Some Overall Team Advice Needed

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Some Overall Team Advice Needed

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 am

I am in a 16 team contract league, I am not really worried about contracts and such right now as there are some resigning rights and such that will work out for me.

Anyways I am just looking for an overall evaluation of my team right now, the draft is to start May 1st, and the only pick i have is 2.1 so 17th overall. Also FA bidding is going to start around Late May. So how does my team look thus far...

QB - Aaron Rodgers GB - $8/5
WR - Greg Jennings GB - $8/4
WR - Derrick Mason BAL - $3/2
WR - Jeremy Maclin PHI - $1/2
RB - DeAngelo Williams CAR - $1/4
RB - Chris Johnson TEN - $8/1
TE - Zach Miller OAK - $1/5
W/R - Michael Bush (RB) OAK - $4/3

That is my starting lineup and is my whole lineup at this point, it is 0.5 PPR.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:06 am

I think it's a solid roster but I would be a little concerned with your WR2 as Mason is now dealing with Boldin and I'm not sure how Maclin will be with Kolb and the Philly offense spreading the ball around so much.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Yea, I'd be a little worried at WR2, but I have decent hopes for Maclin. Your team is very good for a 16 team league and its expected to have some sort weakness just due to the amount of teams which spreads the talent thinner. It's very hard to be "strong" at every position with 16 teams, unless you leaguemates aren't the most committed to the league.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Some Overall Team Advice Needed

Postby meineymoe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Who Dey~Cincy wrote: QB - Aaron Rodgers GB - $8/5
WR - Greg Jennings GB - $8/4
WR - Derrick Mason BAL - $3/2
WR - Jeremy Maclin PHI - $1/2
RB - DeAngelo Williams CAR - $1/4
RB - Chris Johnson TEN - $8/1
TE - Zach Miller OAK - $1/5
W/R - Michael Bush (RB) OAK - $4/3

That is my starting lineup and is my whole lineup at this point, it is 0.5 PPR.
wow, with that W/R flex position, you have more offensive starter requirements than any of my 16 team leagues. That said, you did great to have Williams and Johnson as your RBs to team with Rodgers at QB.

Obviously, as others pointed out, WR is your weakness. If this is not an IDP league, then the 17th pick is a crapshoot, though you might find a decent WR prospect there. That's what I would focus on. If Mason plays this year, and Maclin develops, you'll do fine, but #1 priority in free agency and the draft is WR!

good luck. -oo-