2011 Rookie Mock Draft

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dlf_kenk
Administrator

2011 Rookie Mock Draft

Postby dlf_kenk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Next year looks like a weak draft and you even went out on a limb and included Ryan Williams.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:00 am

Locker over Mallett? I dunno...Mallett seems to have all the tools to be a fantastic QB. UNBELIEVABLE arm on that kid.

Green and Jones are 2 very intriguing WR prospects as well. RB class seems awfully weak though
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:36 am

Indygator wrote:Locker over Mallett? I dunno...Mallett seems to have all the tools to be a fantastic QB. UNBELIEVABLE arm on that kid.

Green and Jones are 2 very intriguing WR prospects as well. RB class seems awfully weak though

X2 on Mallett, one of the best QB prospects I've seen in a long time, pretty silly for Rich Rodriguez to run him out of Michigan! The arm strength and size could vault Mallett to the top of the board next season!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

dlf_kenk
Administrator

Locker v Mallett

Postby dlf_kenk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:49 am

I figured that was coming as a source of controversy!

I see both of them as first round dynasty prospects. My assumption is that Locker reaches his potential this next season. That certainly may or may not happen. In fact, if both were in the 2010 Draft, I'd pick Mallett over Locker. Mallett has the rocket arm and more than adequate "Jolly Green Giant" size, but doesn't have near the athletic abilitly of Locker. If Jake can keep improving his accuracy and decision making processes under Sarkisian, I believe he can be a Steve Young type of threat in the NFL. I believe in Bobby Petrino's ability to develop college QBs, but his track record of NFL success isn't great as of late with Stefan LeFors, Brian Brohm, etc., either. It's true that Sark has Leinart, Booty, etc,. as well, but I see Locker as a different type of animal.

I think this discussion will be going on for the next 12 months...

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Locker v Mallett

Postby Devil's Advocate » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:37 pm

dlf_kenk wrote:I figured that was coming as a source of controversy!

I see both of them as first round dynasty prospects. My assumption is that Locker reaches his potential this next season. That certainly may or may not happen. In fact, if both were in the 2010 Draft, I'd pick Mallett over Locker. Mallett has the rocket arm and more than adequate "Jolly Green Giant" size, but doesn't have near the athletic abilitly of Locker. If Jake can keep improving his accuracy and decision making processes under Sarkisian, I believe he can be a Steve Young type of threat in the NFL. I believe in Bobby Petrino's ability to develop college QBs, but his track record of NFL success isn't great as of late with Stefan LeFors, Brian Brohm, etc., either. It's true that Sark has Leinart, Booty, etc,. as well, but I see Locker as a different type of animal.

I think this discussion will be going on for the next 12 months...

I love seeing early projections like this as it leads to great conversations.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Once upon a time, Jevan Snead was a #1 or 2 QB prospect. Ahhhh... the good ol' days. :lol:

Unless the unthinkable happens, Locker and Mallett will be top 10 prospects next year.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Shawn wrote:
Indygator wrote:Locker over Mallett? I dunno...Mallett seems to have all the tools to be a fantastic QB. UNBELIEVABLE arm on that kid.

X2 on Mallett, one of the best QB prospects I've seen in a long time, pretty silly for Rich Rodriguez to run him out of Michigan! The arm strength and size could vault Mallett to the top of the board next season!
Best thing that could've happened to Mallett. He'll be thanking Rodriguez and Michigan come 2011 draft day...

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Shawn wrote:

Mallett is cumbersome, injury prone and has sloppy throwing mechanics that leads to accuracy issues. Arm strength and size are two attributes that catapulted JaMarcus Russell to the top spot too. Locker would have been the guy this year. If he doesn't take a Bradford-esque tumble he'll be the guy in 2011 too.

I'm not saying Mallett isn't a top 10 pick just that he shouldn't go ahead of Locker today.