Proposal for a QB (non ppr)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Proposal for a QB (non ppr)

Postby gunslinger » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm looking to try and acquire a qb from an owner that has too many currently on his roster. I'm getting ready to move M. Ryan to climb up in draft. With that being said, what would you offer for Alex Smith or Leinert? I'm positive he will be drafting a RB at 1.2. I don't have a problem making the trade bigger than just trading for a QB.

Here is his team...

QB: McNabb, Al. Smith, Kolb, Leinert
RB: P. Thomas, LT, McFadden, Jennings, Forsett
WR: Calvin, Marshall, TO, Mossaqui, L. Murphy
TE: Celek, Carlson

Pick: 1.2, 2.2

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Proposal for a QB (non ppr)

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:11 pm

gunslinger wrote:I'm looking to try and acquire a qb from an owner that has too many currently on his roster. I'm getting ready to move M. Ryan to climb up in draft. With that being said, what would you offer for Alex Smith or Leinert? I'm positive he will be drafting a RB at 1.2. I don't have a problem making the trade bigger than just trading for a QB.

Here is his team...

QB: McNabb, Al. Smith, Kolb, Leinert
RB: P. Thomas, LT, McFadden, Jennings, Forsett
WR: Calvin, Marshall, TO, Mossaqui, L. Murphy
TE: Celek, Carlson

Pick: 1.2, 2.2
why on earth would you want to move matty ice...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:18 pm

I have no issue with trading Ryan if there were a reason to do so. But your roster is solid with no real needs. I'm curious what the ultimate goal is here?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:38 pm

skip wrote:I have no issue with trading Ryan if there were a reason to do so. But your roster is solid with no real needs. I'm curious what the ultimate goal is here?
you already have the 1.5 and 1.9 picks....

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:43 pm

so your looking to move ryan for alex smith and a pick? QB's have a massive bust potential and while ryan may never be peyton manning, he is no bust
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:51 pm

I wouldn't give much more than a 2nd round pick for either Leinart or Smith. I agree with moving Ryan though since Rodgers is your franchise QB. I would look to move him in a package for an upgrade at WR.

gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Postby gunslinger » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:35 pm

I play M. Ryan one game a year. I'm in the process of trading (different team) M. Ryan and 1.5 for 1.3, Henne, and 2.3. This would allow me to get either Matthews, Spiller or Dez (probably Dez). When this gets completed, I will be left with A-Rod, Henne, and T. Jackson at QB. I think I could get 1 of these 2 QB's from him cheap, since he is going to have to move 1 of them. It's not a move that I have to make, just thinking I could get good value there.

ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ghost » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:52 pm

gunslinger wrote:I play M. Ryan one game a year. I'm in the process of trading (different team) M. Ryan and 1.5 for 1.3, Henne, and 2.3. This would allow me to get either Matthews, Spiller or Dez (probably Dez). When this gets completed, I will be left with A-Rod, Henne, and T. Jackson at QB. I think I could get 1 of these 2 QB's from him cheap, since he is going to have to move 1 of them. It's not a move that I have to make, just thinking I could get good value there.
So you're moving Ryan to move up to 1.03 right? And you still want Smith or Leinart from a different owner. Why not just offer your Ryan/1.05 for Smith/Leinart/1.02?

gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Postby gunslinger » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:55 pm

The owner will not come off of the 2.

ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ghost » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:02 pm

You don't need to offer anymore than the 2.3 you will acquire if you decide to move up to 1.3.

gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Postby gunslinger » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Both offers are now off the table. I am going to work on coming up with something new.