Jerick McKinnon Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Re: Jerick Mckinnon

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:15 pm He is on IR and not IR designated for return correct?
It was my understanding that the NFL got rid of IR designated for return. IR is IR, and basically EVERYONE on IR is eligible to return, but the team can only activate so many per year (1-2?). I could be wrong, though, as this is all out of my memory. Anyone care to look this up?
Per this article the team does have to still designate up to 2 players per year when they place them on IR.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... an-rosters

"When it comes to injured reserve (IR), two players per season can be designated to return from IR after eight weeks."
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am

Yeah according to Jene Bramel - McKinnon is on IR ineligible to return. Same with Crowell, Anderson, Miller & Hakeem Butler. Whereas Bryce Love is eligible and so are Harry & Riddick.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:59 am

Fezzik wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:35 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 am
Fezzik wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:58 am Love the outcome bias in this thread.

Did everyone who is done with Keenan Allen sell him after he tore his ACL? Cuz that injury prone dude finished WR 4 and WR 11 in 2017 and 2018 after missing essentially all of 2016.
Yea but KA actually had good years before 1 ACL injury. To call a guy injury prone for the internal (kidney? Spleen?) injury and an ACL is naive...

To compare a guy who has never been good as a lead back and now has multiple injuries to a guy who was already a solid WR, is also naive
That's the point - calling McKinnon injury prone for the various things that nicked him up before the ACL injury is silly. It wasn't his fault the ACL surgery didn't work, or that he's out again.

And I certainly didn't compare them as players, I merely pointed out it's very possible to compete and perform at a very high level after an ACL tear. Obviously McKinnon isn't in his league as a player, they just had the same injury, and one seems like a perennial top performer and the other is going back under the knife (I believe). Drawing conclusions based off of this injury is silly
I think the main difference is KA had a very promising start to his career and had job security with a solid contract with the chargers. McKinnon has never been more than a 3rd down back and is now likely on his way out with the 49ers playing a position that falls off the radar nearly instantly. For instance where is Jay Ajayi? Even if McKinnon comes back to full health he is likely not going to be playing for the 49ers which was practically the entire reason for his allure. I've been a McKinnon backer this offseason thinking he would still dominate the targets in this offense which could provide great value, now I want nothing to do with him because I have a really hard time imagining him ever rising to prominence with another team after missing 2 full seasons entering his age 28 season in 2020.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:59 am

Titans95 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:59 am
Fezzik wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:35 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 am

Yea but KA actually had good years before 1 ACL injury. To call a guy injury prone for the internal (kidney? Spleen?) injury and an ACL is naive...

To compare a guy who has never been good as a lead back and now has multiple injuries to a guy who was already a solid WR, is also naive
That's the point - calling McKinnon injury prone for the various things that nicked him up before the ACL injury is silly. It wasn't his fault the ACL surgery didn't work, or that he's out again.

And I certainly didn't compare them as players, I merely pointed out it's very possible to compete and perform at a very high level after an ACL tear. Obviously McKinnon isn't in his league as a player, they just had the same injury, and one seems like a perennial top performer and the other is going back under the knife (I believe). Drawing conclusions based off of this injury is silly
I think the main difference is KA had a very promising start to his career and had job security with a solid contract with the chargers. McKinnon has never been more than a 3rd down back and is now likely on his way out with the 49ers playing a position that falls off the radar nearly instantly. For instance where is Jay Ajayi? Even if McKinnon comes back to full health he is likely not going to be playing for the 49ers which was practically the entire reason for his allure. I've been a McKinnon backer this offseason thinking he would still dominate the targets in this offense which could provide great value, now I want nothing to do with him because I have a really hard time imagining him ever rising to prominence with another team after missing 2 full seasons entering his age 28 season in 2020.
Agree on every point. I bought tons of McKinnon this offseason so I have every reason to try and be optimistic but he's little more than a last round flier at this point.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am Yeah according to Jene Bramel - McKinnon is on IR ineligible to return. Same with Crowell, Anderson, Miller & Hakeem Butler. Whereas Bryce Love is eligible and so are Harry & Riddick.
So how does this work exactly? I thought they got rid of the whole eligible/ineligible to retrun stuff this year and it was all just the same IR list?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 pm
ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am Yeah according to Jene Bramel - McKinnon is on IR ineligible to return. Same with Crowell, Anderson, Miller & Hakeem Butler. Whereas Bryce Love is eligible and so are Harry & Riddick.
So how does this work exactly? I thought they got rid of the whole eligible/ineligible to retrun stuff this year and it was all just the same IR list?
If a player is put on IR BEFORE the cut down to 53 they must stay there all year, if they are placed on IR after the cut down to 53 {i.e. they were on the 53 man roster and then placed on IR}, they can later be designated as a return player within the limits of the number of players allowed to return from IR

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Yeah it can be confusing because some teams will wait on guys even if they are injured before the cut down - because like BlackOmega says - it depends on when you get put on IR. Obviously if a team feels there is a good chance the player CAN return AND make an impact, then he'll be in consideration for IR-Return, but if it is a severe injury with no chance of return, or it is a player they were not looking at as a key contributor then they wont be.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerrick McKinnon

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:06 am

Thread from the dead.
Is McKinnon the cuff to own in KC? Seemingly fully healthy for the first time in years. If CEH were to go down...could McKinnon finally get his chance (provided he stays healthy) in a high flying offense? Or is it still Darrell Williams? Might be worth keeping an eye on the highly debatable McKinnon again.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:30 am

I'd 100% rather cuff Darrel Williams. I have no confidence McKinnon can hold up.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:30 am I'd 100% rather cuff Darrel Williams. I have no confidence McKinnon can hold up.
x2

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:21 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:14 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:30 am I'd 100% rather cuff Darrel Williams. I have no confidence McKinnon can hold up.
x2
x3 and I have done this in one league.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:56 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:06 am Thread from the dead.
Is McKinnon the cuff to own in KC? Seemingly fully healthy for the first time in years. If CEH were to go down...could McKinnon finally get his chance (provided he stays healthy) in a high flying offense? Or is it still Darrell Williams? Might be worth keeping an eye on the highly debatable McKinnon again.
Ah ha found the culprit behind CEHs ankle strain. :lol:

Well we saw this week that they are making an effort to incorporate McKinnon - but up to every owner to determine if they feel he is worth stashing. Think obviously hes a better redraft bet than dynasty value at this point.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:18 pm

"tired legs" anyone?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jerick McKinnon Thread

Postby Plank » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:38 pm

Think we've seen enough ...
@PlankMelody

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerick McKinnon Thread