Josh Gordon

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
egfeldman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Josh Gordon

Postby egfeldman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:31 pm

In a 10 team .5PPR redraft league, it it time to drop Gordon? I used my 6th round (59th overall) pick on him, so I hate to see him go. I am strong at WR, but not overly deep (OBJ, Evans, Parker, Cobb, and Gordon), even though we only start 2 and potentially a third in the flex (I have been starting Cobb or Parker as my flex).

I know the Browns SAID they were releasing him and he was not in their plans going forward, but that was almost a week ago and he is still listed on their official roster (reserve/suspended). I also know they were shopping him around in the off season, but no deal was made. I believe they are shopping him now, as well, but its doubtful a deal gets made.

Since this was a voluntary trip to rehab, he can technically leave whenever he pleases, so he may leave rehab and comeback to playing football. I know he has been resuspended indefinitely, but with an appeal this can probably be removed as he did not violate any of the conditions for coming back week 5.

Obviously he is not playing this week, but what are the odds he plays again this season? If the Browns do end up releasing him, another team may pick him up if he is eligible to play and out of rehab. I think the latter of the two is probably least likely to happen because I don't foresee the Browns releasing one of the most talented receivers if he is eligible to play.

So, what should I do with Gordon?

truefan31
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby truefan31 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:12 pm

I had the same issue. Had to drop him for now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:40 am

I would drop him in a redraft league. He's not going to play this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

egfeldman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby egfeldman » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:43 am

It was tough, but I dropped him. Wanted to poach all of my buddies handcuffs for the week in hopes of a trade. Thanks guys!