Anthony Dixon Weighed In Huge

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
dmacizdman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Anthony Dixon Weighed In Huge

Postby dmacizdman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Mississippi State RB Anthony Dixon measured a hulking 6'1/245 at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.

And it wasn't fat. Dixon, the 2009 SEC rushing leader, is drawing rave reviews for "impressive bulk" in the lower body and upper-body strength. A four-year starter, he missed just one game in his career while also catching 56 passes. Dixon could really help himself by running in the 4.5s this February.
i can honestly say i don't know much about college prospects, but this is the time of year i dive in for the rookie drafts. this guy is huge and durable. can anyone tell me about him? he going to translate well to the NFL?

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Anthony Dixon Weighed In Huge

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:24 pm

dmacizdman wrote:
Mississippi State RB Anthony Dixon measured a hulking 6'1/245 at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.

And it wasn't fat. Dixon, the 2009 SEC rushing leader, is drawing rave reviews for "impressive bulk" in the lower body and upper-body strength. A four-year starter, he missed just one game in his career while also catching 56 passes. Dixon could really help himself by running in the 4.5s this February.
i can honestly say i don't know much about college prospects, but this is the time of year i dive in for the rookie drafts. this guy is huge and durable. can anyone tell me about him? he going to translate well to the NFL?
He's rated highly by some of the better sports sites that cover NFL draft prospects. I favor him over guys such as Charles Scott, Gerhart, Stafon Johnson and others.

According to one site, he is the #5 rated Senior Running Back, just behind Ryan Matthews. They also list him at 6'1" 245 and show 4.59 as his 40-time. That's a load to bring down. I'll be curious how he performs at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He looks like a beast. In fact, you never want to meet this guy in a dark alley by the looks of him:

01/25/10 - Senior Bowl, A few players who helped themselves during the weigh-ins were: NFL teams looking for bullish backs will be certain to keep an eye on Mississippi State's Anthony Dixon and Oregon LaGarrette Blount, each of whom measured in at an eye-popping 245 pounds. Their weight certainly wasn't due to extra slices of pizza following their seasons. Trim waistlines and thick lower bodies should aid in their transition to the NFL. - Rob Rang
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 am

Mississippi State RB Anthony Dixon worked out at fullback during Senior Bowl practice Monday.

While Dixon looks the part of a fullback at 6'1/245, he is a tailback and is much more likely to stay there in the pros. Wes Bunting of the National Football Post projects Dixon as a first-year starter in the league who'd probably fit best in a power-blocking scheme. With a bulldozing running style and smooth receiving skills, Dixon has the look of a top-50 overall selection.
Rotoworld

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 am

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 am

I just stopped by to post the same link. Good read ^^^
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Madalex
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Madalex » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:22 pm

I wanted to see him in the game and never did ..... did I miss something or did he get hurt?
Wolfpack Dynasty Roster (12 developmental players + 1 Franchise Player) ($# is players salary)
Franchise Player '11 ($20): M.Austin (Wr/Dal)
QB's: M.Stafford($3)
RB's: J.Addai($24), D.Williams($24), R.Mathews($2), M.Ingram($1), R.Williams($1), K.Hunter($1), S.Vereen($1) & J.Rodgers($1)
WR's: A.Collie ($3), J.Nelson ($8)
TE's: D.Clark ($25)
Start: 1Qb, 2Rb, 3Wr, 1Flex (RB, Wr or Te), 1Te, 1K'er, 1ST, 1HC and 3IDP

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Madalex wrote:I wanted to see him in the game and never did ..... did I miss something or did he get hurt?
he nor hardesty ever got to play.... hmmmmm

Madalex
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Madalex » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 pm

were they trying to keep him under wraps?
Wolfpack Dynasty Roster (12 developmental players + 1 Franchise Player) ($# is players salary)
Franchise Player '11 ($20): M.Austin (Wr/Dal)
QB's: M.Stafford($3)
RB's: J.Addai($24), D.Williams($24), R.Mathews($2), M.Ingram($1), R.Williams($1), K.Hunter($1), S.Vereen($1) & J.Rodgers($1)
WR's: A.Collie ($3), J.Nelson ($8)
TE's: D.Clark ($25)
Start: 1Qb, 2Rb, 3Wr, 1Flex (RB, Wr or Te), 1Te, 1K'er, 1ST, 1HC and 3IDP