Trying to get my dad to play fantasy. Any advice?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Sports_KASter
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Trying to get my dad to play fantasy. Any advice?

Postby Sports_KASter » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 am

My dad is an accountant who loves numbers and loves sports. He gets the newspaper every day so he can read box scores. Over the years, I've tried everything to get him to play in our family (free, redraft) fantasy league. He always says no. Part of me thinks he's hesitant to play because he's afraid he'd get addicted --- psh, who could get addicted to fantasy, right?! -- but his other reason is that he's a big Colts fan and doesn't want it to take away from his Colts fandom. Does anyone have any sales pitches I could try or any strategies that have worked for them when trying to get someone into fantasy?
Austan Kas

This is fun.

@AustanKas

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trying to get my dad to play fantasy. Any advice?

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:59 pm

I've tried the same with my dad for years but he's simply not interested. He does participate in my playoff league so maybe you can pitch that to him to get him hooked?

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trying to get my dad to play fantasy. Any advice?

Postby Bo Jackson » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:14 am

My friends tried to get me to play for 5 years before I did. I honestly thought it sounded stupid and I wouldn't like it. There was no way I was going to waste my time! BUT, I did love football.

Well, once I started, it was on. I won that first year against my friends and became the commissioner the next year because of my ideas...

MAKE HIM DO IT! FORCE IT! lol, but seriously...
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds