bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Landry tagged

Postby bsp27 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:40 am
benpickering44 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:02 am
cornhole2412 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am

Numbers can be deceiving. Would the nearly 60 more targets have anything to do with that disparity? Also YPC doesn't give an accurate representation of how valuable a player is to his team. Give me the guy catching 100+ balls and picking up 60 first downs, over the guy running 9 routes on 70% of his snaps, and inflating the YPC disparity against the guy who caught over TWICE as many passes. Keep the analytics in baseball. Eye test is huge in football, and if you ran a poll here, 99% of forum goers are taking Landry in fantasy and real life
there is a large difference between yards per target and yards per catch. I never used yards per catch in any of my arguments.

yet even more statistical evidence proving Jarvis Landry is criminally overrated. he literally picks up a first down on 15% of his third down receptions.

But i guess this is irrelevant because your subjective and biased 'eye test' keeps telling you that Jarvis Landry is good.

And saying 'keep the analytics in baseball' I'll have you know that the Eagles won the super bowl by embracing analytics. https://thepowerrank.com/2018/02/13/phi ... uper-bowl/
Where did you pull that 3rd down stat from, because it's pretty blatantly wrong? He made the necessary yards on 17 of the 37 times he was targetted on third down. You can look this up by quickly glossing over his receiving plays in PFR.

As for YPT, it's better than YPR, but it's still not something you can use as the sole determinant of who the better receiver is. Otherwise, you're arguing that Jakeem Grant was the best receiver on the team.
this is my source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-aixbrOLJg

i'd like to see where on PFR you can see that.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:37 am

hjernazian wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:46 am Question - I own Corey Davis and Landry and am absolutely TERRIFIED at the prospect of him being traded to the Titans... although Landry is a slot WR by nature and Corey an outside: best case scenario they have a competent QB but one that can unlikely support the fantasy stock of both. My MFL has been blowing up for offers for C. Davis for months, the most recent of which was Joe Mixon and Njoku for C. Davis.

I know we can't go off rumors, but what to do I do? Pray they don't trade him to TEN and hang on to C. Davis, or overpay by my calculations a Njoku (Mixon = Davis presumption)? As always, thanks in advance.
With few exceptions, I’d take Mixon and Njoku for Davis in any senario.
The standard is the standard.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:00 am

Defender wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:37 am
hjernazian wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:46 am Question - I own Corey Davis and Landry and am absolutely TERRIFIED at the prospect of him being traded to the Titans... although Landry is a slot WR by nature and Corey an outside: best case scenario they have a competent QB but one that can unlikely support the fantasy stock of both. My MFL has been blowing up for offers for C. Davis for months, the most recent of which was Joe Mixon and Njoku for C. Davis.

I know we can't go off rumors, but what to do I do? Pray they don't trade him to TEN and hang on to C. Davis, or overpay by my calculations a Njoku (Mixon = Davis presumption)? As always, thanks in advance.
x2

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:59 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... assessment

Anti-Landy owners will probably be pleased at Bucky Brooks take on Landry. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:13 pm

benpickering44 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 am
ericanadian wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:40 am

there is a large difference between yards per target and yards per catch. I never used yards per catch in any of my arguments.

yet even more statistical evidence proving Jarvis Landry is criminally overrated. he literally picks up a first down on 15% of his third down receptions.

But i guess this is irrelevant because your subjective and biased 'eye test' keeps telling you that Jarvis Landry is good.

And saying 'keep the analytics in baseball' I'll have you know that the Eagles won the super bowl by embracing analytics. https://thepowerrank.com/2018/02/13/phi ... uper-bowl/
Where did you pull that 3rd down stat from, because it's pretty blatantly wrong? He made the necessary yards on 17 of the 37 times he was targetted on third down. You can look this up by quickly glossing over his receiving plays in PFR.

As for YPT, it's better than YPR, but it's still not something you can use as the sole determinant of who the better receiver is. Otherwise, you're arguing that Jakeem Grant was the best receiver on the team.
this is my source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-aixbrOLJg

i'd like to see where on PFR you can see that.
You just look at the receiving plays, sort it by third down and see how many made more yards than the necessary yards to first down. I'm not sure what he's measuring to be honest, but it doesn't really even make logical sense that a guy would have a significantly lower conversion rate on 3rd down than on 1st down.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... lays/2017/
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 am

benpickering44 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm
a 4 year deal worth $32 million with $19 million guarantees is not easy to bail out of.

Jarvis Landry had a +2.7 production premium (#45) with 6.1 YPT (#88) while Kenny Stills had a +14.0 (#19) production premium with 8.1 YPT (#38)

Not to mention Stills had a slightly higher yards of separation when targeted.

Stills is clearly the more efficient player, fantasy points don't define the skill of a player.
Numbers can be deceiving. Would the nearly 60 more targets have anything to do with that disparity? Also YPC doesn't give an accurate representation of how valuable a player is to his team. Give me the guy catching 100+ balls and picking up 60 first downs, over the guy running 9 routes on 70% of his snaps, and inflating the YPC disparity against the guy who caught over TWICE as many passes. Keep the analytics in baseball. Eye test is huge in football, and if you ran a poll here, 99% of forum goers are taking Landry in fantasy and real life

Wow. Benpickering, There are different ways to go about this fantasy / dynasty hobby. Your takes and comments are a true testament to that.

If you don't currently possess the knowledge of the game to understand that "YOU" can watch the game, actually WATCH the game to see if a player / any player in his role - has "it". Then, I'm not sure why you play the game of fantasy, other than to gamble.

If you think that the "reason" the Eagles won the super bowl was a primary emphasis on analyitics, rather than preparation, hard work, good coaching, and a balanced overall team, then, I'm sure my response is falling on deaf ears so to speak.

Needless to say, your take on what to take - or how much to take from statistical analysis, is just wrong. Like many have said, the "eye test" is primary then - for more detail, one should / could look into statistical comparisons. And, worth mentioning, if you insist n analysis of stats, be sure that all variables are the same in order to get valid results.

peace.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 pm

panthers just cleared 6MM more cap space and I think they are about 15-20 MM under already is it for landry ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:48 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 am

Wow. Benpickering, There are different ways to go about this fantasy / dynasty hobby. Your takes and comments are a true testament to that.

If you don't currently possess the knowledge of the game to understand that "YOU" can watch the game, actually WATCH the game to see if a player / any player in his role - has "it". Then, I'm not sure why you play the game of fantasy, other than to gamble.

If you think that the "reason" the Eagles won the super bowl was a primary emphasis on analyitics, rather than preparation, hard work, good coaching, and a balanced overall team, then, I'm sure my response is falling on deaf ears so to speak.

Needless to say, your take on what to take - or how much to take from statistical analysis, is just wrong. Like many have said, the "eye test" is primary then - for more detail, one should / could look into statistical comparisons. And, worth mentioning, if you insist n analysis of stats, be sure that all variables are the same in order to get valid results.

peace.
Could you please tell me what "it" is?

I guess I'll just have to respectfully disagree with your take on statistical analysis. I choose to focus my analysis on things I can measure. Measurability makes something a lot easier to understand, and that is a fact.

If you watch someone run a 40 yard dash, do you think watching the person run allows for better understanding of that players speed than the stopwatch time does?
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:59 pm

comparing a top 5 slot receiver in the game to kenny stills (who plays a VERY different game as a WR than Landry does) is silly. end that conversation there
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 pm panthers just cleared 6MM more cap space and I think they are about 15-20 MM under already is it for landry ?
Makes sense to me.

Although Cam & Landry would be a bad fit.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 am

Defender wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:37 am

Sorry, I misspoke. I would too, but the trade is C. Davis and Njoku for Corey Davis (my side). He wants Davis and Njoku for Mixon.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:05 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 pm panthers just cleared 6MM more cap space and I think they are about 15-20 MM under already is it for landry ?
Makes sense to me.

Although Cam & Landry would be a bad fit.
They could also conceivably clear more- there are FAs who'd be an upgrade on JStew.

What makes Landry a poor for Cam? What kind of WR matches his skill set?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:51 am

Cam is a very poor short to intermediate passer, he just is not very accurate. There is a reason that the team was investing in big receivers like Benjamin & Funchess, which is try to accommodate his often errant throws. With Landry being a volume chain mover, Cam would need improved accuracy to use Landry efficiently.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:01 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:51 am Cam is a very poor short to intermediate passer, he just is not very accurate. There is a reason that the team was investing in big receivers like Benjamin & Funchess, which is try to accommodate his often errant throws. With Landry being a volume chain mover, Cam would need improved accuracy to use Landry efficiently.
Really? I don’t think Olsen owners feel that way at all.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:15 am

Greg Olsen is also 6 inches taller than Landry, not even mentioning the weight difference.

Like I said, he needs big targets due to accuracy issues. Same reason guys like Evans & Brate make Winston look good. Bigger guys are a way to counter accuracy issues.