CJ Spiller - Bush Comparisons

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

CJ Spiller - Bush Comparisons

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 pm

So over the past couple months, I have heard quite a few comparisons of CJ Spiller to Reggie Bush. Well I can see a NFL team being very interested in a player like that - versatile RB, receiving threat, return man, I am trying to see how this affects his fantasy value. I mean some Bush owners could probably get little more than a bag of trash for him as of late. So, do people expect Spiller to fill some sort of similar role or will he have the chance to get 20 carries a game in the NFL?
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: CJ Spiller - Bush Comparisons

Postby Pilate » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 am

GridIronFavre wrote:So over the past couple months, I have heard quite a few comparisons of CJ Spiller to Reggie Bush. Well I can see a NFL team being very interested in a player like that - versatile RB, receiving threat, return man, I am trying to see how this affects his fantasy value. I mean some Bush owners could probably get little more than a bag of trash for him as of late. So, do people expect Spiller to fill some sort of similar role or will he have the chance to get 20 carries a game in the NFL?
Spiller is going to need a team that can emphasize and utilize his strength, and that is his explosive vertical speed. Spiller is Chris Johnsonesque with his top gear and is magical as he pulls away from defenders.

An every down RB CJ is not. But the most athletically gifted back he is and has all the gifts to be great if utilized correctly ala Reggie Bush before injuries got the best of him.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Pilate wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote:So over the past couple months, I have heard quite a few comparisons of CJ Spiller to Reggie Bush. Well I can see a NFL team being very interested in a player like that - versatile RB, receiving threat, return man, I am trying to see how this affects his fantasy value. I mean some Bush owners could probably get little more than a bag of trash for him as of late. So, do people expect Spiller to fill some sort of similar role or will he have the chance to get 20 carries a game in the NFL?
Spiller is going to need a team that can emphasize and utilize his strength, and that is his explosive vertical speed. Spiller is Chris Johnsonesque with his top gear and is magical as he pulls away from defenders.

An every down RB CJ is not. But the most athletically gifted back he is and has all the gifts to be great if utilized correctly ala Reggie Bush before injuries got the best of him.
comparring him to reggie bush does not excite me. I wasn't high om reggie when he was coming out of UFC and I not high on himnow.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:56 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
Pilate wrote:

comparring him to reggie bush does not excite me. I wasn't high om reggie when he was coming out of UFC and I not high on himnow.
I didn't know Reggie was a fighter??? :lol:

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
MrUbuto wrote:
Pilate wrote: Spiller is going to need a team that can emphasize and utilize his strength, and that is his explosive vertical speed. Spiller is Chris Johnsonesque with his top gear and is magical as he pulls away from defenders.

He has the body for it.. :lol:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:54 pm

BradyT wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
MrUbuto wrote: comparring him to reggie bush does not excite me. I wasn't high om reggie when he was coming out of UFC and I not high on himnow.
if he has a body of a MMA fighter then why is he to much of a bleep that he can't he run between the tackles?

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 pm

grimace wrote:
BradyT wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I didn't know Reggie was a fighter??? :lol:
if he has a body of a MMA fighter then why is he to much of a bleep that he can't he run between the tackles?

you gotta ask him that yourself :wink:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
MrUbuto wrote:
Pilate wrote: Spiller is going to need a team that can emphasize and utilize his strength, and that is his explosive vertical speed. Spiller is Chris Johnsonesque with his top gear and is magical as he pulls away from defenders.

lol.. I musta been watching UFC at the time or somthing haha
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted