Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mtux96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Flush Gordon

Postby mtux96 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 am

Hjorimir wrote:Yes, he totally needs to work on his YAC, but I think *some* of that comes down to QB play. Hitting a WR in stride helps quite a bit and it seemed that Little was making a lot of his catches at a stand still.

Over the last 5 games of the 2012 season (roughly a third of the season), Little accounted for 23/293/2. If you extrapolate, that's 74/938/6.4, which puts him at about 206 fantasy points (standard PPR scoring). That's low-end WR2 or high-end WR3. If he builds upon that performance just a little (now under OC Turner), he's got WR2 potential written all over him. Given his current perceived value in fantasy circles, Little seems like a great buy target.
It could be QB play, or it might just be Little. I saw a few plays where the rookie Benjamin just snagged passes from Weeden right out of the air and kept running. But maybe it could just be a combination of the two as I do see Little pause a bit even after he made the catch to decide which closed hole to go through.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm also a Gordan owner, & still hold in high regards. It's July/August we crave any news we can get. But if someone offered me Fitz & a 1st, I'd send him packing with the quickness. My goodness that's a lot to give for him.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Dingram wrote:I'm also a Gordan owner, & still hold in high regards. It's July/August we crave any news we can get. But if someone offered me Fitz & a 1st, I'd send him packing with the quickness. My goodness that's a lot to give for him.
Except he paid Fitz for Gordon and a first, not Fitz and a first for Gordon.

Still, as others have said, I'll take Fitz.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:53 pm

It wasn't too long ago that Fitz had no quarterback, a horrible offensive line, and a head coach that didn't know how to get him the ball. Gordon was a young upstart with loads of potential and the 2014 1st was my ticket to a "better" class of rookies. Now that I have my hindsight goggles on, I wish I'd never let go of Fitz. At the time, I had Nicks, Harvin, and Calvin starting, Tavon waiting in the wings, plus Alshon and Broyles on deck. Thought I could get younger at WR and capitalize on next year's rookie class with multiple first rounders. Boy how things change. Now Percy is out. Nicks is not practicing. Tavon Austin's role is questionable and I'm just waiting to hear the news that Calvin is out for the year...In other words, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have made the deal my friends.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 pm

It's still too early to be playing the regret game, nothing has even happened yet. I just don't think Gordon was a good guy to buy in on if it took this quick for you to sour on him, he was already a risky trade guy to target anyway with the year suspension over his head so if you aren't the gambling type or the type to seek out upside, you should have gotten more back in return. Me personally, but I would probably want to see some regular season games play out first before kicking myself over a trade.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Have you tried to sell Fitz recently? Sometimes I wonder if Fitz has 1400/10 and Gordon has another 800/5 if Gordon won't still gain in value compared to Fitz.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:17 pm

I think it's far too early to regret the trade. Gordon is a special talent. I remember watching him play in the first preseason game last year against the Eagles' #1s and making plays immediately. He was 21 at the time and had been away from football for over a year. I have read reports from more than one writer observing the Browns' camp that he has been dominant in camp prior to resting to cure his patellar tendinitis. His is so naturally gifted that he can be good in the NFL without being dedicated. The million dollar question is whether he will mature mentally/emotionally to dedicate himself to the game and stay clean off the field. If he does, he could very possibly be one of the very best in the league in a few years. He just turned 22 a few months ago. I personally would like to see the Browns do something similar to what the Cowboys did with Dez in regard to having a curfew and provide the kid with more structure.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Yeah, I hear you guys. Perhaps I am jumping the gun a bit. With so many of my key guys either out, suspended, or hurt, I am just desperate for stability at a position I am usually pretty dominant at. When I made the deal, I felt much better about Gordon. Perhaps I need to stop reading these ridiculous stories. One minute he is on the verge of being cut and the next he is showing great maturity. It's enough to drive you crazy!!!! I pray the suspension is the last time he gets busted for banned substances.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Josh Gordon Time!

Postby auggiedoggies » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:06 am

He rejoined the team today...as a Gordon owner in multiple dynasty and redraft leagues, I'm excited....What are people's expectations? Over/Under 1K?
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Gordon Time!

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:10 am

I'm excited too. I'm happy to be 2-0 thus far in the league where I have him. Now I can plug him into my flex or 3rd wr spot in the place where I was starting Micheal Floyd. Dangerous line up with Cobb,Julio,J.Graham,J.Cameron, etc... Look out league.... lol.

I think Gordon ending up right around 1,000 yds, 6-9 tds, and 60-75 receptions is reasonable. How bad is Weeden's thumb though?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:30 am

I'm thinking something like 50/800/5 like his numbers last year.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:52 am

Weeden looks terrible so there needs to be a Weeden factor here.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:06 pm

I didn't watch the Clev game. Didn't Weeden get knocked out of the game with a thumb injury after a sack? I read the Star Tribune this morning (Minneapolis paper) and it mentioned that as the Vikings match up against Clev this coming week.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:41 pm

JFever wrote:I didn't watch the Clev game. Didn't Weeden get knocked out of the game with a thumb injury after a sack? I read the Star Tribune this morning (Minneapolis paper) and it mentioned that as the Vikings match up against Clev this coming week.
You're a MN boy? Me too! I noticed that as well, rumor has it that they will be starting Hoyer...either way, I'll be in the Dome, hoping for a Vikes win, but Gordon to go nuts
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Yep, I'm a Minnesota guy. Live about 40 Miles west of Minneapolis / St.Paul area. There are a few Mn people on DLF. Fantasy football gives us something to do during the cold late fall and winter months. lol.

If Hoyer is starting for Clev for the Mn home opener - I like Mn's chances. The vikings re 0-2 but Man were those two crazy / entertaining and close games. I don't think they'll get beat at home vs the Browns.

I do hope to have some nice production out of TRich and Gordon as well.