Biggest regret of 2015 season...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Biggest regret of 2015 season...

Postby joeday » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:53 am

In the words of Mephistopheles, misery loves company. So what have been your biggest regrets of the 2015 season so far? This could be a trade you did or didn't make. This could be a line-up decision you made. This could be a draft choice you selected or passed on.

My biggest regret of 2015 involved my main league (the Bombers in signature). I decided on draft day I was going to target Ryan Tannehill. I knew the Drew Brees owner loves Tannehill and I could easily make a deal moving Tannehill and another piece (post draft) for Brees. I am on the clock and (still suspended) Tom Brady is available, but so is Tannehill. I felt that even with the loss of Graham, the growth of Cooks and bringing on Spiller still makes Brees a top 5 option. So I pass on Brady and take Tannehill and trade Tannehill and Andre Johnson for Brees and Steve Smith. I felt AMAZING after this trade. Any regret on passing on Brady is gone! Fast forward 2 weeks and now I am sitting at 0-2, Brady is lighting the world on fire and not only has Brees stunk, but he may be out a few games leaving me to turn to Alex Smith, Ryan Mallett or Josh McCown! Brady wouldn't have helped me win week 1, but I would have won week 2. Just to throw salt in the wound, the guy I made the Brees Tannehill trade with beat me week 2 because of the trade we made!

Ok guys, make me feel better with your sob stories!
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Biggest regret of 2015 season...

Postby Telperion » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:58 am

The jury is out on this one, but I sent Martavis Bryant & a late 2nd for 1.07 (White). I didn't think Ben would keep up his pace, but it's looking like he might, and White is hurt while the Bears look bad for a long time.

Minor, and I might end up happy with the deal, but that's all I have.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:06 am

I'm in two dynasty IDP leagues. I was out of contention last year, so I made sure to grab Kiko Alonzo is both leagues in hopes of building my team around my LB position.

Gag.

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:49 am

I gave Forte for Miller straight up just before the season started. Drank the koolaid on Miller preseason and the talk of increased workload and felt I needed to get out from under Forte while I could still get a top 10 rb for him. Oops.
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

closports
Role Player
Role Player

Postby closports » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:57 am

I traded Amari Cooper... (all that needs to be said really)

Ended up getting some RB help and draft capitol but, looking back, I'm just an idiot.
8 team league - Year 5 - Standard - No PPR (no negatives for INT/FL)
2QB/3RB/4WR/1TE
QB: Ryan(T) – Rivers(T) – Kizer(2) – Mahomes(2)
RB: J.Howard(T) – Ajayi(T) – Cook(1) – Mixon(1) – Henry(1) – Abdullah(T) – Conner(4) – Cohen(8)
WR: Dez(T) – Cooks(T) – Parker(T) – Pryor Sr.(T) – Coleman(1) – Doctson(T) – Meredith(3)
TE: Kelce(5) - Engram(2)
(T) = traded for, (#) = taken in rookie/FA draft (rd selected), (W) = waiver claim
2018 Draft Picks: #'s 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4
2014 CHAMPION
***NEW*** Team Profile: http://imgur.com/a/rL8Gt

timber09
Rookie
Rookie

Postby timber09 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:22 am

I tanked last season so I ended up with the first pick plus a bunch of others in my Keep 5 league.

I made the right choice going with Gurley #1 but, as I had so many keepers, I decided to bank on older reliable production and went against my gut when I picked again at 1-7. Went with Andre Johnson instead of Allen Robinson - wish I could do that one again. The good news is that I immediately regretted it and have been verifying that wrong move ever since...awesome.

Oh well, I am 2-0 and have fared pretty well so far.
16 team QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX PPR
Keep Five
QB: Cousins & Fitzpatrick
RB: Gurley, Ingram, Droughn, Ferguson, AD (IR), Vereen (IR)
WR: Green, M Evans, DeSean Jackson, Rishard Matthews, Conley, Patterson & Treadwell
TE: J James & Henry
K: Bryant
D: Chargers (streaming)

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:29 am

I was pretty damn sure I was nabbing the best three linebacker situations when I used 2.05, 2.06, and 2.09 to land Mckinney, Shaq, and Dawson. So far looks like my late 3rd on Jordan Hicks will pay more dividends.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:53 am

Acquiring Cody Latimer in almost every league. I didn't pay a ton but definitely more than I should have. It just hurts more because it's on 4 teams...

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:57 am

Recently did a startup and I broke my team down to really try and compete long term in a 14-teamer. I had 6 first round picks (2,4,5,10,12,14) and another owner had 1 and 3. I acquired some top WR devys (Treadwell, Boyd, Davis) and was thin at RB. The guy drafting 1 and 3 loves his RBs. I took MG3 at 2 (passed on Cooper) and ended up with Gordon and White, when I could have ended up with Cooper and White or Cooper and Gordon. I still think highly of Gordon, but people are already putting Cooper in Canton and I could have fetched a huge return for him. And we know how White ended up with the unfortunate injury. Still like my team long term as I have rebounded with some solid trades for my long term (acquired Chubb, and landed Dez in a straight up trade for Evans after the injury).
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:07 pm

Not lining up a decent RB2 in the DLF PL is my biggest regret of the year so far. Now that Deangelo is back to the bench, I'm basically starting dregs and hoping for a vulture TD.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:11 pm

This might sound like an odd one.. but trading away Andy Dalton+ to get Stafford in a Superflex in the preseason..

I've debated with many friends how overrated Stafford is and how underappreciated Dalton is in fantasy (prior to the trade)..

Yet, I stupidly let dynasty rankings and groupthink rationale influence my own beliefs. For some reason. Things like that are why I rarely asked for advice and would rather run my own team.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Devy Superflex 12 team all TD's 6pts. I am in a rebuild but sort of second guess this one anyway
Traded ARob/McKinnon for * Cook, Connor FA QB;* Williams, Duke FA WR; Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick (likely late)
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:41 pm

I make terrible draft choices every season. I passed on OBJ. I passed on Jarvis Landy. Etc.

This year, I was down to two players in the 2nd round; Matt Jones & Justin Hardy. I really wanted Matt Jones, but I'M ALWAYS WRONG, so I chose to not listen to my gut and I took Hardy.

I don't know rookies. I make great moves with vets (I went out of my way to get Ivory & Fitz in all leagues), but I can't draft a rookie to save my life.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

RichDynastyFB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RichDynastyFB » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Trading away Colin Kaepernick and Kevin White for Gurley and Robert Griffin III on Aug 20. Might still work out for me, but I was really down on Kaep after last season.
10 Team-1 PPR -1 pt/10 yd rush/rec-4 pt pass TD-6 pt Rush TD-2 pt/tackle-6 pt/sack-8 pt Int.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3WR, 1-2 TE, 1PK, 2 DT/DE, 2LB, 2 CB/S

2014 League Champion

QB Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
RB Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Giovanni Bernard, Theo Riddick
WR Keenan Allen, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Dontae Moncrief, Marqise Lee,Davante Adams, Brandon LaFell, Allen Hurns, Kenny Stills
TE Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker
PK Mason Crosby
DE Jurrell Casey, Fletcher Cox
LB Lavonte David, Chris Borland
CB/S Kemal Ismael, H Smith,Robert Blanton, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Not quitting FF. I'm a sucker for the misery I guess. LOL

Seriously though, mine would be trading up in the 3rd in 3 leagues to get Kenny Bell with Matt Jones still on the board, and taking Ajayi in the mid 2nd with David Johnson sill available. I feel I can build rosters with the best of them, but I'm brutally bad with drafting rookies. That's part of the reason I usually look to trade my picks away.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U