. Will Levis and literal 2021 coach-of-the-year winner Mike Vrabel

To the bolded: I say bet. 8-)
Let me fix that, the fired and unemployed Vrabel and the 32nd ranked offensive line in the NFL LMAO. I promise you Bill Callahan is going to turn that offensive line around real fast, he isn't considered the best in the NFL at coaching offensive lines by just me.

Touche tho on how Ridley performs
Last edited by gogobradyarm on Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Year 9 of my league

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 pm

Give me the under.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:55 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:27 pm
Regardless, Ridley is going to at worst, perform as he did in 2023.
Umm, not so much. He is older and going to a worse situation. Far from any guarantees for me.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts