bcap88
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Sell me on Calvin Ridley

Postby bcap88 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:42 am

mild wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:31 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:52 pm
bcap88 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:32 pm
If you don’t think Levis won’t get a significant bump in passing volume then you obviously didn’t watch any of the bengals

Jake browning averaged 32 pass attempts per game as the full time starter with Callahan as the coordinator that’s prorated to 544 pass attempts over 17 games which would be good for 11th in the league
Can’t debate with fools using logic or reasoning
Firstly, get f--ked :lol:

Secondly, our man is saying that FOR SURE Will Levis is about to be Top 10 in Pass Attempts.

I can buy a bump upward going from Vrabel to Callahan. As you say - he's coming from dead last. Even middle of the pack would be a big step forward.

Writing his name in pen for top 10 pass attempts (or any kind of top 10, quite frankly) after watching him play in 2023 is way beyond the pale - just for me.

But hey. Stay woke.

(ps. I don't see why Calvin Ridley would command more targets than D-Hop in this scenario still - why do we have optimism given that T-Law was already 8th in your precious pass attempts?)
What if I told you even under Vrabel, in full games Levis averaged 31 pass attempts per game, which would have prorated to 527 pass attempts under a coach who never wanted to pass the football which would have been tied for 12th under a run heavy offense. It is absolutely under the realm of possibility and more likely a probability that Callahan throws the ball more than any titans under Vrabel. Looking at the bengals weather it was burrow or browning they ran their offense the same way which was pass orientated
12 Team 1qb ppr 6 pt tds

QB:Mahomes,Stafford,
RB:Bijan,Gibbs,javonte Williams,Hubbard, Aaron jones,gainwell
WR:Higgins,London,aiyuk,Jsn
TE:Goedert,Fant
Taxi:Austin,pierce,Phillips,okonkwo,Washington,Jarrett,tucker, hooker

2025,2026 two first round picks in both years

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:21 pm

bcap88 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:42 am What if I told you even under Vrabel, in full games Levis averaged 31 pass attempts per game, which would have prorated to 527 pass attempts under a coach who never wanted to pass the football which would have been tied for 12th under a run heavy offense. It is absolutely under the realm of possibility and more likely a probability that Callahan throws the ball more than any titans under Vrabel. Looking at the bengals weather it was burrow or browning they ran their offense the same way which was pass orientated
Cool. Here's him playing a good defense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ7a0qhK8EE

500+ pass attempts of this, assuming he stays healthy and doesn't get benched for losing games.

How exciting. :lol:

bcap88
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bcap88 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm

mild wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:21 pm
bcap88 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:42 am What if I told you even under Vrabel, in full games Levis averaged 31 pass attempts per game, which would have prorated to 527 pass attempts under a coach who never wanted to pass the football which would have been tied for 12th under a run heavy offense. It is absolutely under the realm of possibility and more likely a probability that Callahan throws the ball more than any titans under Vrabel. Looking at the bengals weather it was burrow or browning they ran their offense the same way which was pass orientated
Cool. Here's him playing a good defense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ7a0qhK8EE

500+ pass attempts of this, assuming he stays healthy and doesn't get benched for losing games.

How exciting. :lol:
Cherry picking a guys second career start on the road in a Thursday game is some grade A stuff

Very convenient not choosing him torching the 7th best pass defense in his first career start
12 Team 1qb ppr 6 pt tds

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:46 pm

bcap88 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm Cherry picking a guys second career start on the road in a Thursday game is some grade A stuff

Very convenient not choosing him torching the 7th best pass defense in his first career start
Do you know why I wouldn't pick that one?

Because he never threw for 4 TD's in a game again, and those were garbage trick plays where he just heaved it up and hoped. It's not sustainable QB play. The majority of his season looked far more like the above. One could argue: once the book was out on him, and defenses could study him: he struggled. Happens to QB's all the time.

You can pick another game where he played a good defense if you like.

I don't know why you're excited for the Mayonnaise man.

And I'm even less sure what this has to do with Calvin Ridley, he of the "just left the offense that was 8th in pass attempts" and now joins the bottom ranked one, with an iffy unproven QB, and with DeAndre Hopkins and Treylon Burks for company.

bcap88
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bcap88 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:39 pm

mild wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:46 pm
bcap88 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm Cherry picking a guys second career start on the road in a Thursday game is some grade A stuff

Do you know why I wouldn't pick that one?

Because he never threw for 4 TD's in a game again, and those were garbage trick plays where he just heaved it up and hoped. It's not sustainable QB play. The majority of his season looked far more like the above. One could argue: once the book was out on him, and defenses could study him: he struggled. Happens to QB's all the time.

You can pick another game where he played a good defense if you like.

I don't know why you're excited for the Mayonnaise man.

And I'm even less sure what this has to do with Calvin Ridley, he of the "just left the offense that was 8th in pass attempts" and now joins the bottom ranked one, with an iffy unproven QB, and with DeAndre Hopkins and Treylon Burks for company.
Must have not watched the game against Miami

Or any titans game for that matter

They have a new head coach in Callahan who is calling the plays. Bengals threw the ball all around the field and have been in the top half of pass attempts since Callahan and Taylor been there

Keep sucking on your thumb and think the titans are going to run the ball 30 times a game

Not a Levis plug but more a the offense Ridley is in is not going to be far off from the jaguars
12 Team 1qb ppr 6 pt tds