Forum Downtime Friday Night

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Forum Downtime Friday Night

Postby Shawn » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah, I liked it when the new posts were colored in Red before so you could see them easily. Everything else looks great though.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:52 pm

made some changes and tweaks so that identifying unread topics is hopefully a little easier. Still some more changes coming.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:54 pm

hostile wrote: Annoyance: BBCode is OFF, even though I have it enabled in my User CP.
Globally it's on. Should work??? What specifically are you trying to enter?

Thanks

Ken

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:37 am

Upgrade looks amazing!

One question. Can you import the smilies from the chat into the forum?

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Anyone having any trouble with pictures in signatures? I get an error that says: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img]."

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:57 pm

[quote="cowboys85"]Anyone having any trouble with pictures in signatures? I get an error that says: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img]."[/quote]

Same problem...[img] is turned off

ETA: BBCode and Smilies are still off for me in this forum only. I'm assuming that is why the quote isn't working :shrugs shoulders:

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 pm

[quote="rkrazy"][quote="cowboys85"]Anyone having any trouble with pictures in signatures? I get an error that says: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img]."[/quote]

ETA: BBCode and Smilies are still off for me in this forum only. I'm assuming that is why the quote isn't working :shrugs shoulders:[/quote]

Ditto.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:46 pm

hostile wrote:
rkrazy wrote:
cowboys85 wrote:Anyone having any trouble with pictures in signatures? I get an error that says: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img]."

ETA: BBCode and Smilies are still off for me in this forum only. I'm assuming that is why the quote isn't working :shrugs shoulders:

Ditto.

OK, I think I may have fixed this. Was it just this forum (Site Announcements) you guys were experiencing this issue? Or were there other forums?

Thanks

Ken

:D

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Devil's Advocate wrote:Upgrade looks amazing!

One question. Can you import the smilies from the chat into the forum?
No, but I will be adding some more soon. Hang in there.

Thanks

Ken

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 am

cowboys85 wrote:Anyone having any trouble with pictures in signatures? I get an error that says: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img]."
This should be fixed as well. Give it a go.

On a side note, I have set the limits for banner images in sigs to be limited to a max of 400px wide by 100px tall. I'm trying to limit the added scrolling and distraction some of these banner sig images create. If this limit really cramps your style, shout out to me. But really, I'd like to keep those sig images as minimalist as possible.

Existing sig images are not bound by this new restriction, but if you find yourself already making use of one of these large sig images, you wouldn't hurt my feelings if you downsized a bit.

Thanks

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 am

dlf_kenm wrote:

OK, I think I may have fixed this. Was it just this forum (Site Announcements) you guys were experiencing this issue? Or were there other forums?

Thanks

Ken

:D
Honestly... I couldnt tell ya.

This is the only forum I've really looked at since Fri night... been a hectic weekend.

However, the forum is now barking at me that I can only embed a max of 3 quotes? Tried replying directly to this but ended up having to take everything else out to meet my "Quote quota".
2012 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2009, 2010, 2012 No Quit Keeper League Champion

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:36 am

Been offline since Thursday so this is my first day with the new forum and while some of the enhanced look is nice, its much more confusing. The old look was great in its simplicity. Easy to determine what was old or new, etc. Now I've got all kinds of goofy icons and who knows what is new and what isn't. It also makes each thread take up multiple times the space on the screen.

Less simplicity, more bloat and confusion. Went in to see if it can be customized and it can't. :-( Let's hope there is an option to do so on the horizon (as in asap).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:51 am

dlf_kenm wrote:
This should be fixed as well. Give it a go.

On a side note, I have set the limits for banner images in sigs to be limited to a max of 400px wide by 100px tall. I'm trying to limit the added scrolling and distraction some of these banner sig images create. If this limit really cramps your style, shout out to me. But really, I'd like to keep those sig images as minimalist as possible.

Existing sig images are not bound by this new restriction, but if you find yourself already making use of one of these large sig images, you wouldn't hurt my feelings if you downsized a bit.

Thanks
Any chance I could squeeze 50 pixels out of you Ken? I think most images that were made for us are 400 X 150 pixels. When I went to update my signature I couldn't edit it because the picture wasn't allowed. So I think if you have an existing larger pic you can keep it, but you'll be unable to edit your signature.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 am

And it auto-logs me out after a timeout...bad, bad, bad. Turned on the option to auto log me in, but I really don't like that.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:23 am

skip wrote:And it auto-logs me out after a timeout...bad, bad, bad. Turned on the option to auto log me in, but I really don't like that.
Made a change to some settings so that this may be fixed now, let me know.