2017 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:09 pm

No mention of Alvin Kamara in this report.

And here's a couple of gems:
The High-Priced Misfits

Dalvin Cook

Completely unremarkable and over-hyped in every way imaginable. Relies on good blocking, has a hard time creating on his own. It’s been said that his tape is “amazing” but I didn’t see that at all. Months ago, before the combine, I watched 4 games of his and wrote literally nothing down because there was nothing to write about. He’s completely average and underwhelming. He does have enough speed to take advantage of good blocking and punish poor angles of pursuit by the defense, but that will only get you so far in the NFL. The Melvin Gordon of this draft class. Does that mean he won’t produce or won’t be valuable? Not all all. Highly drafted RB’s will be given every opportunity to succeed, the aforementioned inefficient Melvin Gordon being a prime example of this.

Best Comp – Tevin Coleman

Christian McCaffery

Hesitant between the tackles when there is traffic, runs with little power. Good player in space. Ok, I’m just going to stop here because [Hot Take Incoming!] I’m not even convinced he’ll be a RB in the NFL. How many times have we heard “I think CMC was the best WR at the combine!” And you know what, maybe he was. Maybe he’s a WR. I don’t pay much attention to the bench press, but there does seem to be some minimum level of core strength that you need to have in order to be a successful RB in the NFL. I won’t go into all the details, but I will say this. CMC put up a laughably bad 10 bench reps at the combine. Out of a list of 370 players, CMC did worse than everyone except Trey Watts and Donnel Pumphrey. CMC is in the 0th percentile for bench press. For reference, the 13 bench rep mark is the first time you see an actual real live productive NFL RB appear. I can envision a scenario in which CMC is not even labeled as a RB in a few years. Bottom line is, I’m not even sure CMC is a RB so he’s essentially out of my jurisdiction.

Best Comp – Taiwan Jones
Keep up the great work!

:clap:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Your total lack of awareness is astounding.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Trolls gonna troll

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:31 pm

I actually think the Cook one is somewhat spot on, so not sure if that was sarcasm above or not. The CMC looks to be inaccurate in a couple ways, but he mainly has been more successful as a receiver. Though, he did just put up close to 200 on the ground 2 weeks ago.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:37 pm

I don’t get how one can watch Cook’s college tape and not be impressed, but DD’s take on CMC was pretty spot on IMO. And shoot, even making fun of him for not singing Cook’s praises seems a little weird given the start to Cook’s season as a runner.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:01 am

Friction wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:31 pm I actually think the Cook one is somewhat spot on, so not sure if that was sarcasm above or not. The CMC looks to be inaccurate in a couple ways, but he mainly has been more successful as a receiver. Though, he did just put up close to 200 on the ground 2 weeks ago.
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:37 pm I don’t get how one can watch Cook’s college tape and not be impressed, but DD’s take on CMC was pretty spot on IMO. And shoot, even making fun of him for not singing Cook’s praises seems a little weird given the start to Cook’s season as a runner.
Two consecutive posts saying the opposite things by users who have obviously put in a great deal of time in fantasy, even if judging solely off their join date and post counts. This is not a perfect science as has already been stated. No one can perfectly predict RB success and I'd take it further saying no one can even somewhat accurately predict a classes' success yearly.
Those making fun should put something together and show off their extensive knowledge of predictions. Much easier to complain than put in time and effort.
Also, no offense to DD and his report he generously creates, but any savvy dynasty owner will gather data from many sources and make a decision based on that. :shh:
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 am

I've been critical of DD's RB appraisals as much as anybody, but I still like his call on Cook. I saw several interviews with this kid, and I just can't stand him. His personality screams "I rely on my talent". He doesn't come across as the guy who will work on his skills and improve. He's awesome now, but I think he'll have a linear decline in the long term, rather than any uptick into greatness like Gurley or Zeke.

That McCaff call is silly tho. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:23 am

Everyone talking about Cook and CMC, and here I am just waiting for Foreman to come out of his coma.....
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:23 am Everyone talking about Cook and CMC, and here I am just waiting for Foreman to come out of his coma.....
Would be the first running back to ever return to production after an Achilles. Granted the sample size of 'good' backs isn't massive. Players at other positions have returned from Achilles injuries to be effective

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:10 am

knut45 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am
Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:23 am Everyone talking about Cook and CMC, and here I am just waiting for Foreman to come out of his coma.....
Would be the first running back to ever return to production after an Achilles. Granted the sample size of 'good' backs isn't massive. Players at other positions have returned from Achilles injuries to be effective

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:06 am

MEuRaH wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 am I've been critical of DD's RB appraisals as much as anybody, but I still like his call on Cook. I saw several interviews with this kid, and I just can't stand him. His personality screams "I rely on my talent". He doesn't come across as the guy who will work on his skills and improve. He's awesome now, but I think he'll have a linear decline in the long term, rather than any uptick into greatness like Gurley or Zeke.

That McCaff call is silly tho. :P
I think the CMC writeup is still spot on. He has 1 game of 20+ carries so far in his career, but he's essentially the Panthers WR1. Now, if he starts having more games like he did against Cincy, then the outlook completely changes. But, for now he still looks like primarily a pass-catching RB.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

Yep, agree with the McCaffrey take. He is basically a wr lining up in the back field. One solid game as a runner so far doesnt justify anything different. Agree with Giles. He puts those numbers up consistently the rest of the year, right on, the narrative seems to be changing.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 am

This is funny because literally just an hour after this post, Foreman has finally shown signs of life lol. Granted it's a very small update, but nonetheless I feel like this is the first update I've heard about him since preseason if not earlier.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/sta ... 7311629314
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:40 am

Yep, and it sounds like he's ready to return in Week 7. With the way Miller has been playing, and Alfred Blue being Alfred Blue, I wouldn't be shocked to see Foreman take over this backfield by season's end. Hopefully his surgical outcome was solid, and he can upgrade Houston's running game.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:42 am

Miller is meh, and we saw Alfred Blue is who he has been for the last few years, meh.

This job is Foreman's to take IF IF he's healthy.