Who's Your 1.1?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who's Your 1.1?

Dez Bryant
39%
C.J. Spiller
20%
Jahvid Best
No votes
Arrelious Benn
No votes
Ryan Matthews
35%
Other
7%

Total votes: 46

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Who's Your 1.1?

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Who's your 1.1 in this years draft class? Assume no team need, PPR...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Spiller and Bryant seem a clear cut 1-2 from this class whichever way you put them. I can see the possibility of only one other RB going in the first round and no other WRs.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm

I voted Matthews because he's in the mix for top RB, and I'm assuming he goes to Chargers.

So, NFL draft day could change my mind....

-oo-

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:49 pm

i went with bryant but could as easily gone with mathews. draft day may change that order though.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Just chose Bryant cause' he seems to be the closest to a "sure" thing. Where as, I'm hearing that Spiller may be more of a situational type player. Love Mathews if he lands in SD, but not assured of that either, so that left Bryant.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 pm

this drafts really kicking my but.. i got 1.4.. and based on what I know about the people picking at 1,2,3 I think I have a serious shot at dez bryant.. I don't need another young WR since I drafted hicks, maclin and crabtree last year.. but damn based on this site if I can get him at 1.4 its an absolute steal... either that or trade down and get teabow who I am higher then most on
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Like Meiney, I like Mathews, and if he goes to the Bolts that will solidify the ranking. I personaly have him as the top rb in this class, but situation will likely dictate an accurate ranking.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:05 pm

MrUbuto wrote:this drafts really kicking my but.. i got 1.4.. and based on what I know about the people picking at 1,2,3 I think I have a serious shot at dez bryant.. I don't need another young WR since I drafted hicks, maclin and crabtree last year.. but damn based on this site if I can get him at 1.4 its an absolute steal... either that or trade down and get teabow who I am higher then most on
I would rather have a used teabag, than a tebow

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:06 pm

MrUbuto wrote:this drafts really kicking my but.. i got 1.4.. and based on what I know about the people picking at 1,2,3 I think I have a serious shot at dez bryant.. I don't need another young WR since I drafted hicks, maclin and crabtree last year.. but damn based on this site if I can get him at 1.4 its an absolute steal... either that or trade down and get teabow who I am higher then most on
it really makes a difference what your league is like. For instance, I'm in a 20 team league which starts 2 RB and 3 WR. So that's 40 RBs and 60 WRs starting every week. As you can imagine, it's a lot harder to find an RB to start.

I have pick 1.3 in that league - I'm sure I'll get the leftover of Dwyer, Spiller and Matthews, or maybe someone else sneaking in there depending on situation...

-oo-

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:30 pm

i voted bryant. hes 6'2 , jumps out of the roof, and makes amazing catches.... what else would you want? closest thing to larry fitz there is probably.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 am

meineymoe wrote:
it really makes a difference what your league is like. For instance, I'm in a 20 team league which starts 2 RB and 3 WR. So that's 40 RBs and 60 WRs starting every week. As you can imagine, it's a lot harder to find an RB to start.

I have pick 1.3 in that league - I'm sure I'll get the leftover of Dwyer, Spiller and Matthews, or maybe someone else sneaking in there depending on situation...

-oo-
my leagues a 12 team league start 2rb and 2wr or 1rb and 3wr - ppr. If you had a choice over Dwyer, Bryant or matthews who do you take? based on my roster below. I need a stud here, and I'm a big proponent of Best player available. If I take ANOTHER (potential)stud WR this free's me up to move one for that RB that I desperately need OR just take Dwyer and hope he's my guy, I have time to let a RB mature, I'm not winning any titles anytime soon.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:41 am

bigcsr67 wrote:
I would rather have a used teabag, than a tebow
also can someone explain this to me?? I've been hearing this for awhile now from the ESPN talking heads. based on my own humble research he seems comparable to ben rothlisberger.. 6'3 240 4.7 40 time and ben is 6'5 240 and 4.9 40 times. also there college numbers are very similar and tim had a much harder defensive schedule in college. ben went 11th overall. I think the whole teabow case is just a case of the media reporting on the media.. this is the same reason brady quinn went so high.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 am

i voted bryant. hes 6'2 , jumps out of the roof, and makes amazing catches.... what else would you want? closest thing to larry fitz there is probably.
thewhyterabbit- I would be interested if you could start a thread on Bryant, so we could get more info and chat on him. Planning on using 1:2 on him, but really don't watch college much at all. Many top college WR'S don't become #1 in NFL. Many say he definitely will. Would especially like to hear from guys that have watched a lot of college over the years.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 am

Depends on what happens at draft time. (No vote)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Pre Draft - Bryan because hes the surest pick.

Post Draft - Maybe Matthews if he goes somewhere like HOU or SD.