Cook/Williams/Davis

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Worst Nightmare
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Cook/Williams/Davis

Postby Worst Nightmare » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:49 am

1. Cook
2. Fournett
3. Davis
4. Williams

Davis has played more football at the same age as Williams. You can't discount the injury point with Williams. A neck injury is serious. Look at what happened with Ajayi when the NFL doctors got a chance to look at his knees. He dropped 3 rounds. Could the same thing happen with William's neck? ........ Williams looked great but we were all holding our breath after that first quarter hit because of the injury he suffered.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:40 pm

schiewerma21 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:42 am I can't believe mike Williams had to "prove something" to people. The dude is a star and it's so obvious. Sweeney is a great coach and the best wr coach in college football. He says he's a better stronger Hopkins. That's enough for me.

I think if it wasn't for fournette being generational he should be the 1.01. He just does things that NFL guys do. He makes contested catches in traffic consistently. Runs a full route tree. A solid route runner (not as good as Davis) and has the perfect size as an alpha wr1.
X2
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Worst Nightmare wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:49 am 1. Cook
2. Fournett
3. Davis
4. Williams

Davis has played more football at the same age as Williams. You can't discount the injury point with Williams. A neck injury is serious. Look at what happened with Ajayi when the NFL doctors got a chance to look at his knees. He dropped 3 rounds. Could the same thing happen with William's neck? ........ Williams looked great but we were all holding our breath after that first quarter hit because of the injury he suffered.
Ehh, the injuries were very different though. Ajayi tore his ACL in 2011, and then--reportedly--developed a bone-on-bone issue in that same knee. Mike Williams 'just' fractured one vertebrae, and had no issues during recovery. To this point, I don't think there have been any reports of Williams' injury having any lingering or chronic issues.

Not all injuries are alike. If we are to knock Williams for having a previous injury, we must also knock Cook for having surgery on his shoulder, and Fournette for having what some report to be a chronic ankle issue (if anything, Fournette is the one whose injury is an actual concern, not Williams)
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:31 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:30 pm Any specific reason why people like Davis better than Williams? What exactly does Mike Williams have to do for people to slot him above Davis?
I'm high on both, but I'm not sure how some can't see that Mike Williams was making Watson look like Tom Brady out there. Watson was throwing erratic passes towards Williams, and throughout the season he continuously came down with them.

Williams combination of catch radius, athleticism and attacking the ball at it's highest point is special. It looks like Allen Robinson. Williams doesn't even need to use footwork to seperate most times. He's so big, physical and athletic that he can create it in that form.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Anybody know what Williams/Davis are supposed to run in the 40? Is one expected to be much faster than the other or no? The 40 isn't everything but it does play a part and I haven't seen/read anything about it for them to this point.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

sms
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sms » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:50 am

I don't watch a lot of film, but I've viewed some on both Williams and Davis. I had Williams ranked as the #1 but many people liked Davis better. After watching film I think I like Davis a bit better. He ran better routes, blocks well and is motivated to do so, catches passes over the top of defenders. Davis just seems to have that "it" factor. Williams is no slouch. At this point I am taking Davis over Williams. I will watch more film and that may change my mind. Some "experts" have compared Mike Williams to Andre Johnson. Others have compared Corey Davis to Terrell Owens. For argument sake, if those statements are true, I would rather have Terrell Owens instead of Andre Johnson. Although nobody could go wrong with either of those players.

Also, I had heard/read that Davis is a tireless worker and is always trying to develop his talent. I believe that is an important character trait which pays off extremely well. How many players have talent and just try to rely on it and never become the player they could? Think about someone like Braylon Edwards. :roll:

flamingos
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby flamingos » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 am

I still think Cook needs to be ranked first of the three, but then Williams and Davis is where the fun begins. I've had a man crush on Davis for a long time and was hoping to scoop him up around 6-8, but over the last couple months that's become a pipe dream. Luckily I hit on the 1st and 3rd picks (we have a draft lottery for non-playoff teams) in our rookie draft so I still have a shot at Davis.

But at this point do I take Davis over Williams? Williams is a stud in his own right and he proved it against the best defense in the nation. I don't really think there is a wrong answer and fit will play a big role into it. If either lands in Tennessee, as a Mariota owner, I'll probably lean toward taking them to have a nice young stack for years to come.

1.01 is most likely going to be Fournette for me and then I'm sitting pretty with 3. Either take Williams/Davis or Cook if the guy that owns 1.02 takes one of the WRs.

I guess currently I'm leaning Williams over Davis, but it's not much. Recency bias from that amazing title game.
Orlando Flamingos (5-9)
12 Team, .5 PPR, 23 roster spots
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex
QBs - ARich, Bryce, Levis
RBs - Bijan, Ford, McLaughlin, Tucker, J. Mason, E. Gray, E. Wilson
WRs - Deebo, Tee, JSN, Shaheed, Pop Douglas, Elijah Moore, Treylon, M. Wilson, Mooney, Wicks, Bateman
TEs - Pitts, Woods

2019 Champions

Draft Picks
2024 - 1.02, 1.08, 1.09, 2.11
2025 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd
2026 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th