Devante Parker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Devante Parker

Postby Meretc01 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:12 am

I was just watching devante Parker highlights and I'm thinking to myself.. why isn't this guy the focal point of the passing offense? Tested well at the combine.. proven to be able to play vs high level corner backs.. and he's made a number of highlight catches some that were for TDs and some that were called back... for the past 2 years I've heard this is the breakout year for Parker and yet I'm thinking otherwise and I don't understand it.. when I watch him play I think he's a complete stud.. if he was on the Colts, packers, or he was on new Orleans instead of Thomas he would be a top 10 dynasty asset..

I wanna know why people don't like him..
Availability?
Poor execution?
Quarterback?
Scheme?
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

A-train
Starter
Starter

Re: Devante Parker

Postby A-train » Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 am

He hasn't taken care of himself and has had nagging injuries. Not a fan of his quarterback either. I like him but I moved him and 1.12 for Doctson and 1.06 just recently. Sounds like this could be his year though from reports that he finally has learned how to be a pro.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:46 am

A-train wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 am He hasn't taken care of himself and has had nagging injuries. Not a fan of his quarterback either. I like him but I moved him and 1.12 for Doctson and 1.06 just recently. Sounds like this could be his year though from reports that he finally has learned how to be a pro.
learning how to be a pro has been his problem. Never lacking in big-time talent. I'm hoping early reports are true that he has changed his preparation approach for the better. Tannehill taking another step forward in his development would help too.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 pm

AzTheCrow wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:46 am
A-train wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 am He hasn't taken care of himself and has had nagging injuries. Not a fan of his quarterback either. I like him but I moved him and 1.12 for Doctson and 1.06 just recently. Sounds like this could be his year though from reports that he finally has learned how to be a pro.
learning how to be a pro has been his problem. Never lacking in big-time talent. I'm hoping early reports are true that he has changed his preparation approach for the better. Tannehill taking another step forward in his development would help too.
Yeah I've been reading that's he's finally following a dietary regiment and a specific workout routine that the team members have laid out for him. I've also read that he's much more punctual to team activities (something that garnered him some heat from the team in the past) and is much more serious about studying the game and the WR position. Could all just be fluff, but that's what I've read.

If you take the puff statements of the OC to heart, Tannehill is going to break the yardage and TD season records, and the Dolphins offense will put the Pats offense to shame. LOL. So far he's said that Julius will score 10-12 TDs, Ajayi will see 350 carries plus have more usage in the passing game, Landry's targets and production won't dip st all, and Parker is going to dominate this year and double his production from last year (which would make him a 1500 yard WR). He said something about Stills too, but I don't remember the specifics.

All kidding aside, if the reports are true about Parker, I think he has some serious upside and room to improve this year. What did he have, like 700-750 yards last year? I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities that he becomes the true WR1 for the Dolphins this year and puts up 1150/8-10 TDs.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:02 pm

just did a price check for him in my league and the guy wanted a late 1st, hard pass
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon May 29, 2017 1:09 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:02 pm just did a price check for him in my league and the guy wanted a late 1st, hard pass
I may be biased as an owner, but I mean, who are you going to get in that range that is "better" than Parker? Ross? Kamara? dude, I'd roll with Parker and be happy it only cost me a late 1st.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:18 pm

GLSmk wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:09 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:02 pm just did a price check for him in my league and the guy wanted a late 1st, hard pass
I may be biased as an owner, but I mean, who are you going to get in that range that is "better" than Parker? Ross? Kamara? dude, I'd roll with Parker and be happy it only cost me a late 1st.
team is in my sig, he wouldn't be more than a WR3 for me and he means for next year (we're currently doing our draft right now and it's round 5) I took Njoku with the 2.02 and it's TE premium league, rather have him than Parker by far
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:22 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 pm
AzTheCrow wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:46 am
Yeah I've been reading that's he's finally following a dietary regiment and a specific workout routine that the team members have laid out for him. I've also read that he's much more punctual to team activities (something that garnered him some heat from the team in the past) and is much more serious about studying the game and the WR position. Could all just be fluff, but that's what I've read.

If you take the puff statements of the OC to heart, Tannehill is going to break the yardage and TD season records, and the Dolphins offense will put the Pats offense to shame. LOL. So far he's said that Julius will score 10-12 TDs, Ajayi will see 350 carries plus have more usage in the passing game, Landry's targets and production won't dip st all, and Parker is going to dominate this year and double his production from last year (which would make him a 1500 yard WR). He said something about Stills too, but I don't remember the specifics.

All kidding aside, if the reports are true about Parker, I think he has some serious upside and room to improve this year. What did he have, like 700-750 yards last year? I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities that he becomes the true WR1 for the Dolphins this year and puts up 1150/8-10 TDs.
Yeah I looked on his twitter account just to see if anything popped up and I saw something about "things are gonna change" and 2 emojis about sleeping and flexing.. it could mean anything but with OTAs starting it looks like to me that he's attacking this off season...

As far as tannehill.. I don't think he's talented enough yo become their future... he's a good game manager though

Stills.. does anyone know if his contract is ironclad? Can they get out of it like Mike glennon's deal ?
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon May 29, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm not even that high on Parker and I wouldn't sell him for that. Actually I'd be more than happy to buy for that. Who am I getting with a late 1st? Ross, Kamara, Hunt, or a TE that will probably take a couple years to develop? I'd much rather roll with Parker.
Ben

Luck/Cousins
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:33 pm
I'm not even that high on Parker and I wouldn't sell him for that. Actually I'd be more than happy to buy for that. Who am I getting with a late 1st? Ross, Kamara, Hunt, or a TE that will probably take a couple years to develop? I'd much rather roll with Parker.
probably should've clarified, an '18 1st, but Parker isn't gonna be more than a WR3/FLEX for me, not gonna pay a 1st for that when I could just use the first to draft that next year

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon May 29, 2017 1:42 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm
probably should've clarified, an '18 1st, but Parker isn't gonna be more than a WR3/FLEX for me, not gonna pay a 1st for that when I could just use the first to draft that next year
Fair enough. I'm no Parker truther, so I'm definitely not trying to sell anybody on him. Though I will say that I wouldn't be totally shocked if he ended up having a better season than DT/Alshon. Not that I'm projecting that to happen, I just wouldn't be that surprised by it.
Ben

Luck/Cousins
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Ok, but what did you think he was going to cost? That's a fairly reasonable price for Parker, why did you inquire if u have no interest in him?

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Ok, but what did you think he was going to cost? That's a fairly reasonable price for Parker, why did you inquire if u have no interest in him?
wasn't looking to buy him straight up with picks, was just curious what he would be worth to the guy who had him since he traded Tyreek for Parker and a 2nd earlier this offseason, and again, that might be reasonable for most people but I'm not hurting for depth at WR so I don't see any reason to pay up that much for a guy who hasn't had more than 750-4 in the past two seasons, I think he has some upside but it's not like I'm buying a WR1

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon May 29, 2017 2:43 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 pm

wasn't looking to buy him straight up with picks, was just curious what he would be worth to the guy who had him since he traded Tyreek for Parker and a 2nd earlier this offseason, and again, that might be reasonable for most people but I'm not hurting for depth at WR so I don't see any reason to pay up that much for a guy who hasn't had more than 750-4 in the past two seasons, I think he has some upside but it's not like I'm buying a WR1
Well of course you're not buying a WR1. Do you think anybody is selling a 24yo WR1 for a single late 1st? If Parker isn't "your guy" then that's fine, but in general don't be confined to judging what a player is based on what he did in only 2 seasons in the league. You have to project forward, that's how you end up with studs without having to pay an arm and a leg for them. Again, this is a general dynasty statement, not a specific Parker statement. I just found it odd when you stated that "it's not like I'm buying a WR1" when discussing a 24 WR and a late 1st round rookie pick price, as if you'd expect to be buying a WR1 for a single late 1st.
Ben

Luck/Cousins
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon May 29, 2017 2:45 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:43 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Well of course you're not buying a WR1. Do you think anybody is selling a 24yo WR1 for a single late 1st? If Parker isn't "your guy" then that's fine, but in general don't be confined to judging what a player is based on what he did in only 2 seasons in the league. You have to project forward, that's how you end up with studs without having to pay an arm and a leg for them. Again, this is a general dynasty statement, not a specific Parker statement. I just found it odd when you stated that "it's not like I'm buying a WR1" when discussing a 24 WR and a late 1st round rookie pick price, as if you'd expect to be buying a WR1 for a single late 1st.
nah, was just hyperbole