Could JTLoh be the Anti-Prophet?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Could JTLoh be the Anti-Prophet?

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:29 am

First & foremost I mean this almost completely in jest. I actually like reading JTLohs posts and am always curious to hear his take on players and thoughts on dynasty & keeper leagues/values.

However we now have evidence that at least 2 players that JTLoh was very high on, are now in possible fantasy nose dives.

Case 1 - Tyler Lockett

Case 2 - Jeremy Langford

We also have a case of a player that JTLoh was low on

Case 1 - Eagles should have drafted Anyone but Wentz

Could it be that the fantasy gods have it out for JTLoh and he is meant to serve as the anti-prophet of fantasy knowledge?

I for one wouldnt be surprised to hear if

JTLoh was very high on Keenan Allen

JTLoh is a charter member of the Dorial Green-Beckham fan club

JTLoh is a believer in Thomas Rawls

JTLoh s favorite TE is Gronkowski.

Will better days be ahead? What do you think?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Could JTLoh be the Anti-Prophet?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:25 am

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:53 am

I could add a lot of names to this list. The problem is many of the members of this forum are disproportionately biased towards players they own and don't have the ability to be objective, that leads to a lot of incorrect speculation and name calling unfortunately.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:55 am

^ I would add that this forum also feels like it's outgrowing the current discussion platform. We need a platform that highlights certain users comments and puts less emphasis on others, all this should be done over time via other users upvoting and down voting the voice. We'd probably end up with some surprising results.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:57 am

thebeast wrote:The problem is many of the members of this forum are disproportionately biased towards players they own and don't have the ability to be objective, that leads to a lot of incorrect speculation and name calling unfortunately.
You LYING BUFFOON!! I'm entirely objective all the time about the players I own! They just happen to be the best players in the NFL, and everyone else has flaws! That's why I don't own all those flawed players, you DUMMY!!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:01 am

thebeast wrote:^ I would add that this forum also feels like it's outgrowing the current discussion platform. We need a platform that highlights certain users comments and puts less emphasis on others, all this should be done over time via other users upvoting and down voting the voice. We'd probably end up with some surprising results.
Actually I think this is pretty brilliant, and was thinking the same thing last week. If you could "like" a post, then guys that write out well thought out posts would get more likes, and their ranking could rise. It could even be a separate ranking, rather than "I've posted 3,000 'I agree' posts." Total posts, and total likes/agrees/supports or something. By looking at a guy's post count as compared to his 'like' count, you could see how on he's been historically...but maybe more accurately, how well he conforms to the general beliefs of the forum.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:07 am

thebeast wrote:I could add a lot of names to this list. The problem is many of the members of this forum are disproportionately biased towards players they own and don't have the ability to be objective, that leads to a lot of incorrect speculation and name calling unfortunately.
I actually think I'm the opposite of that description. I always think I've made the wrong decision, and feel that my player is clearly going to be the next one to go down with some kind of season-ending injury.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:08 am

As for Lockett, you have to give a pass there if indeed he's been playing on a torn PCL. You have to give prognostication mulligans when the player suffers a freak injury.

And don't you DARE disparage the name of His Mighty Gronkness!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:09 am

Dookmariot wrote:I always think I've made the wrong decision, and feel that my player is clearly going to be the next one to go down with some kind of season-ending injury.
That just means that you've been playing this game long enough to know...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:15 am

Valhalla wrote:
thebeast wrote:The problem is many of the members of this forum are disproportionately biased towards players they own and don't have the ability to be objective, that leads to a lot of incorrect speculation and name calling unfortunately.
You LYING BUFFOON!! I'm entirely objective all the time about the players I own! They just happen to be the best players in the NFL, and everyone else has flaws! That's why I don't own all those flawed players, you DUMMY!!
:lol: :clap: :clap:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:18 am

Dookmariot wrote:
thebeast wrote:I could add a lot of names to this list. The problem is many of the members of this forum are disproportionately biased towards players they own and don't have the ability to be objective, that leads to a lot of incorrect speculation and name calling unfortunately.
I actually think I'm the opposite of that description. I always think I've made the wrong decision, and feel that my player is clearly going to be the next one to go down with some kind of season-ending injury.
I agree with you. I think you're one of the more objective posters. As Valhalla mentioned some type of karma score would be great. There used to be a slight correlation to post count and quality of advice because a few years ago the users with higher post counts had more dynasty experience and could help newer guys ask the right questions about the format. Now there is pretty much zero correlation on this site with post count and quality of advice and it seems that some with higher post counts are just actively involved in non-stop debates and defense of positions they're dug in on.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:22 am

I hear you. I'd LOVE to give more "advice" in the Advice Forum, but despite the fact that I probably spend more time on this hobby than is healthy I don't feel I'm in a position to tell another person on how they should run their team.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:22 am

I think it's the other way around. They own them because they are actually high on them. That's not bias. I was high on Brian Quick early in his career which is why I drafted him. I didn't draft him and then defend him because I owned him.

I'm a little indifferent to several of my players, but they are better than anything on waivers, so I keep them. I'm still very high on DT, not because I own him. If I didn't believe in him, rather than defend him due to ownership bias, I'd shop him.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:41 am

thebeast wrote: As Valhalla mentioned some type of karma score would be great.
I hereby assign myself a karma score of 1. Everyone else remains at 0. Problem solved!
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:52 am

Valhalla wrote:
thebeast wrote:^ I would add that this forum also feels like it's outgrowing the current discussion platform. We need a platform that highlights certain users comments and puts less emphasis on others, all this should be done over time via other users upvoting and down voting the voice. We'd probably end up with some surprising results.
Actually I think this is pretty brilliant, and was thinking the same thing last week. If you could "like" a post, then guys that write out well thought out posts would get more likes, and their ranking could rise. It could even be a separate ranking, rather than "I've posted 3,000 'I agree' posts." Total posts, and total likes/agrees/supports or something. By looking at a guy's post count as compared to his 'like' count, you could see how on he's been historically...but maybe more accurately, how well he conforms to the general beliefs of the forum.
I brought this up in the "suggestions" subforum a while back, this would be awesome.

I now have weekly audio archives (aka my podcast) documenting my thoughts on players, so there's no denying when I miss on certain players! Lol
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat