HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby Plank » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:02 am

Do we pause if Mike (maxhyde) doesn't make it in time?

Also a little concerned with nation, hasn't been around in 32 days :P .. but in his defense he seems to always appear for draft picks.
@PlankMelody

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:07 am

He just picked in time. I had PMd him and then saw he picked while I was doing that

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 am

Well it has been a long time since I've posted on this thread. Partially due to a hiatus from the forums and partially because the league has moved its main means of communications to Groupme. I believe all but 1 owner is partaking in the Groupme Chat.

Anyways what caused me to post was a recent PM from a forum poster. They were wondering if there were any openings in a DLF forum type dynasty league or any startups. I unfortunately did not know of any but it did remind me that one of the benefits of the forum is that eventually some of us want to compete against each other, rather than just post to one another.

Anyways here is a short list of all the DLF themed leagues- that I am aware of - and not including DLF Safeleagues or DLF Ultra - only leagues that were created by individuals.

DLF Early Birds Special
DLF Hall of Fame
DLF Premium
DLF Charter
DLF Superflex
DLF United

If you are in any more please feel free to post here so I can add it to that list and next season when it comes to orphan season I will make sure to bump up the thread so any interested owners can be aware of the leagues & potential openings. I have the pleasure of being in 4 of the 6 listed and each has its own groupme now - all of which are at least semi-active to very active in chatter. In the end it is thanks to the DLF Forums that these leagues were formed and a group of like minded owners were able to create fun competitive communities. I hope that if you have not done so already - you consider the opportunity to compete against your fellow DLF Forum posters. :thumbup: :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:50 am

Time now for a little nostalgia. I took over my HOF team back at the beginning of Jan 2018 - which in some ways seems like a really long time but in others is only a mere 3 (and half with the 2021 off-season included) years ago.

Here is a brief look at what the team looked like then and what it looks like now

Reminder: 16 Team 1 QB format

End of 2017

Cutler, Jay MIA QB
Manning, Eli NYG QB
Palmer, Carson ARI QB

Blue, Alfred HOU RB
Forte, Matt NYJ RB
Gallman, Wayne NYG RB
Hill, Jeremy CIN RB
McCoy, LeSean BUF RB
Williams, Damien MIA RB

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR
Cooper, Pharoh LAR WR
Gabriel, Taylor ATL WR
Kerley, Jeremy FA WR
Landry, Jarvis MIA WR
Maclin, Jeremy BAL WR
Roberts, Andre ATL WR
Robinson, Aldrick SFO WR
Tate, Golden DET WR
Wallace, Mike BAL WR

Kendricks, Lance GBP TE
Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE
O'Leary, Nick BUF TE
Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Reed, Jordan WAS TE
Tamme, Jacob FA TE

As you can see, it was a team that was ending its competitive window (but had won a championship prior to my taking over). My mindset, for most orphans, is to tear them down quickly, and take a couple of years to slowly build up a new foundation. Other owners may have preferred to extend the playoff window, or rebuild on the fly. Regardless, it took me about a year to tear down all the assets I wanted off the team. I did achieve my goal - which was a team, even doing my best to set as strong a lineup, was always in contention for a top 3-4 pick these past few years. So I had 2 years of slowly adding young assets I felt had a profile of long production.

I am hoping that this is the year the team takes a shot at the playoffs due to the 16 team league, and the nature of my division (which is similar to the 2020 NFC East :ewink: :lol: :whistle: ) - but admittedly a 16 team league where all the owners tend to be on the cautious side due to their knowledge and experience - sometimes the progress is uneven - as can be seen by:

Current 2021 squad (need to cut 3 to get down to 25)

Dalton, Andy CHI QB
Eason, Jacob IND QB
Fromm, Jake BUF QB
Mills, Davis HOU QB
Taylor, Tyrod HOU QB
Trubisky, Mitchell BUF QB

Collins, Alex SEA RB
Freeman, Devonta NOS RB
Harris, Najee PIT RB
Mattison, Alexander MIN RB
McNichols, Jeremy TEN RB
Snell, Benny PIT RB
Thompson, Darwin KCC RB
Ward, Jonathan ARI RB

Brown, A.J. TEN WR
Camp, Jalen JAC WR
Darby, Frank ATL WR
Davis, Corey NYJ WR
Funchess, Devin GBP WR
Kirk, Christian ARI WR
Powell, Cornell KCC WR
Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR
Washington, James PIT WR

Bryant, Harrison CLE TE
Fant, Noah DEN TE
Hockenson, T.J. DET TE
Okwuegbunam, Albert DEN TE
Shaheen, Adam MIA TE

Regardless I am pretty pleased with the . There are a few regrets, but some of that is missing on players, or not having a better knowledge of the trade market. For example - I possibly could have moved up and snagged Nick Chubb - but I thought the price would be too expensive so I moved back. In the end though it worked out as I avoided taking certain players who have 'busted'. And if the team misses the playoffs (which as much as I may wish otherwise is probably still at least a 50% likelyhood) then the core of my team (Harris, AJ Brown, Juju, Davis, Hock & Fant) young enough that I can simply add 1 more potential bluechip asset and try again as the oldest key asset will be 27 in 2022.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:32 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 am Well it has been a long time since I've posted on this thread. Partially due to a hiatus from the forums and partially because the league has moved its main means of communications to Groupme. I believe all but 1 owner is partaking in the Groupme Chat.

Anyways what caused me to post was a recent PM from a forum poster. They were wondering if there were any openings in a DLF forum type dynasty league or any startups. I unfortunately did not know of any but it did remind me that one of the benefits of the forum is that eventually some of us want to compete against each other, rather than just post to one another.

Anyways here is a short list of all the DLF themed leagues- that I am aware of - and not including DLF Safeleagues or DLF Ultra - only leagues that were created by individuals.

DLF Early Birds Special
DLF Hall of Fame
DLF Premium
DLF Charter
DLF Superflex
DLF United

If you are in any more please feel free to post here so I can add it to that list and next season when it comes to orphan season I will make sure to bump up the thread so any interested owners can be aware of the leagues & potential openings. I have the pleasure of being in 4 of the 6 listed and each has its own groupme now - all of which are at least semi-active to very active in chatter. In the end it is thanks to the DLF Forums that these leagues were formed and a group of like minded owners were able to create fun competitive communities. I hope that if you have not done so already - you consider the opportunity to compete against your fellow DLF Forum posters. :thumbup: :)
Thanks for the post. If any of these leagues get an unexpected opening, I am definitely interested.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:06 am

jman3134 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:32 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 am Well it has been a long time since I've posted on this thread. Partially due to a hiatus from the forums and partially because the league has moved its main means of communications to Groupme. I believe all but 1 owner is partaking in the Groupme Chat.

DLF Early Birds Special
DLF Hall of Fame
DLF Premium
DLF Charter
DLF Superflex
DLF United

Thanks for the post. If any of these leagues get an unexpected opening, I am definitely interested.
There may be an opening - not sure if it is being filled in-season or waiting til next season. Either way I can put you or other active DLF forum members who are interested in touch with the owner.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:12 am

We have an open team in the HoF League ...

Nation31

QB
D Prescott/J Goff/G Minshew/CJ Beathard

WR
J Chase/D London/A Robinson/D Carter/R Shaheed/T Sherfield/R Cobb/V Jefferson/T Atwell/B Pringle

RB
R White/C Akers/D Foreman/K Gainwell/M Mack

TE
Z Ertz/P Hendershot/P Hesse

2023 Picks:
1.02, 1.17, 2.02, 3.02

2024: All 3 rounds

https://www48.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0001&O=07
@PlankMelody