Zay Jones reportedly arrested

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Zay Jones reportedly arrested

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:07 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:07 pm sounds like he might have been on synthetic weed or something of that nature
PCP was my first thought.

I'm a paramedic. I once responded to a call in which a man on PCP had broken most of his teeth trying to eat the steel bar on a bed headboard. He thought it was corn on the cob.
That’s nuts. I’m sure you see some crazy stuff. I hate a seeing a guy just throwing everything away but whatever it is, undiagnosed condition, drug addiction, etc, I hope it all turns out alright.
Last edited by Cowboysfan33 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:32 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:51 pm It's also possible he's an undiagnosed schizophrenic.
Or diagnosed and just not taking his meds or mixing meds with other stuff.

Late teens/early 20s is actually when people have their first psychotic break, so could be undiagnosed and just the beginning of it. Either way, hope he gets some help and is ok.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:47 pm

I just traded him away for Njoku a few days ago. I am very happy I did. Although I may have lost a trade partner forever now. Hope Jones is going to be ok.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:19 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:59 pm
Tsunami wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 pm Everyone always jumps to the conclusion that they are on drugs but so much of this behavior (and drug use itself) comes from the concussions that it should always be considered the most likely cause.
Advanced CTE to the point that the brain has become swiss cheese can definitely lead to bizarre behavior, but Jones is on video stark naked, raving about "fighting for Jesus", and trying to jump from a height of 90 meters. Unless maybe this was a bizarre suicide attempt, I don't think CTE alone is enough of an explanation here, especially not in a 22-year-old.
Agreed Nino.

No way you can possibly claim CTE erratic behavior in a 22-year old. He must have been on something, and what that was is clearly speculation at this point so I'll just wait and see what plays out in toxicology.

But from an underperforming rookie WR who's trying to prove he was worth the draft capital invested in him in 2017 this is a pretty bad look. Glad I don't own any Zay shares, and hope he can get whatever problems he's having under control for his livelihood moving forward.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:47 am

Friction wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:21 pm Synthetic weed usually only lasts a minute or two, at least the crazy part. Unless he really went overboard with it. Now bath salts.....
This might be your experience but I’ve had plenty of patients with terrible reactions to K2/Spice that have lasted for hours.

I really hope, for his sake, he was high out of his mind. The alternative explanation is a schizophrenic break, and as others have alluded to, he’s the right age for it.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:04 am

Tsunami wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 pm He didn't do anything that would warrant a suspension.
Usually when there's a felony charge associated with the crime, there is suspension that follows. The felony may get reduced or dropped in court but it's still enough for the NFL to take action.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 am

Zay Jones adds his name into the hat for the award of worst off-season arrest. Him and Robby "threaten to rape a cop's wife" Anderson are the early favorites for the coveted award

Has to be a hell of a bad trip. Naked fights his brother for Jesus while wanting to jump out a 30 story window (without seeming actually suicidal). Did he go old school and take some LSD for these halluciantions and reality breaks?

The schizophrenic theory actually isn't a bad one. My wife's cousin was perfectly fine growing up, maybe a little socially awkward but nothing bad, then at 20 out of nowhere he would start wandering around town in the middle of the night talking about video games and unresponsive to anyone who'd try to talk to him. A complete break from reality. Thankfully the doctors got him on the right meds that stopped the episodes without turning him into a zombie and now I'd have never known if I wasn't told about his past.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:01 am

Code: Select all

ZAY IT AIN'T SO
[/i][/b]

That's what I love about our TMZ world today. Without any pertinent information to base a diagnosis on we have had about 3-4 different assumptions for what we'd like to think caused Mr. Jones to act out the way he did. At least I haven't seen Russia as the reason ...yet ... or is that nyet :nono:

Instead of waiting for the facts to come out we jump to conclusions based on a blurb from a reporter that we don't even know how much of what was reported is actually true.

I briefly worked@ WXYT newstalk radio station in Detroit metro market. Number one newstalk station @ the time as J.P. McCarthy had just retired recently as King of the Morning drive time slot over @ WJR. (Home of the Tigers games, huge advantage back then)

Our station had just brought in Denny McClain, last 30 game winner in the major leagues. (Probably will be forever the way they pamper the sissy pitchers today :thumbdown) but anyways he was a local legendary figure. Both for good & bad reasons. We got along great so he shared some insight into what was the reality in a locker room and the public perception. Good guys aren't always the way we see them and vice versa. Denny loved Lenny Dykstra who was a brash up & comer for the Mets who had helped them win in '86 just got traded to the Phillies for all star 2B Juan Samuel.(Roger McDowell also went to the Phillies). Denny had inside track to know that off the field stuff was a big reason for the trade but "knew" that Dykstra would make that bad Phillies team a winner. Samuel he said was a stat chaser that didn't make his team better despite his impressive physical ability to hit HR's and steal bases. Empty stats. Me being into fantasy baseball argued Samuel's stats "proved" it would be a bad trade for the Phillies. Denny taught me a huge lesson about chasing old stats instead of future fits if you want to be a good GM.

Now Denny and Lenny were two peas in a pod. Gamblers and hustling was in their blood. But between the lines on the field they were bulldogs that were winners. At least until their bodies gave out from years of abuse. Every fan base loved these kind of cocky , crash waiting to happen guys when things are going good. Both ended up in controversial circumstances that wound up sending them to prison.

Point being, We really don't know what makes these athletes tick. On a personal level Denny was a great guy that put 1000% into everything he did. Always to excess. Right down to drinking about a case of diet coke during his shift @ the station (better than the straight Pepsi during his playing days) to hustling pension funds and loans.

We as fans want to think we know these guys. The Lions drafted Titus Young and thought they got a steal. All the poking & prodding plus the help they offered couldn't get through to the cause of his bizarre behavior. Only upon incarceration where he was lucky enough to get constant medical and emotional support did Titus figure it out. Too late for his football career but hopefully he will be able to live out a long ,happy life.

Zay by the reports we've seen was with his brother (also a NFL WR). Hopefully those close to him get him the help needed to get his life in order.There are people in his life that love & need him to be around .

As for the TMZ parasitic paparazzi, try injecting a little bit more of journalistic integrity in your reporting.

As for the the fantasy football prospectors it is time to hold until further notice unless you need the roster spot. ROI is at an all-time low so I'd wait to see if it was just an episode or reaction. If you are only getting a last rd pick in return for the guy you probably spent a 2nd rd on last year might as well wait it out. The fit is there in Buffalo if he gets the off field issues figured out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:25 am

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:01 am

Code: Select all

ZAY IT AIN'T SO
[/i][/b]

That's what I love about our TMZ world today. Without any pertinent information to base a diagnosis on we have had about 3-4 different assumptions for what we'd like to think caused Mr. Jones to act out the way he did. At least I haven't seen Russia as the reason ...yet ... or is that nyet :nono:

Instead of waiting for the facts to come out we jump to conclusions based on a blurb from a reporter that we don't even know how much of what was reported is actually true.

I briefly worked@ WXYT newstalk radio station in Detroit metro market. Number one newstalk station @ the time as J.P. McCarthy had just retired recently as King of the Morning drive time slot over @ WJR. (Home of the Tigers games, huge advantage back then)

Our station had just brought in Denny McClain, last 30 game winner in the major leagues. (Probably will be forever the way they pamper the sissy pitchers today :thumbdown) but anyways he was a local legendary figure. Both for good & bad reasons. We got along great so he shared some insight into what was the reality in a locker room and the public perception. Good guys aren't always the way we see them and vice versa. Denny loved Lenny Dykstra who was a brash up & comer for the Mets who had helped them win in '86 just got traded to the Phillies for all star 2B Juan Samuel.(Roger McDowell also went to the Phillies). Denny had inside track to know that off the field stuff was a big reason for the trade but "knew" that Dykstra would make that bad Phillies team a winner. Samuel he said was a stat chaser that didn't make his team better despite his impressive physical ability to hit HR's and steal bases. Empty stats. Me being into fantasy baseball argued Samuel's stats "proved" it would be a bad trade for the Phillies. Denny taught me a huge lesson about chasing old stats instead of future fits if you want to be a good GM.

Now Denny and Lenny were two peas in a pod. Gamblers and hustling was in their blood. But between the lines on the field they were bulldogs that were winners. At least until their bodies gave out from years of abuse. Every fan base loved these kind of cocky , crash waiting to happen guys when things are going good. Both ended up in controversial circumstances that wound up sending them to prison.

Point being, We really don't know what makes these athletes tick. On a personal level Denny was a great guy that put 1000% into everything he did. Always to excess. Right down to drinking about a case of diet coke during his shift @ the station (better than the straight Pepsi during his playing days) to hustling pension funds and loans.

We as fans want to think we know these guys. The Lions drafted Titus Young and thought they got a steal. All the poking & prodding plus the help they offered couldn't get through to the cause of his bizarre behavior. Only upon incarceration where he was lucky enough to get constant medical and emotional support did Titus figure it out. Too late for his football career but hopefully he will be able to live out a long ,happy life.

Zay by the reports we've seen was with his brother (also a NFL WR). Hopefully those close to him get him the help needed to get his life in order.There are people in his life that love & need him to be around .

As for the TMZ parasitic paparazzi, try injecting a little bit more of journalistic integrity in your reporting.

As for the the fantasy football prospectors it is time to hold until further notice unless you need the roster spot. ROI is at an all-time low so I'd wait to see if it was just an episode or reaction. If you are only getting a last rd pick in return for the guy you probably spent a 2nd rd on last year might as well wait it out. The fit is there in Buffalo if he gets the off field issues figured out.
Interesting post. Thanks for sharing

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:04 am

Sounds like it's drug related. Schizo is also a possibility. My sister is a cop and had a call for a guy on "dragons breath". He was hallucinating, and bit one of the other cops that there. They tazed him, beat him with a club, and he wasn't phased. It took six cops to subdue him. While subdued, he repeatedly smashed his head against the concrete trying to get free. Drugs are bad.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:47 pm I just traded him away for Njoku a few days ago. I am very happy I did. Although I may have lost a trade partner forever now. Hope Jones is going to be ok.
This was a steal for Njoku before the news imo.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:07 pm sounds like he might have been on synthetic weed or something of that nature

I'm a paramedic. I once responded to a call in which a man on PCP had broken most of his teeth trying to eat the steel bar on a bed headboard. He thought it was corn on the cob.

I used to be a Probation Officer and PCP was my gut reaction after seeing the vid, especially the aftermath.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:57 am

John Paul wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 pm

I used to be a Probation Officer and PCP was my gut reaction after seeing the vid, especially the aftermath.
I don't know if what I saw was PCP in Zay, personally I don't think it was that, but since we're on PCP stories I've got a few of them from my Dad as he works in an emergency room and being a bigger ex-rugby player often volunteers when cops bring someone into the ER that could get violent

PCP is horrible in that it makes people crazy violent, and essentially shutting down all pain receptors. One guy (who stupidly wasn't handcuffed) dropped the officer and turned on the female nurse in the hall. My veritable Bear of a father grabbed a fire extinguisher off the wall and walloped the guy in the back of head. Dude stumbled forward from a loss in balance but then just turned around like a grandma hit him with a rolled up magazine for being naughty. Cop recovered by this point and tazered him thankfully. 10,000 volts going through you doesn't matter how tough you are when it takes over your muscular control. A different guy was in the ER with two broken arms from being tazed by the cops. He was a massive roided up body builder and a tazer often causes all your muscles to clench hard which causes most of the pain. His forearms and biceps flexed so hard it broke his bones just from that sheer force.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:02 am

Tsunami wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 pm He didn't do anything that would warrant a suspension. He bloodied his leg kicking through a window, and got arrested for vandalism. Clearly erratic behavior and possibly a sign of CTE or drug abuse, but not something to hurt his playing time.

Everyone always jumps to the conclusion that they are on drugs but so much of this behavior (and drug use itself) comes from the concussions that it should always be considered the most likely cause.
well not everyone I just assumed he put one teaspoon extra splenda in his camomile tea/ those artificial sweeteners are just bad news !
Isn't that what everyone assumed when he was ready to fight for jesus naked and go greg louganis in newly added summer olympic 30 story high dive trials . Always room at the top of the 30 story high dive rankings and damned few repeat champions in that event .
I think people that assumed drugs are judgmental ninkompoops that refuse to see the whole picture.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci