Zeke plus what for Cooper

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
JT2
Role Player
Role Player

Zeke plus what for Cooper

Postby JT2 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Kicking around this idea with another owner about swapping Zeke for Cooper but he wants a pick to go with it. What would be a fair price (pick) to add. DLF has Cooper ranked #5 and Zeke #16. Since he's a diehard Cowboy fan and I'm a diehard Raider fan I think we are both operating off our collective man crushes.
Team #1
QB: Brady Goff Lauletta
RB: JHoward Collins RoJo DMartin Barber Warren Lindsay White
WR: Julio Edelman Baldwin Tate Funchess Anderson ZJones Ateman Callaway Kumerow
TE: Cook Walker Ertz
K: Gostkowski

Team #2
QB - Wentz, Hurts
RB - Dobbins, Jacobs, Sermon, Singletary, DHenderson
WR - Higgins, VJefferson, Sutton, Quez, Berrios
TE - Andrews, Irving Jr, Rudolph
DL - JPP, Allen, Nassim, Wolfe
LB - JBrown, MHarrison, RWilson
S - Savage, Jackson

Boxseed
Captain
Captain

Re: Zeke plus what for Cooper

Postby Boxseed » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:37 pm

JT2 wrote:Kicking around this idea with another owner about swapping Zeke for Cooper but he wants a pick to go with it. What would be a fair price (pick) to add. DLF has Cooper ranked #5 and Zeke #16. Since he's a diehard Cowboy fan and I'm a diehard Raider fan I think we are both operating off our collective man crushes.
I wouldn't add much start at a 3rd rd pick and stop at a 2nd..
1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 2 flex 1 D
Qb: luck cam Brady
Rb: Barkley, Mixon, mccaffrey, kerryon
Wr: k.allen,cooper, green, Hilton, Davis, Kirk,
Te: Kelce

Picks:
4 2020 1st

12tm 1qb 2rb 2wr 3 flex
Team 2
Rodgers Rivers Cousins
Barkley, kamara, cmac , R.freeman,
Nuk, Evans, hill, d.adams, scantling c.davis
Engram, ertz

2020 2 2nds

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:58 pm

JT2 wrote:Kicking around this idea with another owner about swapping Zeke for Cooper but he wants a pick to go with it. What would be a fair price (pick) to add. DLF has Cooper ranked #5 and Zeke #16. Since he's a diehard Cowboy fan and I'm a diehard Raider fan I think we are both operating off our collective man crushes.
I would need a first on top of it to consider moving Cooper for Zeke. Cooper has proven he can play at the NFL level, and is a much safer player to own. You would probably have to give up a first, but certainly work your way to that. Start with a 3rd, as someone else suggested. If you have to give up a first, see if you can get a 2nd back. A lot of people would be hesitant to give up any 2017 first, because of their value, and I wouldn't blame them, but I can tell you, as a Cooper owner in multiple leagues, there is no chance I move Amari for Zeke unless I am getting a 2017 first back coming my way.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:46 am

I'd want a lot added to the unproven, no NFL gametime RB side to even think about giving up a proven NFL receiver.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:43 am

95dent wrote:I'd want a lot added to the unproven, no NFL gametime RB side to even think about giving up a proven NFL receiver.
I agree. But that's not what the market is saying. Frankly this is why I sold Zeke in the one league I landed the 1.01.

As the the OP question - I'd start with a future 2nd, move up from there to a prospect type player (Abdullah, Agholor, Wheaton, etc.) and if I had to I'd probably cough up a future first. I see a much higher floor on Cooper's value than Elliot's. Elliot is already priced as if he is going to be a 1500 yard back. He probably will, but I'm risk averse enough to trade out of him and in to a guy that I think has a floor of something like WR15 (which is a weekly starter for the foreseeable future).

apti
Rookie
Rookie

Postby apti » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:32 am

FWIW I've noticed them having relatively similar ADP in startup drafts. Cooper is usually a mid-late 1st, and Zeke is usually a mid 1st-early 2nd. You find the right owner and you might be able to get the deal done straight up. Me, I'm needing a 1st on top of Zeke to move Cooper.

JT2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JT2 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:46 am

Thanks fellas! No way I'd add a 1st to Zeke for Cooper to be honest. I believe Zeke's value even as an unproven player is pretty high. If anything I'd wait until Zeke has some quality game tape before revisiting since I do believe he will prove to be an elite RB in that situation. If I do push for an early trade I'll start with the 3rd and stop at the 2nd or offer Agholor.
Team #1

Team #2
QB - Wentz, Hurts
S - Savage, Jackson

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:14 am

I think you're right, wouldn't add very much to Zeke. There are plenty of top end WR's somebody will ship off for Zeke. I'd be moving him if I had him, I can't take the crazy hype. Gives me bad feelings
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:29 am

JT2 wrote:Thanks fellas! No way I'd add a 1st to Zeke for Cooper to be honest. I believe Zeke's value even as an unproven player is pretty high. If anything I'd wait until Zeke has some quality game tape before revisiting since I do believe he will prove to be an elite RB in that situation. If I do push for an early trade I'll start with the 3rd and stop at the 2nd or offer Agholor.
As a Cooper owner there is no way I take anything less than a 1st with Zeke. Zeke's value is out of control.

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:52 am

Let's assume the DLF rankings are on point. What do you think it would cost you to move up to the 1.05 from the 2.04 in a startup? A 2017 2? Lol. Paying a 2017 1st is cheap. Offering a 2017 3rd is insulting. I've got a couple of shares of Zeke, but I'm well aware his value is hyper-inflated. Amari plays a more valuable position and has already proven he belongs. I'm not one to bang the "he's never played a down" drum, because that matters much less for RB than for just about every other position, but Amari is worth considerably more, no matter how you slice it.

JT2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JT2 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:42 pm

JJDubya wrote:
Let's assume the DLF rankings are on point. What do you think it would cost you to move up to the 1.05 from the 2.04 in a startup? A 2017 2? Lol. Paying a 2017 1st is cheap. Offering a 2017 3rd is insulting. I've got a couple of shares of Zeke, but I'm well aware his value is hyper-inflated. Amari plays a more valuable position and has already proven he belongs. I'm not one to bang the "he's never played a down" drum, because that matters much less for RB than for just about every other position, but Amari is worth considerably more, no matter how you slice it.
I tend to think the rankings are pretty off to be honest. I have Cooper in the top 5 or so but I also have Zeke top 12 which is a late first. DLF ranked Zeke #16 but latest ADP (June) has Zeke going #9 and Cooper #7 so the gap is nowhere near as wide based on where people are drafting in startups. I agree Zeke's value is inflated but I also believe there is a lot of evidence to say that Zeke is about as can't miss at RB as you can get when you factor in that line and the production other RBs have produced in the last 2 years in that offense. Not to mention in my opinion he has a better skillset than Murray or McFadden.
Team #1

Team #2
QB - Wentz, Hurts
S - Savage, Jackson

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 pm

I'd only add a 2nd if I was loaded at RB and needed a WR.