Survivor Discussion: Week 7

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Survivor Discussion: Week 7

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Buffalo came through for me again. It's been a great season for me in this, kudos to all who are still alive this late.

Already took HOU, CAR, MIA, CIN, PIT, BUF.

This week with news that Big Ben tore his meniscus I figure...even though I don't like taking road teams, it's a prime opportunity to finally use the New England Patriots.

I do like Atlanta at home against San Diego as well and had them in until news broke about Ben.

I also like Minnesota coming off a bye against Philly in the Sam Bradford revenge game, but caution that they are on the road here.

Seattle on the road should still be able to take care of business against a struggling Arizona team but road teams in divisional games is definitely an avoid if you can help it.

myth010
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Survivor Discussion: Week 7

Postby myth010 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:22 am

Used SEA, CAR, MIA, DEN, NEP, BUF so far.

This week considering taking KC against the Saints, Saints are not a good road team and KC seems to be stabilizing and the Saints defense is as porous as ever but will decide once I see some more opinions in this thread.

Bengals at home against the Browns is one other option.

Raiders at Jaguars can be considered (not comfortable picking road teams)

For those who haven't picked NEP, they should be an easy pick against a Landry Jones lead Steelers.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:23 am

I have gone HOU, CAR, MIA, CIN, MIN, NE so far.

Pretty sure I am locked and loaded on ATL at home against SD.

Other teams I haven't taken that I would consider: GB at home against CHI, DEN hosting HOU.

NE would be a great pick if I had them.

ATL it is.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:28 am

Early look at the games have me focused on:
Chiefs over Saints
Falcons over Chargers
Broncos over Texans

Would need to look hard at the Chiefs before selecting them.
The Falcons game feels like a trap.
Not entirely comfortable with the Broncos getting healthy against the Texans, but that would be my call at the moment.

(already played: MIN, NE, MIA, CAR, PIT, SEA)

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:00 am

My gut before I looked at any lines was KC as NO is historically awful on the road, more so outside, and even more so in a tough place to play. I think the Chiefs will let JC out of the cage this week and he is going to have a hug game against the hapless Saints. I would not be shocked if NO somehow pulls it out, but you have to take chances somewhere. Cincy is the best play if you still have them (I have them in a second chance pool and will probably take them).

Agree with others that are suspicious of the Falcons-SD game. If it were a 1 PM start I would be all about the Falcons, but it is a 4 PM game so the body clock of the SD players won't be off as much as the usual West Coast team playing a 1 PM game EST. Plus Verrett will be locked onto Julio I assume and SD can put up points. I will be avoiding this game altogether.

I also am taking a hard look at GB this week. The Bears are pretty bad and GB has to be so ticked off. I haven't taken GB any other week yet and their home schedule has some good teams coming into their barn. So unless you plan on using GB on the road (which I hate doing, would rather play a team home against a bad divisional opponent over a road game) or Week 9 hosting Indy I just can't see using them.

So for me the decision is comparing this week and Week 9. I will either go KC this week and GB hosting Indy Week 9 or GB hosting Chicago this week and KC hosting Jax in Week 9.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am

rubber_duck wrote:Early look at the games have me focused on:
Chiefs over Saints
Falcons over Chargers
Broncos over Texans

Not entirely comfortable with the Broncos getting healthy against the Texans, but that would be my call at the moment.

These are the 3 games I am looking at also. I do not like taking divisional games, but with the not so great choices this week, I am looking at GB over CHI and CIN over CLE.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 am

Gone with HOU, CAR, MIA, WAS, MIN and BUF.

CIN vs CLE seems to be the obvious choice. GB vs CHI is another good one, but divisional game on a Thursday has me nervous.

JAX over OAK if you feel daring...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

timmahawk
Starter
Starter

Postby timmahawk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:06 pm

I like Cin for obvious reasons, but already took them (Sea, Car, Mia, Cin, NE, AZ).
NE is also another good one that most wouldn't have predicted a few weeks ago.

So I'm left with picking from the following:

GB vs CHI, and even though it's a divisional game, the bears are truly terrible, and road teams usually suck on TNF.

KC vs NO, which actually scares me for some odd reason. KC should win though

ATL vs SD, I don't think SD is as bad as their record and ATL might have a hangover after the tough loss to the Hawks

Den vs Hou, Oz sucks, so Den should win even with bad QB play, but they just lost 2 in a row, so I'm holding judgement until Den proves they are back to their winning ways.

I'm going with GB, and if all goes well, week 8 looks brutal.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:28 am

timmahawk wrote:I like Cin for obvious reasons, but already took them (Sea, Car, Mia, Cin, NE, AZ).
NE is also another good one that most wouldn't have predicted a few weeks ago.

So I'm left with picking from the following:

GB vs CHI, and even though it's a divisional game, the bears are truly terrible, and road teams usually suck on TNF.

KC vs NO, which actually scares me for some odd reason. KC should win though

ATL vs SD, I don't think SD is as bad as their record and ATL might have a hangover after the tough loss to the Hawks

Den vs Hou, Oz sucks, so Den should win even with bad QB play, but they just lost 2 in a row, so I'm holding judgement until Den proves they are back to their winning ways.

I'm going with GB, and if all goes well, week 8 looks brutal.
I think week 8 the top plays are probably Dallas at home vs Eagles or Minnesota @ Chicago.

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:29 am

im going with the packers this week. chargers looks decent and houston looks good too. i don't feel comfortable with either. so it's greenbay for me this week. at least i'll know early if im in or out...
QB: C Wentz, D Lock, M Stafford (IR)
RB: N Chubb, D Henry, M Mack, M Boone
WR: Julio, A Cooper, AJ Brown, T Lockett, N Harry, TY Hilton
TE: J Cook, T Higbee, N Fant
K: Y Koo, R Bullock
D: Chiefs, Steelers

12 Teams Dynasty League, 19 Players Roster, Standard Scoring/Pass TD 3pts
Roster Restriction: Must carry at least 2 at each position, including defense.
Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

StraightCashHomie
Starter
Starter

Postby StraightCashHomie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:48 am

flyersfan1981 wrote:Agree with others that are suspicious of the Falcons-SD game. If it were a 1 PM start I would be all about the Falcons, but it is a 4 PM game so the body clock of the SD players won't be off as much as the usual West Coast team playing a 1 PM game EST. Plus Verrett will be locked onto Julio I assume and SD can put up points. I will be avoiding this game altogether.
Verrett is done for the year (again) with a partially torn ACL. Chargers are definitely better than their record though, could easily be 4-2 or 5-1 if they knew how to close games.
Your 2013 Prediction Contest Champion

Barely active anymore... adulting is tough. Down to three dynasty leagues, one keeper, and two redrafts.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Dookmariot wrote: JAX over OAK if you feel daring...
I'm not sure "daring" is a strong enough description for picking the Jags to win.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:42 am

Still alive! Spent so far: Arizona, Denver, Seattle, Carolina, Miami, New England

This week, I'm looking at: GB and Cincy....I had this week dog eared for GB, but recent performance and injuries are giving me pause. Might bet against Cleveland this week rather than betting on GB.

Good luck all! Survive and advance!

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:05 am

rubber_duck wrote:
Dookmariot wrote: JAX over OAK if you feel daring...
I'm not sure "daring" is a strong enough description for picking the Jags to win.
Jacksonville's D is quietly very good. The Oakland D is a bunch of matadors. Oakland is coming cross country for a 1pm start. Not as crazy as you might think.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:23 am

grooner wrote:
rubber_duck wrote:Early look at the games have me focused on:
Chiefs over Saints
Falcons over Chargers
Broncos over Texans

These are the 3 games I am looking at also. I do not like taking divisional games, but with the not so great choices this week, I am looking at GB over CHI and CIN over CLE.
Have decided to roll with KC and DEN this week.