Calling All (ALMOST) New Dynasty Players!

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Calling All (ALMOST) New Dynasty Players!

Postby Wolfjack » Wed May 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello all, my name is Lee and I`m a relative “old-timer” here on the DLF. I`ve helped form a few leagues and helped run a few leagues on behalf of other commissioners. I`ve seen some leagues be more successful than others and had a direct hand in one that didn`t turn out all that great! After a year-long sabbatical from the game, I`ve recently come back and joined one dynasty league. I`ve also spent time on the DLF forums looking around as I always did.

With the leagues coming on recently I see a trend with a new Veterans league and a Champions league, but we don't have a new player`s league. As stated in other threads, there can be concern over whether a new player would stick it out long term, but that is a risk every league runs.

I would consider starting a league for new players and being the Commissioner for it. A vital DLF community is dependent on new blood and I've seen a lot of people sign up, make a few posts and then disappear. We are a tight group here at the DLF, and for the most part that`s a good thing, but that may also be the reason some leave since they may feel that they don't belong. A league for new players could help with that.

I was considering a 12 team league with PPR and IDP to be hosted for free at ESPN. While further details would follow, getting a sense of the interest level now would be a good thing. The criteria are:

1. You should be reasonably new to dynasty football or just the DLF! Maybe you`re not in a dynasty league yet, but you can be! Existing dynasty league members will be considered if we can`t get 12 teams.

2. Commitment! Easier said than done over the long haul and hard to prove. Let`s put it this way. I`ve only seen one team ever be dropped when it was a winner the year prior. Winning at Dynasty Football isn`t just about the championship, it’s about the camaraderie and building your team over seasons. I`ve personally managed a team given up by an owner in last place and gone on to win the Championship that very year – it can happen with hard work and luck, so you should never give up.

3. Having fun as a player and a contributor. You get out of things what you put into them and this is no exception. There is no off-season in Dynasty Football!

Please feel free to express your interest with a post and PM to me. C`mon rookies, its time to get in the game!

EDITED: We`ve received some PM`s from players new to Dynasty, but not enough to form a league. So let`s open it up a fair bit. Please feel free to apply with as much Dynasty experience as you may have... but you`re still new to the DLF and have been looking for a home here.
Last edited by Wolfjack on Fri May 21, 2010 2:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Lee Deline

2006 United Dynasty League Inaugural Champion
GM of Waterloo Wolves - Member of the United Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Bandits - Commissioner of the Premier Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Reapers - Member of the DLF Charter League
GM of Waterloo Storm - Member of the DLF Charter League II

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Glad to see that you were able to get this going! Should be a great opportunity for those who haven't had the chance to get involved.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Good luck with the league Lee! Get your "applications" in fellas, Lee has a great reputation as a commissioner here at DLF and I'm sure the league will be a huge success!

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed May 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Great idea!

(Don't let Vince get to these newcomers, the first QB won't come off the board until 14th round of the inaugural draft)

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Wed May 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Good luck with the league Lee! Get your "applications" in fellas, Lee has a great reputation as a commissioner here at DLF and I'm sure the league will be a huge success!
I'm all over this like white on rice (as the saying goes) and on behalf of all new players to Dynasty Football, I would like to say thank you for stepping up and giving us a chance to prove that we can be just as committed if not more committed then veteran players. I'll be sending you a pm with an application here in the next few minutes.

Thanks again Lee.

Nick

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Wed May 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Good luck with the league Lee! Get your "applications" in fellas, Lee has a great reputation as a commissioner here at DLF and I'm sure the league will be a huge success!
Btw, hate your Steelers for ruining the Packers streak last season lol.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed May 19, 2010 7:20 pm

NickGB wrote:
:shock: application denied!

:lol: :lol:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 7:24 pm

NickGB wrote:
:wink:

Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Wolfjack » Wed May 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
NickGB wrote:
Hrm. He needs to take a closer look at the colour of my jersey in my avatar photo! :shock:

This Canadian belongs to STEELER NATION! 8-)

Oh, and PM received and one reply back at you Nick. Welcome aboard!
Lee Deline

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Wolfjack wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
NickGB wrote: Btw, hate your Steelers for ruining the Packers streak last season lol.
Hrm. He needs to take a closer look at the colour of my jersey in my avatar photo! :shock:

This Canadian belongs to STEELER NATION! 8-)

Oh, and PM received and one reply back at you Nick. Welcome aboard!
The STEELER Nation runs deep and far beyond the boarder... :lol: I like a guy with personality and a good sense of humor... :lol:

Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Wolfjack » Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Steelersfan wrote:The STEELER Nation runs deep and far beyond the boarder... :lol: I like a guy with personality and a good sense of humor... :lol:
Thanks Mark! I like me too. :wink: I know, I know... you mean Nick. Heh. :P

More PM`s received from some new folks. I won`t say its first come first served, but I am getting them faster than I thought.
Lee Deline

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Wolfjack wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:The STEELER Nation runs deep and far beyond the boarder... :lol: I like a guy with personality and a good sense of humor... :lol:

More PM`s received from some new folks. I won`t say its first come first served, but I am getting them faster than I thought.
Awsome news Lee!, maybe one day we can work out some sort of "promotion" type thing as the "Rookie" league champs get "promoted" into the "Veterans" league and "Veterans" league champs get promoted into the "Champions" League...I think that would be a great thing for the site!

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Wolfjack wrote:

Awsome news Lee!, maybe one day we can work out some sort of "promotion" type thing as the "Rookie" league champs get "promoted" into the "Veterans" league and "Veterans" league champs get promoted into the "Champions" League...I think that would be a great thing for the site!
Dang i like the sound of this. Smart man ;) lol

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 8:51 pm

pvballer3915 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
Wolfjack wrote: Thanks Mark! I like me too. :wink: I know, I know... you mean Nick. Heh. :P

Dang i like the sound of this. Smart man ;) lol
Thanks PV, here's my advise, start off in the "DLF Instructional League" yet to be founded first and then we will talk... :shock: :wink: :lol:

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:53 pm

I wont lie Mark, you lost me on that last one lol