The official "Where will Odell play next year?" thread. Post inside your guess.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!

Will Odell be traded?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 62

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: The official "Where will Odell play next year?" thread. Post inside your guess.

Postby kadun2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:59 am

With a player of his caliber ANYTHING can happen :dance:

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The official "Where will Odell play next year?" thread. Post inside your guess.

Postby maxhyde » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:12 am

I think any team that wants to trade for him will need to know his contract demands. 20 million a year for a non-QB is a steep enough price without cost a cheap player for 5 years on top of it. I could see a 1st after about pick 20 but I tend to lean to skip's side here that a 1st is going to be a difficult choice for most teams.

I doubt he gets moved but if he does an extension is very likely in place before or shortly after the trade
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:16 am

Yeah - I feel like many people are just considering the 1st; not the 1st AND the fact a team will probably need to make him the highest paid WR to make OBJ happy.

Cooks was different because the Pats still got him for 2 years at a very cheap salary.

Not to mention since the rookie pay scale adjustments, picks are even more valuable because of how much lesd they are now paid.

With OBJ you are basically trading for the right to pay him.
Last edited by Phaded on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 am

Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:16 am Yeah - I feel like many people are just considering the 1st; not the 1st AND the fact a team will probably need to make him the highest paid WR to make OBJ happy.

Cooks was different because the Pats still got him for 2 years at a very cheap salary.
True but its also (and I would argue more importantly) different because OBJ is far superior to Cooks as a WR. Just sayin...

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:24 am

Completely agree that any team has to go in to the situation knowing they are going to be paying top money to Odell. Even on top of that, i still feel there will be teams that would be willing to give up a 1st round pick. Keeping this in context, nobody has said this 1st has to be a top 5 pick. But to think a team wouldnt give up the 20 something pick to pay Odell? Still not buying it. The market will be there. Now whether the Giants pull the trigger is a completely different argument.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 am

Odell will be traded. If the Giants were not looking for a deal, they could have killed this story before it went anywhere, they did not...My guess is the Rams will be his next team. They have Goff and Gurley under their rookie contracts. The Rams could structure to put a lot of the guaranteed money front loaded before Gurley and Goff need to get paid. Odell would thrive in LA. The offensive pie is bigger in LA, Goff had nearly 2100 yards in the second half of last season without Odell.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:40 am

skip wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 am
UATahoe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:43 am I think people are too hung up on the Giants saying the price is 2 firsts. That's just as much of a negotiating tactic as players threatening to sit out and not play under the franchise tag. LOL. Of course they will shoot high but we all know the price would be less.
I doubt anyone will give up a single 1st. This isn't fantasy football. I'd expect the price to be more like a pair of 2nds and possibly an additional piece, like a 5th rounder. Overall, I'm not anticipating a trade happening but if it does, they aren't getting a 1st.
New Orleans got a 1st for Cooks.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:42 am

dm1129 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 am Odell will be traded. If the Giants were not looking for a deal, they could have killed this story before it went anywhere, they did not...My guess is the Rams will be his next team. They have Goff and Gurley under their rookie contracts. The Rams could structure to put a lot of the guaranteed money front loaded before Gurley and Goff need to get paid. Odell would thrive in LA. The offensive pie is bigger in LA, Goff had nearly 2100 yards in the second half of last season without Odell.
Don't forget about Aaron Donalds mega deal that has to be coming soon also (if they keep him of course).

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:49 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:42 am
dm1129 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 am Odell will be traded. If the Giants were not looking for a deal, they could have killed this story before it went anywhere, they did not...My guess is the Rams will be his next team. They have Goff and Gurley under their rookie contracts. The Rams could structure to put a lot of the guaranteed money front loaded before Gurley and Goff need to get paid. Odell would thrive in LA. The offensive pie is bigger in LA, Goff had nearly 2100 yards in the second half of last season without Odell.
Don't forget about Aaron Donalds mega deal that has to be coming soon also (if they keep him of course).
I haven't. It would not surprise me if Brockers or even Donald himself is part of the trade to NYG.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:02 am

I’d go with the Rams too. They are making big moves, there’s rumors that he’s told some of the Rams that he wants in. The whole LA thing would fit him. There’s very little chance that he ends up in the division and I actually think he’ll probably stay in NY. If I had to pick somewhere else though, it would be the LA Rams.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:11 am

skip wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 am
UATahoe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 am If Jay Cutler can be traded for 2 1st round picks i dont see how Odell couldnt be. LOL. I agree 2 1st's wont happen but i bet there multiple teams that would trade a singe 1st without hesitation.
Brandon Marshall was traded for a a pair of 2nd round picks in 2010 to the Miami Dolphins. No 1sts. Just two years after that he was moved for a pair of 3rds. Marshall was also regarded as elite with off field concerns. Team are not going to give up a 1st round pick.
I'm not sure Marshall was ever considered "elite" in the way Beckham is. Also, Beckham's coke video and off-field issues are nowhere near as big as Marshall's were with his domestic violence and assaulting police offers prior to diagnosing/treating his borderline personality disorder. I would not compare the two when it comes to trade value.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Doesn't SF still have a lot of cap room? They snagged their franchise QB, but didn't bring in any offensive help other than McKinnon. The 9th pick isn't high enough to guarantee that "their guy" will be available, so is it too far-fetched to think Lynch goes after Odell?

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 pm

UATahoe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:43 am I think people are too hung up on the Giants saying the price is 2 firsts. That's just as much of a negotiating tactic as players threatening to sit out and not play under the franchise tag. LOL. Of course they will shoot high but we all know the price would be less.
I doubt anyone will give up a single 1st. This isn't fantasy football. I'd expect the price to be more like a pair of 2nds and possibly an additional piece, like a 5th rounder. Overall, I'm not anticipating a trade happening but if it does, they aren't getting a 1st.
But.. but...but... a 22nd pick in the 1st was already offered....

They also are working on offering a player with said pick.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:26 pm

UATahoe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:50 am Just curious to see the different opinions. My personal opinion is he is traded to the Dallas Cowboys for Dez and their 1st round pick. Hey, i decided to go big and crazy. LOL
Definitely big and crazy! I just could never see them trading Odell to someone in their own Division ouch!!
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 pm

CK_ wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 pm
But.. but...but... a 22nd pick in the 1st was already offered....

They also are working on offering a player with said pick.
Whats your source?

I have not heard one report that it was offered. I think you are blowing smoke here.