Senior Bowl game discussion

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

I watched the game a little late tonight. Here are the players that stood out to me in a good way:

Brandon Graham
Dan Williams
Sean Weatherspoon
LaGarrette Blount
Ben Tate
Perrish Cox
Vladimir Ducasse
Brandon Lang (he had a couple nice flashes)

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

PS....I know he had a good game as far as stats go but I was underwhelmed by Mardy Gilyard...am I the only one??

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:12 pm

hosler427 wrote:PS....I know he had a good game as far as stats go but I was underwhelmed by Mardy Gilyard...am I the only one??
I was too. After all the hype I expected a little more. Another that impressed was Jarrett Brown.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:22 pm

highballers wrote:
hosler427 wrote:PS....I know he had a good game as far as stats go but I was underwhelmed by Mardy Gilyard...am I the only one??
I was too. After all the hype I expected a little more. Another that impressed was Jarrett Brown.
I think Brown would be a good developmental pick for a team. He has a stronger arm than I thought but he has some work to do. I like LeFevour as well for another developmental guy.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Blount looked tough tonight, I think he will be a nice guy to put in a tandem backfield. He could help a lot of teams that are in need of a power runner. He is like a mini Brandon Jacobs, even at 245 that is a mini Jacobs. What teams do you think might want to pick him up??? I could see him in Miami, Houston, San Diego, Detroit, Cleveland, to name a few. He is a 2nd to 3rd round guy.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:27 am

hosler427 wrote:I watched the game a little late tonight. Here are the players that stood out to me in a good way:

Brandon Graham
Dan Williams
Sean Weatherspoon
LaGarrette Blount
Ben Tate
Perrish Cox
Vladimir Ducasse
geno atkins also was UNBLOCKABLE.... great showing by him.

gilyard isnt a guy that will go up and take the ball away from defenders... i thought he showing was ok... i think hes good enough to be a supporting reciever.. but never a number one. the williams guy from tulane was pretty impressive.. he made some nice catches...

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:00 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
hosler427 wrote:I watched the game a little late tonight. Here are the players that stood out to me in a good way:

Brandon Graham
Dan Williams
Sean Weatherspoon
LaGarrette Blount
Ben Tate
Perrish Cox
Vladimir Ducasse
geno atkins also was UNBLOCKABLE.... great showing by him.

gilyard isnt a guy that will go up and take the ball away from defenders... i thought he showing was ok... i think hes good enough to be a supporting reciever.. but never a number one. the williams guy from tulane was pretty impressive.. he made some nice catches...
Iupati got smoked by Atkins while he was at RG. Iupati could be spotted holding guys a few times in the game. He did look better at RG and powered through guys in order to make good blocks at the second level. Still, against the rush he could not contain his man several times during the game and held the crap out of some guys. I think this 'he can play tackle' talk might die down a bit - who knows? I do know that he didn't impress the way he thought he would in pass-pro. Run-blocking he held once, too, but was generally good and can really lock guys up at both levels. He was interesting to watch. Geno Atkins ran through Iupati like he wasn't there a couple of times.

Gilyard looked unimpressive. Not as fast on the field as I might have hoped. He didn't stand out to me.

Blount had a couple nice runs. I thought he looked good moves-wise, but kind of slow. I'm interested to see how he does at the Combine/Pro-Day.

Dan Williams and Cody together is like Williams Wall v2.0 Crazy. :shock: