Season-Long Error - Any Remedy?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StraightCashHomie
Starter
Starter

Season-Long Error - Any Remedy?

Postby StraightCashHomie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:47 am

Alright, I'm guessing a few people from the league are on here because I think this is where I found the league to sign up for but a very interesting situation has taken place in a league that I'm in that I just recently noticed, and I would like to see forum members' input on any potential remedies that may exist.

This is a 32 team league that is a mirror image of the NFL as far as divisions, team names, etc. NFC and AFC have separate player pools with no cross conference trading. Because it is built to be structured like the NFL, the schedule rotates on an annual basis as well, although there is no cross-conference play. Per the league by-laws: "Each team will play out the regular season against intra-conference opponents per a 12 season deep rotation to ensure fairness and balance." There is a link to the schedule rotation in a google docs spreadsheet.

For example, I'm the Seahawks in this league, I play Zona, SF, St Louis weeks 1-3 & weeks 1-12 respectively. This rotates every year, so the next year it is SF first, then St Louis, then Zona, etc.

Non Divisional games rotate annually every year as well between weeks 4-9. So this year, I faced the NFC North, and NYG and Philly. Next year I'd face NFC East, and NO and Carolina and it continues to rotate.

The problem this year is that it didn't rotate. The commissioners didn't update the schedule in the offseason, and I was the first to notice yesterday after feeling some familiarity between this season and last season. The games that I have played this year are the same as the games that I played last year, in the same order. Of course this affects me directly because the NFC North is the best and most difficult division in the league, and the NFC West is the 2nd most, and I wouldn't say that this is even debatable. So that's 10/12 regular season games, meanwhile the NFC South is the worst division in the league by a large margin, and for the 2nd year in a row I got no games against them.

But I'm trying to remove myself from the situation and look at it in terms of a general fairness.

What, if anything can be done at this point? There is an option to change the schedule in MFL after the fact, but it would certainly affect some decisions that have been made, but I've also checked and there have only been 9 trades that have been made since October 9th between all 32 teams.

So, any neutral discussion on the subject would be appreciated, let me know what you think or have to say on the matter.
Your 2013 Prediction Contest Champion

Barely active anymore... adulting is tough. Down to three dynasty leagues, one keeper, and two redrafts.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Season-Long Error - Any Remedy?

Postby HawkeyeState » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:53 am

Since nobody noticed the error until now I think you have to stick with the schedule the way it is and rotate the schedule for next season like it was supposed to be for this season.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:00 am

This late in the season nothing can be done.

It would directly affect records and teams make important decisions based on what their records are.

Just has to be rotated next year.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:22 am

Agreed, just have to stick with it this year and then make sure it gets done correctly going into next season.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:31 am

I echo the sentiments of the others, since it went this long before being noticed, the season should be played out as it is now and the rotation can resume next year. And I would expect the schedule will get more scrutiny from the other owners next year before the season starts!

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Is this NFFL3?
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

ajb3313
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajb3313 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 pm

It's too late to be changed.

How did it take 10 weeks (presumably more, since schedules are usually available well before games begin) for any one of 32 people to notice this? Our fantasy baseball league dropped its schedule today and within 10 minutes there were people eyeballing it.
(12 Teams, Non-PPR, 15 Keeper Dynasty)
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Eddie Lacy, Jeremy Hill, Charles Sims, Dion Lewis, Ameer Abdullah, Dwayne Washington
WR: Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Donte Moncrief, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Quincy Enunwa, Laquon Treadwell, Dorial Green-Beckham
TE: Travis Kelce

StraightCashHomie
Starter
Starter

Postby StraightCashHomie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:03 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:Is this NFFL3?
No.
ajb3313 wrote:How did it take 10 weeks (presumably more, since schedules are usually available well before games begin) for any one of 32 people to notice this? Our fantasy baseball league dropped its schedule today and within 10 minutes there were people eyeballing it.
Well that's kind of the frustrating thing, as there are three commissioners. The guy who created the league appointed 2 other commissioners to ensure that he wasn't alone looking over a 32 team league.

No one knows each other. When I have a handful of leagues, it's certainly not the one that I'm paying attention to due to the fact that it's a bunch of people I've never met that I'm competing against, so I never thought to look into it until I really looked a little closer. I mean, the only schedule I really pay attention to and ensure is updated is the league that I commission.
Your 2013 Prediction Contest Champion

Barely active anymore... adulting is tough. Down to three dynasty leagues, one keeper, and two redrafts.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:29 pm

StraightCashHomie wrote:
auggiedoggies wrote:Is this NFFL3?
No.
ajb3313 wrote:How did it take 10 weeks (presumably more, since schedules are usually available well before games begin) for any one of 32 people to notice this? Our fantasy baseball league dropped its schedule today and within 10 minutes there were people eyeballing it.
Well that's kind of the frustrating thing, as there are three commissioners. The guy who created the league appointed 2 other commissioners to ensure that he wasn't alone looking over a 32 team league.

No one knows each other. When I have a handful of leagues, it's certainly not the one that I'm paying attention to due to the fact that it's a bunch of people I've never met that I'm competing against, so I never thought to look into it until I really looked a little closer. I mean, the only schedule I really pay attention to and ensure is updated is the league that I commission.
Crazy, we have a league that's exactly like this, and we have the EXACT same problem that was discovered this week. It was decided to just leave as is for the year.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Piling on with the consensus on this - I think, even though it sucks that you and others had a tougher schedule because of it - since it's been this long into the season I don't see any fair or reasonable way to remedy it. From trades to starting lineup decisions (underdogs go for the home run, favorites play it safe) - there are infinite possible outcomes that would make it far more unfair to go back and recalculate w/l records by dropping in a new schedule at this point.

May be just one of those learning lessons to always remember to have a quick peek at your league schedules before the season kicks off...