Super Bowl - New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Super Bowl - New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Postby hosler427 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:39 am

Just curious on what everyone's thoughts are about this game. Also I would love to hear what everyone's Super Bowl routines are....Do you have big parties? What do you do?

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:44 am

I think this has potential to be a highly entertaining game! In the end I think the Colts will have it though.

As far as my Super Bowl routine. We have a long standing tradition. There is a group of about 5-6 of us that go out for breakfast the morning of the game. My wife then brings a group of us in a van to the site of the party. This year and last year we have had it at a friends barn. It looks like an abandoned barn on the outside but he has it set up as a bar and entertainment area on the inside. Once there (usually around 11-12) we start some drinking games, play cards, etc. Order some wings...we have some stack food. Needless to say by game time everyone is lucky to know there is a game on and we have fun. The one year it didn't happen was the Giants/Pats game and that is because everyone was too into the game to drink. Anyways...it is blast every year and I love it.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 am

I envy you. All of my best friends scattered across the country after college and I don't have anyone to watch the game with. :(

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 am

thevidon2 wrote:I envy you. All of my best friends scattered across the country after college and I don't have anyone to watch the game with. :(
Make a trip to northern NY...the more the merrier. To be honest...the party is with my oldest brothers best friends. Over the years I have got to know and become friends with them as well. My two best friends that are football nuts live in California and Hawaii so I feel your pain!!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 am

This should be one of the more exciting Superbowl games that we have seen with two high-flying offenses. I am not anticipating either team being capable of running away with it and it should be a high scoring affair. This one is probably going to come down to who scores last and I am guessing that will be the Saints. I am pretty much indifferent to either team, but I would love to see New Orleans win their first Superbowl appearance. Manning already got his and it would be nice to see Brees get his.

As far as Superbowl traditions, I don't have any these days. Since moving to the midwest, there is really only one close friend out here I would enjoy watching the game with. I work on Sundays now, but I am also done at 7:30pm EST so I will see what I can find online to see the game during that hour and then see what I can do once I am off work.

Adding my prediction:

Saints 41, Colts 35
Last edited by skip on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 am

Stil being kinda hurt because of the Vikings loss yesterday, I really dont wanna watch any football right now.. but this will change leading to Super Bowl :wink:

Since there´s nobbody over here watching football, I´m always watching it alone. But I have a tradition... I usually dont eat pizza, burgers, hot dogs and all that stuff.. but at SB night, I always eat everything I can get .. fast food, icecream, popcorn.. everything :)

Despite beating my Vikings, I would still like to see the Saints winning it.. overall..I think they have the more exciting team of the two.. but I also wouldn´t mind Manning and the Colts winning it for the 2nd time. And in the end I think it will be the Colts.. but it might be close.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 am

I think if NO brings as sloppy of a game against the Colts as they did against the Vikes... they are going to get crushed.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:54 am

hostile wrote:I think if NO brings as sloppy of a game against the Colts as they did against the Vikes... they are going to get crushed.
Totally agree. Based on yesterday I'd say Colts 42-14, but I think the Saints will be able to get it together and make it a closer game.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Colts 34
Saints 20
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:Colts 34
Saints 20
That sounds about right.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Super Bowl - New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Postby Pilate » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:18 pm

hosler427 wrote:Just curious on what everyone's thoughts are about this game. Also I would love to hear what everyone's Super Bowl routines are....Do you have big parties? What do you do?
I have to work... :cry:

----------------
Now playing: The Violet Burning - Sweet Mercy

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Super Bowl - New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Postby hosler427 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Pilate wrote:
hosler427 wrote:Just curious on what everyone's thoughts are about this game. Also I would love to hear what everyone's Super Bowl routines are....Do you have big parties? What do you do?
I have to work... :cry:

----------------
Now playing: The Violet Burning - Sweet Mercy
You should say your neck hurts...It has kept me out of work for 9 months :lol: Of course I have the doctors to back it up so you may want to work on your story

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Colts 6 - Saints 3

:lol:

Maybe I should add 20-30 points for both teams.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:Colts 6 - Saints 3

Silly Canadian...you do realize this is american football and not hockey right? :lol:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:42 pm

hosler427 wrote:
Phish Brigade wrote:Colts 6 - Saints 3

Silly Canadian...you do realize this is american football and not hockey right? :lol:
lol :)

Well, 56 points is the over/under.

I'm going OVER. In fact I never bet football (or anything period), but this one is tempting....

I'll let you know more of my thoughts on the game as the week progresses.

What do I do? I get together with about 40-50 other friends at our local Community Center rented out for the day. We have a huge projector that displays a crystal-clear game on a giant wall. There are kids running around the nearby park and playing in the next room, nobody drinking/partying, just a lot of loud fun centered around the game. This year there is a chili cook-off contest. This will be the 3rd year in a row I'll be attending this function/venue. The last two Super Bowls have been fantastic games, even if the results were not always the best. :roll: Hopefully within the next few years, the new Seahawks regime can bring Seattle back to the big dance.

I love the Saints-Colts match-up. This is the match-up I predicted back in October.
Last edited by Misfit74 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars