Analyze the team above

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Analyze the team above

Postby broncohead » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:45 pm

Buckshot LaFunk wrote:Bronco (for team 1):

QB - like Matty Ice

RB - kind of a bunch of meh bit you do have good depth, just no real stud. Not sure where your 1sts are but you probably could address needs there. Is there anyone who would still give decent market value for Miller?? I would look to move any of those guys for fair value.

WR - No uber elite guy, but again some great depth IMO. I would try and trade Landry and Shepard either as package ups for better WRs or a stud RB.

TE - Nothing flashy here but that's the TE position these days. Some good low to mid TE1 options with some upside and great for playing matchups.

Overall focus for me would be to over haul the RB position if possible. Not sure where you finished this year but seems like a team destined to finish 5th or so until you get something better in one or two of those roster posts weekly.

Good luck!!!
Thank you! I have been trying to consolidate players and my picks are 1.07, 1.10, and 1.11. I also have 2.04.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Cool thread idea!! If anyone chooses to analyze one of my teams, please do Team 1 (not as a way to roster-bate but because Team 2 has a unique structure and I have a definitive plan in mind there). Note that Team 1 is 2QB and 2TE.

@broncohead:

Team 2 ORPHAN 16 team QB, RB, RB, WR,WR,WR, TE, WR/RB, Superflex, flex
QB: Dak Prescott, Paxton Lynch, Bryce Petty, Tom Savage
RB: Tevin Coleman, Wendell Smallwood, Karlos Williams
WR: Sammy Watkins, DeVante Parker, Michael Thomas (NO), Breshad Perriman, Devin Funchess, Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson, Sammie Coates, Tajae Sharpe, Justin Hardy
TE: Ladarius Green, CJ Fiedorowicz, Richard Rodgers

1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.05

QB: You're gold with Prescott; it would take the world to move him, for me. He's young enough and good enough, it would seem, to be peaking when your team is ready to compete. In a 16-team league, I like having a 2nd reliable QB. Given that this is an orphan, hopefully Lynch (or Petty or Savage) develops into that. I'd be keeping an eye open to an upgrade here, though, but I wouldn't prioritize it. Worst case, when you're competing, you could probably acquire a veteran (if necessary) on the cheap.

RB: Clearly, this entire position needs to be rebuilt. Based on the philosophy of acquiring RBs last, though, I wouldn't be concerned. Heck, I'd even consider moving any of these RBs if/when they get a value-spike for any reason and another buyer is interested.

WR: Bam!! Within two years, you should have three or four reliable WRs from this group.

TE: Good enough, I think, given where your are. Green and CJF both have promise. If even one becomes a reliable (if not top-notch) TE, then you're fine here. Odds are that the cost to upgrade to an elite TE is not going to be worth it.

Draft picks: Here is where you will solve a LOT of the problems listed above. You'll certainly get that elite RB that is missing. You'll get another likely two WRs to help insure that your stable of WRs has at least 4 productive players. Then you'll get either another RB or WR depending on your draft evaluations. You could always consider moving a pick or two, of course. If doing so, then I'd likely look to get a 2018 1st as part of a package rather than more young up-and-coming players -- your roster has those already, and the future pick

Bottom line: Given your orphan/rebuild status, I LOVE where your team is. I don't see many pieces that need to be moved, to be honest, except possibly for your RBs (or if you get a great offer for someone). I think you're at the point that you can watch your team grow and develop and then re-assess every six months.

Good luck!!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Tm 1: 10 tms. 27 plyrs, PPR
Start: 2 QBs 2 RBs 3 WRs 2 TEs 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Kessler, Hundley, Petty, McCarron, Glennon, Savage
RB: Freeman, McCoy, Ingram, Crowell, Riddick, Kelley
WR: D Thomas, Jordy, Baldwin, Ty Williams, G Tate, Enunwa, Gabriel, Roberts
TE: Reed, Fleener, Gates, Henry, M Williams

Picks 1, 1, 3, 4, 5

----------------------

QB: In a ten team 2QB, I think you have great starting options with Rodgers and Wilson. However, after those two, your depth is pretty shaky. Being a small league, I would prefer to have one more starting option to cover bye weeks and injury. Your QB depth is pretty much prospect types (which is good to have, but I would prefer one more start able QB if I am contending).

RB: Being able to start 4 RBs is definitely an advantage with your be core. McCoy is getting up in age, but still has the stats to be a viable top 10 RB. Same with Ingram in my opinion. Freeman is solid unless Coleman eats into his carries. Crow and Kelley are nice youth additions who can fill in for you in the event of injury/bye...and have potential of their own.

WRs: Your weakest position in my opinion. DT is no spring chicken, and his best days are behind him...especially with questionable QB play. Jordy, although getting up in age, is still producing top 10 WR numbers. Baldwin is hit or miss...same with Tate. Everyone else is just roster clog material in a ten teamer. I would rather roster some deep prospect rookie type than Enunwa, Gabriel, or Roberts.

TEs: Reed is a top flight TE when healthy, but is also one concussion from scrambled egg brain. He makes me nervous. Fleener is a decent option in a pass heavy offense...but just hasn't put it together yet. Hopefully he will. Gates can't play forever. Henry is a guy I'm excited about, and hopefully he can put it together.

Overall a pretty good team. I would look at drafting WRs possibly in your rookie draft...or trading those picks for established WRs.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 am

For slaughterrt:
16 team superflex, .5ppr
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, SuperFlex, DT, DE, DE, LB, LB, LB, CB, CB, S, K
Retooling
QB: Blake Bortles, Jacoby Brissett*, Teddy Bridgewater*
RB: Giovani Bernard, Jalen Richard, Rex Burkhead, Kenyn Drake, Danny Woodhead*
WR: T.Y. Hilton, John Brown, Mohamed Sanu, Michael Thomas (NO), Sammy Watkins, Michael Thomas (LA), Marqise Lee, Devin Funchess, Josh Doctson, Cody Core
TE: Coby Fleener, Darren Waller

Plus a bunch of IDPs I don't feel qualified to comment on
QB: Not pretty. Bortles puts up big fantasy numbers from time to time, but his grasp on the starting job is tenuous. Bridgewater is a solid real-life QB but nothing special fantasy-wise. I don't play superflex, but I have a hard time believing Brissett is rosterable even in that format.

RB: I'm sure the pickings are pretty slim in a 16-teamer, but you could really use some help here too. Gio is a decent timeshare back, but even if he moves on from Cincy, I don't think he turns into a 3-down back elsewhere. Woodhead is getting a little long in the tooth and probably would've seen a significantly reduced role in the offense even he'd stayed healthy, due to Gordon's emergence this year. Outside of those two, you don't even really have a bye-week plug-in. This position should probably be your main priority in the offseason.

WR: This actually looks like a really great group and is obviously the strength of your team. I'd feel pretty happy rolling out Sammy, TY and good Michael Thomas every week in a 12-team league, let alone a 16-teamer. With Floyd out of the way and Fitz turning 50 soon, John Brown appears to have a very bright future. Sanu isn't sexy but he's a solid depth piece, and guys like Lee, Funchess and Doctson are nice young upside players.

TE: Seems like an unspectacular but serviceable group for the size of your league. Could use some improvement, but I wouldn't flag it as a top priority.

You didn't list your draft picks, but whether it's via trade or draft, I'd be looking to improve as much as possible at RB and QB this offseason. I'm a big believer in building around WRs, but I think you could afford to trade some of your depth to improve at those other positions. I think your best bet would be to try to sell high on Thomas after his great rookie season. Brees isn't getting any younger and there's a decent possibility MT's value will never be as high as it is right now. I'd be looking to flip him for a high-end RB or QB, even if you have to add a little extra.

Sorry I can't really help you with any IDP advice. Maybe try to draft Jabrill Peppers if he declares?

I'd love to hear someone's thoughts on team 1 in my sig.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FeartheRavens06
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FeartheRavens06 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:34 am

QB: Worrisome. 1 QB league but 0 on roster?
RB: Good right now but about to be great I imagine with Fornette or Cook probably going with your 1.01. I think AP goes somewhere else next year, Rawls I do like still for some reason, Hill & Kelley are OK 2nd / 3rd options for now
WR: Great but risky. Love your big 3 but they aren't exactly the most reliable. Solid depth though
TE: Eh. Not a fan of any of them but Maxx and Hooper have potential
I think you having 1.01 is awesome. You either get a future stud RB or you trade out and get tons of depth with what that pick will go for. You're kind of in a tough spot with your best players for the most part being holds. But I think if you can find a decent QB your team could be in the top half of the league assuming healthy
11th year ESPN, 0.5 PPR, 12 team
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX, 1TE, 2LB, 2DL, 2DB, 1 IDP FLEX

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Henry, Michel, Penny, Coleman, AP, Ekeler
WR: OBJ, Adams, Diggs, Cooks, Jeffery, Allison, Moncrief
TE: Herndon, Doyle, Seals-Jones
LB: Kuechly, Wagner, Williamson, Kendricks, Hitchens, McMillan, J Brown (TEN)
DL: Clark, Dunlap, Hughes, Weatherly, Vernon
DB: Collins, Adams, Tartt, Bates, Peppers

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:10 am

9th year ESPN, non-ppr, 12 team
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX, 1TE, 2LB, 2DL, 2DB

QB: Luck, Stafford, Bradford
RB: Lacy, AP, Hill, R Kelley, B Powell, Gillislee, Langford, Starks, Alex Collins, Bibbs
WR: Jeffery, Watkins, Cooks, Diggs, T Pryor, Tyrell Williams, Drunk Floyd, E Rogers, Megatron
TE: Graham, Martellus
LB: Kuechly, L. David, B. Wagner, E Kendricks
DE: Quinn, Dunlap, Vernon, Beasley
DB: Cyprien, McDougald, T Jefferson, B Jones

1.04, 1.09, 2.08, 2.09

QB: This position is locked down for a long time with Luck and in a 1 QB league you have a great bye week filler in Stafford. Depending on the matchups you could play either of them.

RB: Here is a weakness on your team. You have some serviceable options, but most of them are question marks and/or backups. I would look to either move up in the draft to get cooks by packaging your picks, or maybe trading back to someone who really wants the WR available at your spot to grab McCaffrey.

WR: I like your WRs. The only one I feel you could sell high on is Cooks and I am not a fan of him with Breez getting older and the inconsistency I would get rid of him and could try to pair him with a pick like the 1.09 to get a starting RB for your team.

TE: TE is always an up and down spot and you have the definition of it. I would look to grab one of the young TEs in the draft with one of your second round picks and maybe package them together to make sure you get one of them to move up.

IDP: Not qualified to comment on this, but I see a lot of good names. (Sorry)
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:21 am

12 team Superflex PPR league
Start 1-2QBs, 2-6 RBs, 3-6 WRs, 1-5 TEs, 1 DEF

QBs- Luck, Big Ben, Hoyer, Garoppolo
RBs- Ingram, Hyde, Howard, Abdullah, Smallwood, Turbin, Farrow
WRs- Watkins, Allen, Decker, Sharpe, Benjamin, Stills, J.J. Nelson, B Coleman, Wheaton, R Lewis, A Wilson, Ja Brown
TEs- Henry, Cook, Rodgers, AJ Derby

Picks:

Qb: A - solid starters for super flex but in need of a serious back up, Boyer is probably droppable - I might look to trade for a 28-32 guy but JGarop might be somewhere new as well.
RBs: B - startable but somewhat injury prone, I wouldn't feel good about having to start anyone after Hyde, 'maybe look for a RB to fall in the draft if you don't go for a WR. Target a GIO or Duke maybe as well.
WR: C/B - if Allen/Watkins/Decker can stay healthy easy B, I'd look to make a move here for upgrade or (for now) maybe Mike Williams or Corey davis may fall to 1.06.
TE: B - Henry looks to be a stud so you should be ok but it might not be until 2018, always tough to gauge the success and when it will happen.

Overall a B - good base, decent age but a young team mostly, probably have to wait or make moves to challenge any time soon. I'd probably say you finish just out side of the playoffs n xt year. I'd lean to shoring up then wr.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Thank you VERY much, @slaughterrt!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

The Black Swordsman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby The Black Swordsman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:26 am

Broncohead team 2:

Team 2 ORPHAN 16 team QB, RB, RB, WR,WR,WR, TE, WR/RB, Superflex, flex
QB: Dak Prescott, Paxton Lynch, Bryce Petty, Tom Savage
RB: Tevin Coleman, Wendell Smallwood, Karlos Williams
WR: Sammy Watkins, DeVante Parker, Michael Thomas (NO), Breshad Perriman, Devin Funchess, Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson, Sammie Coates, Tajae Sharpe, Justin Hardy
TE: Ladarius Green, CJ Fiedorowicz, Richard Rodgers

1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.05

QB - ideally you could acquire a decent veteran presence just in case. Prescott is really all you can count on for the foreseeable future. In a league with a superflex, you ideally want a qb there and prescott is the only presumably expected starter in 2017
RB - yikes, you need to consolidate some of your wr assets to try and acquire some decent rbs or ignore that route if u plan on using your picks to address it
WR - obviously your strength, i'd think about packaging some of those guys for draft picks or packaging some of them for studs wrs if possible
TE: meh, average group and u could consider an upgrade here as well although you could hold pat with green and i personally think you would be ok here

Great you have high draft picks. This team isn't a contender imo, so i think your best bet is to go into rebuilding mode. You're already on your way imo with the first 4 out of 5 draft picks next season. Now you can kind of disregard that if you use your picks on incoming players you strongly believe can be foundation pieces. You can then marshal some of the players you already own into upgrades. This is my first year playing dynasty, so I hope my info helps. Can you give me some ideas on my dynasty team(team 1?) I came in 3rd place, but I feel like my team is weaker than the top 2 teams by a decent margin. Thanks.
Team 1
14 Team Dynasty PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB 1FLEX , 2TS(Taxi Squad) 2IR
QB: Rivers
RB: Gore/Crowell/Kelley/Perine/McFadden/Carson/Darkwa/Conner/Carson/Mike Davis()
WR: Green/Demaryius/Edelman/Chris Godwin/Gordon/D. Byrd/C. Henderson()
TE:[/b])/Henry
DL: David Irving/Melvin Ingram/Ackiem Hicks
LB: Ogletree/Demario Davis/Kyle Van Noy
DB: Kyle Fuller/Adrian Amos

2018: 1st, 2nd and 4th rd pick
2019: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd pick

Team 2
12 Team PPR Auction Keeper - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, K, DEFENSE
QB: Brady/Goff
RB: Mccoy/Fournette/Lamar/Drake/Conner/Kamara/Latavius/[/b])
WR: Fitz/Marvin Jones/Robby/Corey Coleman/Edelman[/b])
TE: V. Davis
K:Gostkowski
DEF: Ravens/Jags

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Alright Swordsman

Team 1
14 Team Dynasty PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB 1FLEX , 2TS(Taxi Squad)
QB: Rivers
RB: Gore/Crowell/Deangelo/R. Mathews/Kelley/Hightower(TS)
WR: Green/Marshall/Demaryius/Edelman/Tyrell/Wallace/Inman/M. Wilson/Gordon(TS)
TE: Gates/Henry/AJ Derby
DL: Kyle Willams/Gerald Mccoy/M. Dareus
LB: C. Jones/Ogletree/Orr/K. Toomer
DB: Peters/M. Burnett

Draft picks: 2017(first 2rds rookie only) 1.12, 1.13, 2.13, 3.13, 4.13
2018: 1st, 2nd and 4th rd pick

QB - sufficient for now. Rivers a a guy I often target cuz he's usually very cheap
RB - Needs a lot of work here obviously.
WR - Some good names but definitely getting on the older side. I might try and move Tyrell for a decent 1st if possible. Unfortunately you have a bunch of guys who typically don't encourage strong trade offers. in my league guys like Green, DT and Edelman just don't get the hype they might deserve so it;s hard to sell them for fair value.
TE - Like Henry. WIth those later 1sts you could be in play to draft a TE as well.
IDP - This year I started really not worrying about LB as there have been guys emerge in season all the time so Ogeltree and Orr seem like a good nucleus to build around. DB is fine cuz they are easy to find as well. DL I have been trying harder to get elite DE's since I can find LBs and DB's but you have some solid guys there depending on scoring.
Overall - I feel like this squad might be in need of a mini rebuild. Sell off the majority of the aging pieces for picks this year and next. Take BPA this year or if you don't like who is there then try and flip for '18 picks as that draft is shaping up to be solid as well (I know we always seem to say that no matter what year it is lol). Maybe try and work some package ups with your late 1sts and the aging guys to move up in the draft?? You could prob sit relatively tight and add a couple pieces as offers present themselves and finish ok next year as well, however I think you will be in the same shape as you find yourself now and don't see a championship on the horizon in 2017. I would lean towards starting a shake up now then.

Good luck.

GBP1388
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GBP1388 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Buckshot Team 1

QB - Carr, Palmer
RB - Bell, Forte, Ware, Lewis, DWill, Richard, Woodhead
WR - Julio, Cooper, Mike Thomas, Moncrief, Shepard, Pryor, Crowder, Meredith, Enunwa, T Smith
TE - Gronk, Bennett, Fiedorowicz, Walford
DL - Mack, Wilkerson, Dunlap, Hunter
LB - Wagner, Lee, Whitehead, Jack
DB - Mathieu, Church, Addae
Taxi - Malcolm Mitchell, Shaq Thompson, Eli Rogers, ASJ, Chandler Jones
2017 - 1.02
2018 - 1

QB- Set with Carr for the foreseeable future. Maybe you can move Palmer for something before he retires
RB- Assuming you take a RB at 1.02 you should be set with Forte and Woodhead as possible flex plays
WR- Like your group of WRs
TE- You can look to move Gronk, but I feel like you won't get what you want for him. CJF should still be decent as long as Osweiler stays a check down machine.
Can't comment on the IDPs.

I like your squad, decent blend youth and vets and the 1.02 should address the only real need I see.
Green Bowl Packers
12 team .5ppr 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 te k d
qb: watson, pickett, purdy, minshew, mayfield
rb: bijan, chubb, mixon, charbs, hubbard, foreman, r. johnson, gray, ford
wr: chase, evans, cooper, d. johnson, pittman, juju, julio, palmer, r. james, shakir
te: kittle, goedert, gesicki, chig
d: car, bal
k: butker
2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

norsberry
Rookie
Rookie

Postby norsberry » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:53 pm

GBP1388

QB: Cam and Wentz are a solid dynasty duo that should feel good about for the next 3-5 years.

RB: Definitely your weakest part of your team. You've got some guys that I like their upside going into next year in Ajayi, McKinnon, and Dixon, but you don't have anyone that is surefire to be a top RB next year. I would look to address this position with your 1.08 as this class will have some good rb talent still left at that spot.

WR: You have a great top 4 of Evans, Cooper, Watkins, and Landry, but I think you could work on getting a little bit of veteran depth behind these guys in case you get hit with an injury bug.

TE: A decent group of guys. I really like Green if he can stay healthy but I'd want to pair him with another solid TE. I might look to grab a TE at 3.08, since this class has a solid TE pool and one is sure to slip later into the draft. If you drafted a TE then I would look to trade CJF and Hooper. No sense in wasting 4 roster spots on TE.

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Norsberry- team to analyze? Post it, please. Need someone to analyze my team 1 in sig.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:03 pm

I'll take a crack Magloo cuz I like this thread

Team 1 :10 team standard scoring, roster 30 players dynasty league
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K and 1 DST
QB: M Ryan, D Carr, Goff
RB: T Coleman,Collins, Drake, J McKinnon, J Hill, R Jennings, J Howard, J Langford, C Sims, Smallwood
WR: Q Enunwa, D Adams,M Evans, AJG, D Jax, B Perriman, M Thomas(NO), Ty Williams, Lockette, Patterson
TE: CJ Fiedo, Derby, Doyle, Gresham
K: C Santos
DST: Chargers, Bucs
2017 picks, 2 1st's, 2 2nd's, 2 3rd's, four round draft

First things first, it;s helpful to list your players in order of how you rank them at each position just to make is easier to see the meat and potatoes of a roster. Evans and AJG should be WR1 and WR2 for example.

Anyway,
QB - Solid - like Matty and Carr
RB - Feels really thin for a 10 team. I'd be open to trading every one of those guys for the right price but more inclined to hang onto Howard and Tevin
WR - Love Evans/Green/Thomas combo. I would be trying to move a WR or two to upgrade RB whether I am trading a WR/RB combo or WR/WR combo to acquire a RB
TE - Not great for a 10 team. CJ is ok but I can;t rely on him to be my guy week in week out. I know Doyle was ok this year but I'm looking to upgrade for next season....same with Gresham. It's not an immediate and the most pressing need but something I'd definitely explore this off season.
K/DST - I would drop all for stashes
Picks - can't comment much since we don't know where they are for sure but having 4 in the top 20 means you should be able to add some good depth in terms of prospects.

Ultimately it seems you need a some real upgrades at RB and TE in a 10 team league to be a contender but I think you have the ammo to make the moves necessary to get in the hunt. Good luck.

norsberry
Rookie
Rookie

Postby norsberry » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:06 am

mrmagloo wrote:Norsberry- team to analyze? Post it, please. Need someone to analyze my team 1 in sig.
Norsberry
16 Team League, 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/3FLEX, .5 PPR

QB: Brees, Smith, Kaepernick
RB: McCoy, Hyde, Gore, Mathews, Dixon, Lewis
WR: Jordy, Crabtree, Tyrell, Wallace
TE: Graham