Sean Tucker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Sean Tucker

Postby j4pac » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:18 pm

The Bucs could be awful and you may not want anything to do with them this season. Tuckers ceiling is extremely capped, because even if he plays well he’ll still have his heart concerns hanging over his head. That’s not going to change.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:24 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:38 pmI also don't think he had what it takes to be a top end NFL back anyway.
top end? probably not. better than other running backs taken day 3 last season? totally.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:56 am

j4pac wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:18 pm The Bucs could be awful and you may not want anything to do with them this season. Tuckers ceiling is extremely capped, because even if he plays well he’ll still have his heart concerns hanging over his head. That’s not going to change.
The offense is probably going to be putrid again. They were very inefficient last year in the run game. As much as I love Rachaad White, he's got an uphill battle with this OL and surrounding talent. Looking at you Baker...

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:18 pm

Now there's this....

https://twitter.com/fakefootballs/statu ... Wclqg&s=19

Sure seems like a constant drumbeat to me
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:18 pm

Here's the tweet:

RB Sean Tucker has been splitting 1st team reps with Rachaad White at Bucs’ practice today, according to @ByBenMeyerson 👀📈
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:20 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:18 pm Now there's this....

https://twitter.com/fakefootballs/statu ... Wclqg&s=19

Sure seems like a constant drumbeat to me
They left out the context. It's because they are prepping him for the 3rd pre-season game. He's likely going to get some audition time. Which is good. White won't be playing.

TB journalist corrected t the nerd, or at least adds the context, as the FF guy tried to spin his observation a little differently, shall we say.

https://twitter.com/ByBenMeyerson/statu ... 9742136668
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:06 pm

How is this not a good sign ?

Of course it's a nothing burger 🍔 if you've been dug in that late draft capital means you're doomed .

Keep saying that it's not my opinion but many , many players & coaches who have said it ... Once you're on the field everyone can see who has it & can contend for playing time regardless of how you got there. Sure you get less reps but it's what you do with that opportunity.

The higher picks are going to get extra opportunities but if they're pretenders that will show up too. Front office & coaches that pushed for those guys don't want to look bad but the good ones see their mistakes and play the guys that merit playing time... Regardless of draft capital

All things being relatively equal performance wise certainly the guy they have more invested in will get the nod but the notion that you're fate is sealed either way because of draft status has too many examples of not being true. Especially today when owners & fans want instant gratification Coaches and players know winning is the key to success & respect (and getting paid)

How are the polls on D.Pierce & Pacheco doing now ?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:59 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:06 pm How is this not a good sign ?

Of course it's a nothing burger 🍔 if you've been dug in that late draft capital means you're doomed .

Keep saying that it's not my opinion but many , many players & coaches who have said it ... Once you're on the field everyone can see who has it & can contend for playing time regardless of how you got there. Sure you get less reps but it's what you do with that opportunity.

The higher picks are going to get extra opportunities but if they're pretenders that will show up too. Front office & coaches that pushed for those guys don't want to look bad but the good ones see their mistakes and play the guys that merit playing time... Regardless of draft capital

All things being relatively equal performance wise certainly the guy they have more invested in will get the nod but the notion that you're fate is sealed either way because of draft status has too many examples of not being true. Especially today when owners & fans want instant gratification Coaches and players know winning is the key to success & respect (and getting paid)

How are the polls on D.Pierce & Pacheco doing now ?
It’s a good sign, for sure.

It’s not like there’s a high draft capital guy ahead of him the team wants to feel right about. If there was…you’d argue that would be Vaughn…and if that’s the case, Tucker getting the 1st team reps over him is inarguably a good sign.

It makes the GM look good to have high picks turn out. It also makes the GM AND the coaches look good to have lower picks and free agent bets work out.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:09 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:59 pm How are the polls on D.Pierce & Pacheco doing now ?
How are the polls on Tyrion Davis-Price, Zamir White, Isaiah Spiller, Pierre Strong Jr., Hassan Haskins, Tyler Allgeier, Snoop Conner, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Ty Chandler, Kevin Harris, Tyler Badie, Keontay Ingram, Trestan Ebner, and Brittain Brown doing now?

I too, can "name some guys".

I personally think it's rad that you can officially divine/cherry-pick which of your favourite low capital guys are going to hit just based on 2nd-hand twitter reports.

Especially seeing as everyone I named had better draft capital than Sean Tucker.

More power to you if he hits - but trying to call him the next Pierce or Pacheco is pretty bad process at this stage.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:17 pm

mild wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:09 pm
Valhalla wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:59 pm How are the polls on D.Pierce & Pacheco doing now ?
How are the polls on Tyrion Davis-Price, Zamir White, Isaiah Spiller, Pierre Strong Jr., Hassan Haskins, Tyler Allgeier, Snoop Conner, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Ty Chandler, Kevin Harris, Tyler Badie, Keontay Ingram, Trestan Ebner, and Brittain Brown doing now?

I personally think it's rad that you can officially divine/cherry-pick which of your favourite low capital guys are going to hit just based on 2nd-hand twitter reports.

Especially seeing as everyone I named had better draft capital than Sean Tucker.

More power to you if he hits - but trying to call him the next Pierce or Pacheco is pretty bad process at this stage.
It's not that it's a bad thing, it's a good thing, it's just that, as many FF content providers do, the guy left out important context for clicks. That's why the guy who made the initial report likely added the context, because the Nerds guy was sort of misrepresenting it to fit a narrative he wants to push. It's not surprising Tucker got a few carries with the 1's, he's likely getting prepped for an audition type game, as many UDFA's get in the last pre-season game. I'm pulling for him, but this isn't some big, earth shattering news.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:20 pm

I didn’t say that, but sure you can quote me for it.

I agree with you, it’s bad process to cherry pick. I suppose I would respond with, I do put an asterisk next to his UDFA/his capital. I don’t knock him for bad capital as much as I typically would because I think his was for teams not wanting to take on a health risk/a scary situation. The Damar effect. I saw him as a 3rd-4th rounder with potential to rise with a solid combine before the health scare.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:15 pm

I’m also curious…of those guys you listed, what was your criterion for this list?

Also find it odd you list Allgeier like that’s a bad thing. He provided great value. There are also others on that list I’d say the book isn’t closed on, even if you’ve written them off.

Also, and I legitimately don’t know the answer to this…how many of those guys get first team reps, even in the preseason, without injury? Then ask, did Pacheco and Pierce get first team reps in the preseason?

I suppose I hold the view that it is better process to group Tucker with low team investment backs that got strong preseason looks than it is to just keep him grouped in “UDFA” and therefore less likely a bet than any 5th-6th round back.

Draft capital matters…but it isn’t ALL that matters. It’s bad process to ignore other variables because “UDFA.”

I don’t hear anyone arguing Tucker as some super prospect. Just people arguing there are reasons to pay attention, just like there were reasons with Pacheco or Allgeier. Bad process to ignore a very cheap ticket that could have potential to rise because there are tons of other rbs that busted that were more heavily invested in.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:41 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:15 pm I’m also curious…of those guys you listed, what was your criterion for this list?

Also find it odd you list Allgeier like that’s a bad thing. He provided great value. There are also others on that list I’d say the book isn’t closed on, even if you’ve written them off.

Also, and I legitimately don’t know the answer to this…how many of those guys get first team reps, even in the preseason, without injury? Then ask, did Pacheco and Pierce get first team reps in the preseason?

I suppose I hold the view that it is better process to group Tucker with low team investment backs that got strong preseason looks than it is to just keep him grouped in “UDFA” and therefore less likely a bet than any 5th-6th round back.

Draft capital matters…but it isn’t ALL that matters. It’s bad process to ignore other variables because “UDFA.”

I don’t hear anyone arguing Tucker as some super prospect. Just people arguing there are reasons to pay attention, just like there were reasons with Pacheco or Allgeier. Bad process to ignore a very cheap ticket that could have potential to rise because there are tons of other rbs that busted that were more heavily invested in.
I just literally listed every other back drafted last year Day 2 or later.

Plenty of guys on there I'd roster at cost. I have no hate for Allgeier. I also think Zamir, Jerome Ford, perhaps even Spiller (ok maybe too far) could all be guys that do bits this year. But that's not my point.

My point was: you can't cherry pick Dameon Pierce and Isaiah Pacheco - the two successful "big day 2 hits" from 2022 - and then apply them like they're a meaningful argument or data point to us in the Sean Tucker thread... especially in a "told you so, look at their polls now" context.

They are the two big 2022 hits (there was a third named Tyler Allgeier, but people went awfully silent on him all of a sudden - we're still trying to figure out why, and our best people are on it...) against a greater sample size of 17 drafted RB's (and a few more undrafted ones). Trumpeting a 2/17 hit rate (11%) is kinda buring the lede, no?

And that's before we get to the part where either of Pierce and Pachecho could be -easily- forced into a time-share by an RB with better skills/draft capital (see: Allgeier).

And all of that is before we even get to the part where Sean Tucker went completely undrafted.

We're looking for a total outlier result here to call him a "hit" on the level of Pierce and Pachecho.

Quoting other outlier "hits" or even "semi-hits" doesn't really tickle my giblets. That's all I'm saying.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:01 pm

mild wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:41 pm
Valhalla wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:15 pm I’m also curious…of those guys you listed, what was your criterion for this list?

Plenty of guys on there I'd roster at cost. I have no hate for Allgeier. I also think Zamir, Jerome Ford, perhaps even Spiller (ok maybe too far) could all be guys that do bits this year. But that's not my point.

My point was: you can't cherry pick Dameon Pierce and Isaiah Pacheco - the two successful "big day 2 hits" from 2022 - and then apply them like they're a meaningful argument or data point to us in the Sean Tucker thread... especially in a "told you so, look at their polls now" context.

They are the two big 2022 hits (there was a third named Tyler Allgeier, but people went awfully silent on him all of a sudden - we're still trying to figure out why, and our best people are on it...) against a greater sample size of 17 drafted RB's (and a few more undrafted ones). Trumpeting a 2/17 hit rate (11%) is kinda buring the lede, no?

And that's before we get to the part where either of Pierce and Pachecho could be -easily- forced into a time-share by an RB with better skills/draft capital (see: Allgeier).

And all of that is before we even get to the part where Sean Tucker went completely undrafted.

We're looking for a total outlier result here to call him a "hit" on the level of Pierce and Pachecho.

Quoting other outlier "hits" or even "semi-hits" doesn't really tickle my giblets. That's all I'm saying.
I mean, Pierce was also a guy who was drafted very early 4th round, to a barren depth chart. He was very early on expected to be the starter. Prior to week 1. Sean Tucker is 4th in the pecking order right now, as it stands, so not the same place at all. This entire recent tangent stems from a tweet, lets not forget, where a FF content provider used the fact Tucker was running with the 1's out of context, or at least gave no context, and the guy who made the initial report made a point of adding that context back into things, because his statement was not being well represented by the FF content provider.

Tucker is still, as far as we know, 4th in pecking order, not 1st like Pierce was. Tucker is getting ready for a likely audition game, with, and vs a bunch of other guys auditioning for a back end roster spot in a final pre-season game. I am not saying Tucker can't be relevant, just that there really hasn't been a massive off season drum beat for Tucker. He didn't do much in his first pre-season game, and other than his 1 big run on a hurry up 4th and 1 where the D wasn't really ever in good position, he had carries for 11 yards. That, and had a pretty non eventful off season. He didn't surpass Edmonds or Vaughn in reps at any point, as the reporter said, this was 1 day of practice, in preparation for a game. Tucker, as far as I know, is well behind White, and still behind the other 2, as it stands now.

I am hoping Tucker can climb the depth chart, but the pie in that run offense will be one of the smallest in the NFL this year.
Janiel Dones Truther

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:16 am

mild wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:41 pm

Expected the "cherry picking" comeback as if all late rd picks are created equal. Nor are high draft picks.

Every year there are late rd darlings that pop off and maybe are fringe roster players. Some show more than that. That would be these guys Pacheco, Pierce & James Robinson of recent years. They are very few that elevate to potential starters. An Allgier who unfortunately has Bijan now ahead of him . Some will say they took Bijan because Allgier wasn't legit & had bad draft capital trying to prove that point (bad draft capital) Falcons are a heavy run team that had a chance to grab what many think is a generational RB. That won't reduce Allgier to the scrap pile.He will get carries cause he earned them. If Falcons were to waive him about every team in the lg would claim him.

My point is at THIS SAME TIME last year under 50% thought Pacheco was legit. About the same made the same assessment that Pierce would be replaced because they didn't have that much invested in him and a new regime would likely come in and pick their guy.

I'm trying to think of similar situations where the late rd guy got replaced. Elijah Mitchell is one but it was injury and Christian frickin' McCaffery that took his place. Rhamondre is another one.

Past guys like C.Carson, Ekeler and Pollard this year taking over as starters after being 1b backs for a year or two.

Can Tucker be the next guy? That is the debate here. My opinion is we need to see more of him before we can come to that conclusion. Seems that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers agree. Conversely assigning him his fate based on draft status is thought process I disagree with.

Now the other thing is that usually used against these guys in arguments is that they aren't "star" players. They will just be role players or bench fantasy players .If you can get that from a guy you took in 4th rd call that a win. If you draft later and spend an early 2nd then that's a good debate. Pierce was that guy. Pacheco was still late 2nd at the earliest.

Even with this latest news Tucker would be lucky to go in late 3rd rd. At that price he's definitely on our list.We took him almost everywhere in 4th rd during early drafts. Biased as we are we don't have high expectations from any TB RB other than if Rachaad can catch up to 70 balls. As for rushing doubt anyone cracks 600 yds... THIS YEAR 😏

Still withholding long term odds of Tucker taking over as main running option . He's nowhere near Pierce or Pacheco's role at this same stage of their prospective careers. But the same opportunity is in front of him. That's all we're saying. Draft capital doesn't matter anymore