Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Patterson to Patriots

Postby whodunnit » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:47 pm
GLSmk wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:45 pm Decker retires... Dez an option? CPatt is looking like an actual piece of the puzzle for the pats this year.
Where is the volume coming from? Especially when Edelman returns
I'm sure if they're keeping him on the roster they have a plan for him. Not to mention Hogan, Edelman and Gronk all miss games which would probably put CP in contention for a decent amount of snaps
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:27 pm

We all know how demanding the Patriots can be - so I have to admit a little part of me was always expecting Patterson to get cut because he couldnt handle the required workload (after all guys like Ochocinco & Decker did not make it) - yes I know the default answer is to say that they took him for special teams skill - but then why did they not use him to return any kickoffs or punts during the pre-season ... - so now I am becoming more intrigued to see how this plays out.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:46 am

He's a sneaky add that I think could pay off nicely. They said they wanted to use him as a wr and shown that in preseason

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:49 am

NESN wrote: With Michel unavailable, wide receiver/kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson — not James White or Kenjon Barner — started at running back against the Buffalo Bills, lining up in an I-formation behind quarterback James White and fullback James Develin on New England’s first offensive play.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 am

I was going to try to find this thread. Nice work.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 am

Realized that NESN article has a typo- James White didn’t start at QB did he?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:11 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 am Realized that NESN article has a typo- James White didn’t start at QB did he?
Dont think so. That would make the quote, and this thread, much better though

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:11 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 am Realized that NESN article has a typo- James White didn’t start at QB did he?
Dont think so. That would make the quote, and this thread, much better though
He was the star WR though

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:43 am

James White on pace for 110 receptions.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:35 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:49 am
NESN wrote: With Michel unavailable, wide receiver/kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson — not James White or Kenjon Barner — started at running back against the Buffalo Bills, lining up in an I-formation behind quarterback James White and fullback James Develin on New England’s first offensive play.
This thread was about whether he could be a *good* RB, a fantasy viable RB, in 2016... I don't think this article was whether on the Pats Frankenstein RB core CPatt could get one start in 2018, rush for 38 yards on 10 carries, in an entirely meaningless one-off. If anything 10 for 38 proves what I was saying the whole time. That includes one carry of 22 yards and 9 more carries for 16 yards. They could line him up at it, he couldn't play the position at the NFL level with consistency and success. And I picture Kyle Kinane sarcastically saying this, "But yeti, but yeti there are lots of NFL RBs who play that bad, he can be just as bad as they are"... You are King Troll my friend. "He lined up at RB for a game, you guys were wrong" (checks actual facts, turns out it's the opposite, of course)
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:17 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:07 pmIs the fact that I have Christine Michael rostered supposed to make your first dig at me hurt or something? There is a difference between believing a player may have remaining *utility* for your roster construction and believing he will be a starter. I have spoken in the past on the merits of why it is not yet determined to be a fool's errand to roster Michael. I will share those with you if you wish. RB is one of the simplest positions to play scheme-wise, not skill-set-wise. The people who play it have played it for likely almost their whole life, and the reason they rose to the level to play it in the NFL was because of their ability to do so. It isn't hard to learn a new team's scheme at RB, it IS hard if not impossible to play the position at an NFL level if you have never played it before. The fact that you think that being an NFL RB is showing you can run behind blockers on KRs and reverses, you have a lot to learn. If you think that transitioning from WR to RB has to do with simply work ethic, you have a lot to learn. Really, you just have a lot to learn.
Emphasis mine.
_yeti wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:07 pm Did I have an elitist attitude, arrogant when unnecessary in this thread? Maybe so, but this pushed a button for me and I will tell you why. First off, I wouldn't say elitist, I would say informed. Second, why this bothered me is I spend a decent amount of my time on my roster, on this site, and on this forum. Are we adults with a serious strategic hobby? Or are we twelve years old arguing whether Hulk can beat up Thor? Why does it make me not want to be here? Because it degrades the hobby and makes us look like stupid internet fanboys who don't understand real football (which I feel doesn't apply to at least some of us).
Again, emphasis mine.
_yeti wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:04 pmI said that the skill set required can't be taught. That is in reference to the strength, power, and explosiveness that Karlos and McKinnon possess, to name those two since we are on it. Jarryd Hayne also had a similar build and skill set and had a much better shot at converting to NFL RB than a 6'2 finesse WR.
Whoa boy.

You know, we don't sit here and laugh at everybody who's wrong. The reason why we had so much fun laughing at you in this thread is that your general demeanor is wildly off-putting. You went way out of your way to be a jerk to the OP, and then it turned out your premise was flimsy and you weren't able to defend it without looking like a tool, but you also just can't walk away from being made fun of. The way you behave makes it fun to make fun of you.

As for Cordarelle Patterson's start at running back for the defending AFC champs proving your point that the thread asking if a team could convert him to RB was dumb, well

Here's some unsolicited advice- you will come across 1000% less like a tool if you just capitulate that you were wrong (and a jerk about it). Or you could keep raging on about your super serious hobby. I will have fun either way, I promise.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:50 pm

You are the worst poster on this forum, even the name you chose shows reflects that you know you are a POS. You are the type of person who makes the forum seem like a complete waste of time. Trying to talk to you is and has always been a waste of time. I invite anyone to read through the whole thread as I stand by everything I said. I feel sorry for the people who have to talk to you in real life.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:16 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:17 pm Here's some unsolicited advice- you will come across 1000% less like a tool if you just capitulate that you were wrong (and a jerk about it). Or you could keep raging on about your super serious hobby. I will have fun either way, I promise.
_yeti wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:50 pmYou are the worst poster on this forum, even the name you chose shows reflects that you know you are a POS. You are the type of person who makes the forum seem like a complete waste of time. Trying to talk to you is and has always been a waste of time. I invite anyone to read through the whole thread as I stand by everything I said. I feel sorry for the people who have to talk to you in real life.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:07 pm

I owned Cordarelle Patterson back when he was a prospect on the Vikings. I haven't kept up with him since I dropped him a few years ago.

From what I remember from back then, he had a lot of trouble with learning the playbook and his route running. The Vikings designed a few plays specifically for him just to get him the ball. Some of those plays involved running schemes. He did okay with those running plays, but the Vikings had AP at that time, and CPatt fell out of favor in Minnesota due to his inability to learn the playbook and his routes.

He also did good at kick off returns. The guy is/was very fast.

I could see CPatt being useful and good in a Ty Montgomery type RB/WR role.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:32 pm

*gets popcorn
Hey we bringing back the dust up thread??