Browns making some big moves

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Browns making some big moves

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Is Njoku a good buy low right now?

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 am The bust rate is so high on QBs, that I will be surprised if they take a QB at 1.01. Way to risky to pass Barkley and expect him to be there at 1.04. He’s one of the safest picks that you can make and they need a RB, Duke Johnson is just a 3rd down back, imo. They can still get a QB at 1.04, if they want.
Yes, but the bust rate of #1 overall QBs is far less. And the potential reward is 15+ years of production, and the franchise stability that comes with it. This is what the Browns truly seek.
The standard is the standard.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:50 pm

But when there is no clear #1 QB, does it really matter which one gets taken 1st overall?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:02 pm I would say this pretty much guarantees they take Barkley at 1.
Disagree. I think they are just as likely to take a QB in the first as they were yesterday. And if they have one QB they like over the rest, they take him at 1. We'll see though.
Disagree. Why trade the 65th overall pick if you are taking a QB at 1? Why waste the draft capital? I honestly think this points to them not being sold on ANY of the QB's this year. I would not be surprised to see Barkley 1, and a NON QB at 4, or trading back with a QB needy team. The could have just signed a free agent to slot in at QB while a rookie red shirted. Dorsey does not have to take a QB right away. If he swings and misses, he's already got 1 foot out the door. If you miss with a QB at 1, your days as a GM could be numbered. He just got there and has a ton of work to do. If he's not sold on anyone, he can wait, put a better team on the field for a QB he believes in to play with when he finds him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:05 pm

I stan for Barkley in Cleveland. Barkley, Duke, Gordon, Coleman, Njoku = Landry wide open (even if it's a 8 yards catch lol)

I want a different QB (even if Taylor could be a good short and intermediary throws guy) and finally everything could work well for Juice.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re:

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:03 pmDisagree. Why trade the 65th overall pick if you are taking a QB at 1? Why waste the draft capital? I honestly think this points to them not being sold on ANY of the QB's this year. I would not be surprised to see Barkley 1, and a NON QB at 4, or trading back with a QB needy team. The could have just signed a free agent to slot in at QB while a rookie red shirted. Dorsey does not have to take a QB right away. If he swings and misses, he's already got 1 foot out the door. If you miss with a QB at 1, your days as a GM could be numbered. He just got there and has a ton of work to do. If he's not sold on anyone, he can wait, put a better team on the field for a QB he believes in to play with when he finds him.
I think FF hit the nail on the head here. There was even a report about a week ago that the Browns do not love any of the "top quarterbacks" in this draft. I would be shocked to see them draft a QB at 1 or 4.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Could see Lamar Jackson, let him sit behind another running qb and see what works and what doesnt

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Let's not forget - if the Browns do not love the top guys this year, they will certainly have a fairly high pick next year.

Snidely1Whiplash
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Snidely1Whiplash » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:37 pm

They HAVE to take a qb at #1 or #4 in my opinion. Taylor is a bridge that can get them to 5-7 wins but he is in no way the long term answer.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:17 pm Let's not forget - if the Browns do not love the top guys this year, they will certainly have a fairly high pick next year.
The Browns were better than 0-16 this year from the feel of many of their games. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 5 or 6 games this year with the moves they've made and the talented rookies they should be adding.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

adammc44
Starter
Starter

Postby adammc44 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:44 pm

I think they try real hard to trade out of that number 1 unless they absolutely love a qb or barkely. I'd say it's more likely they take barkley than a qb, everything about the moneyball approach seems to suggest they're not likely to take a qb or really and truthfully barkley. I think they are hoping there's a team willing to pay up for the 1.01 and a qb they love then they can take another qb, best value or if they are lucky barkley at 1.04 (heck they could always move back up for barkley if that's who they really want).
The Man with the Golden Gloves (14 teams, 6 pt all tds, no ppr, 18+3 rookie taxi squad spots (up to 2 years))
start: 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te no flex, d, k
QB: Cousins, Darnold
RB: David Johnson, A Jones, D Freeman, Gio, Hyde, Malcom Brown
WR: Adam Thielen, C Godwin, T Williams, J Landry, A Miller
TE: Waller, Herndon
Taxi: P Williams, Jonnu Smith, Gesicki
IR: Crowell

Dr. Trades
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dr. Trades » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:15 pm

ebsteelers wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:47 am 1) bradley chubb
1.04) fitzpatrick
round 2 pick 33 ) lamar jackson
round 2 pick 35) nick chubb
round 2 pick 64) best linemen or defense

then win super bowl... if you have a great d you can win with taylor, just look at the eagles and foles this year.
This is great. (Not so sure Lamar drops to round 2, but it's possible.)

I am getting a weird sense of enjoyment with all the hypothetical rebuilds of the Brownies. Even as a Steelers fan, I'm pulling for them...
League 1: 12 Team League (0.5 ppr WR/RB, 0.75 TE)
QB: Dak, Rodgers, Jimmy G
RB: Henry, Mixon, Swift, AJ Dillon, Jamaal Williams, TDP, Zamir White, Dontrell Hilliard, Hassan Haskins, Joshua Kelley, Chris Evans, Jaylen Warren
WR: JJefferson, AJ Brown, Deebo, DJ Moore, Keenan Allan, Russell Gage, George Pickens, Isaiah McKenzie, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Dalton Schultz, Logan Thomas, Daniel Bellinger
D/St: 49ers, Cowboys

League 2: 12 team (28 roster spots) Superflex/TE premium (qb 4pts per TD, all others 6pts per TD, WR/RB 0.1 ppc and 0.75ppr, TE 1.5 ppr)
QB: Rodgers, Stafford, T. Lawrence
RB: javonte, ETN, Eli Mitchell, AJ Dillon, Michael Carter, TDP, Marlon Mack, Jaylen Warren, Darrel Williams, Kene Nguwanu, Trey Sermon
WR: J. Chase, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, KJ Hamler, Calvin Austin 3, Danny Gray, Erik Ezukanma
TE: Schultz, Fant, Evan Engram, Jelani Woods, Noah Gray, Durham Smythe, Josiah Deguara, Brycen Hopkins

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Defender wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:27 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 am The bust rate is so high on QBs, that I will be surprised if they take a QB at 1.01. Way to risky to pass Barkley and expect him to be there at 1.04. He’s one of the safest picks that you can make and they need a RB, Duke Johnson is just a 3rd down back, imo. They can still get a QB at 1.04, if they want.
Yes, but the bust rate of #1 overall QBs is far less. And the potential reward is 15+ years of production, and the franchise stability that comes with it. This is what the Browns truly seek.
That’s a good point. I guess my other thing is, with Dorsey now the GM, I think he might play this safe and just take Barkley, especially after trading for Tyrod, but either way, the Browns are making some good moves and it would take a lot to screw this up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Snidely1Whiplash wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:37 pm They HAVE to take a qb at #1 or #4 in my opinion. Taylor is a bridge that can get them to 5-7 wins but he is in no way the long term answer.
This is how bad teams stay bad. So if they feel none of the top QB's are worth taking at 1, they should take one anyway, and pass on a generational prospect in Barkley? 5-7 wins would be fantastic for the Browns this year. They can wait on a QB a year or two. Dorsey has so much work to do with the rest of the roster, it's going to take years to get to where he wants. I honestly don't blame them for not taking a QB if they don't. I don't think any of them are going to be that special.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 am

With what they've done, it makes 100% perfect sense to take Barkely at #1, a QB at #4 and let sit behind Tyrod a year

But.... This is the Browns. They'll take DE Chubb at #1 and trade away the #4 for a handful of 2nds for all I know

Another acceptable option would be Barkley at #1, Chubb at 4 or trade away #4 for value. Ride Tyrod this year and draft a QB early next year. Browns have all the pieces and potential to turn it around and be good or at least 500ish.... But I'm so expecting them to fail at it
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol