Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Consensus 1.01?

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:35 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:07 am
abloom wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 am

I think, while the Mahommes contract has something to do with it, it's not just because of the Mahommes contract. Look at what the Titans and ravens just did. They sent a wr coming up on a big payday just for a first. Sure Baltimore also has to consider what it will cost to keep Jackson, but what about the Titans. I think that there are a group of teams that now believe that we contracts have gotten too high and it's not worth paying the alpha 25M a year.
I mean, it basically came out of Andy Reid's mouth. He referenced Mahomes contract as the reason they couldn't pay Hill specifically, when asked. Hollywood isn't Tyreek, not even close. Also, AJB isn't either, though better. The Titans move wasn't a good one, IMO. Teams have to make a decision on it, but Tyreek is definitely an elite WR, while the other 2 aren't in that tier, though AJB is closer than Hollywood.
The fact that the Ravens basically netted #25 for Brown and the Titans only got 18 for their Brown, I think Philly easily won that deal. But it does come down to contracts. Baltimore couldn't pay everyone (similar to KC). Lamar may not like losing his buddy but it doesn't sound like he was going to take the Brady deal that would've kept them together so... I think TEN was in a similar spot as SEA. Do these teams want to rebuild around a 25M WR? I know TEN is still a pretty good team but that window is closing quickly so they are smart to look ahead.

It's a risk to move a proven player for a pick, but when you consider both teams moved their WR for better picks than their original draft spot, I'd say they did fine. Titans reset their rookie WR deal and the Ravens filled another need. I really didn't want them paying Hollywood anywhere near what Kirk got.
Yeah I can kind of see it with the Ravens, because Hollywood is not elite but will likely want elite money, and they have LJax's extension staring them in the face.

TEN makes less sense to be because AJB is actually really good, and it's not like they have a roster full of studs with huge pay days to worry about. I don't really see the point in drafting guys just to trade them away before their first contract is up if they're good, because then you have to pay them. Like what are they hoping for out of Burks? Jefferson/Chase not withstanding it's pretty unusual to get elite production out of a rookie WR, so you're writing off year 1. Then you're hoping in maybe a best case scenario that he has a year 2 breakout and you get 2 good years out of him before you ship him off as well because now he wants money too?

It would be one thing if the NFL draft was some kind of guarantee where you draft a WR and he becomes a great player. But what, maybe 10% of WRs drafted in the 1st round end up being as good as AJB? So you're betting on you hitting that perfectly (with the 5th best WR in a relatively weak overall draft class) just to get another 2 good cheap years out of a WR? How long can they keep repeating that process? The odds say 90% chance it's 0 more times, and it almost certainly won't be more than once.

This gets doubly confusing to me how some teams panic because they have one expensive player so they've got to get rid of him, while other teams seemingly operate like the cap doesn't even exist. Remember the Rams were only going to be able to sign 2, maybe 3 of their big 5 players (Donald, Goff, Gurley, Kupp, Woods) and in the end they signed all 5 of them, and then just for kicks traded for Stafford and Ramsey and gave them record contracts on top of it all. So the beat writers said they could afford 2 big contracts and they ended up paying out 7 huge contracts instead.

Goff's contract was untradeable until they traded him. Gurley's contract was uncuttable until they cut him. Why don't these teams just hire whomever is running the books in LA and stop giving away draft picks (which are supposed to be a premium asset) for slight cap relief?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:42 am

Funny thing about Elite labels.

M. Brown has 10 more career receptions than AJ Brown and only 3 fewer TD's.

AJ does have 634 more receiving yards but M. Brown had 1008 yards last season and 28 more receptions. Who would have thought M. Brown was the more durable player between these two.

M. Brown is the one that has shown consistent improvement every year.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:47 am

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:42 am Funny thing about Elite labels.

M. Brown has 10 more career receptions than AJ Brown and only 3 fewer TD's.

AJ does have 634 more receiving yards but M. Brown had 1008 yards last season and 28 more receptions. Who would have thought M. Brown was the more durable player between these two.
I’m not really an “on pace” guy, but M Brown was looking much better earlier in the year also before Lamar went out those last 4-5 games.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:16 am

mild wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:09 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:11 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:06 am I'm in a SF and if I owned 1.01 and needed a QB, I'd still take Hall and figure it out later.

Pickett being the first QB taken is a slight surprise, but I've never loved him. Trubisky value takes a hit.

I expected Hall to be a 2nd rounder at best, and still expect him to be the top guy in most dynasty drafts.
Yeah if Hall falls out of the 1.01 because he gets drafted 2nd round, that's bad process imo. He was always projected to go there with a slight chance BUF took him late 1st
Hilarious that Beane came out after the draft saying "that was never us, that didn't come from inside our building".

I think the Dynasty community successfully wishcasted it into 1000 mock drafts and our collective imaginations. Meanwhile, Beane is over here all "do I look like Dave Gettleman / Mike Mayock / Trent Baalke / Kevin Colbert to you?" "have you even HEARD my albums???"

Them going 1st Round RB never really fit with their style.
How dare you sully Kevin Colbert's good name in that list of garbage! That's like saying "oh here's a list of guys with mustaches: Hitler, Hussein, Stalin, and Sam Elliot" lol

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:22 am

dustyroads wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:16 am

Yeah if Hall falls out of the 1.01 because he gets drafted 2nd round, that's bad process imo. He was always projected to go there with a slight chance BUF took him late 1st
Hilarious that Beane came out after the draft saying "that was never us, that didn't come from inside our building".

I think the Dynasty community successfully wishcasted it into 1000 mock drafts and our collective imaginations. Meanwhile, Beane is over here all "do I look like Dave Gettleman / Mike Mayock / Trent Baalke / Kevin Colbert to you?" "have you even HEARD my albums???"

How dare you sully Kevin Colbert's good name in that list of garbage! That's like saying "oh here's a list of guys with mustaches: Hitler, Hussein, Stalin, and Sam Elliot" lol
Hahaha :clap:

Pittsburgh is really going to miss him next year.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:44 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:35 am
This gets doubly confusing to me how some teams panic because they have one expensive player so they've got to get rid of him, while other teams seemingly operate like the cap doesn't even exist.
All owners are not created equal and don't have the same purse strings
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:18 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:06 am I'm in a SF and if I owned 1.01 and needed a QB, I'd still take Hall and figure it out later.

Pickett being the first QB taken is a slight surprise, but I've never loved him. Trubisky value takes a hit.

I expected Hall to be a 2nd rounder at best, and still expect him to be the top guy in most dynasty drafts.
Yeah that would be like the people who passed on JT when he fell to the 2nd. The difference is there wasn't a mediocre RB that went to a great team in RD1 this year. If not Hall, I don't even know who my 1.01 would be right now...

Nothing happened that would move the needle above a RD2 Breece Hall
RD 1 was a whole lot of meh IMO and I'm not feeling great about the league where I hold 4 1sts.

Side note: Is it me or is this WR crop pretty undersized this year? (outside of London/Burks)
Sorta... the 1st round was full of guys that aren't the biggest, but we kinda knew that. Under 5'11 and/or under 25 BMI I throw up some red flags. But really that's only Jameson and I've seen him listed as 6'1 190 before which would be over that threshold. And I'm sure these guys will put on some weight as they progress anyways.

So you've got London, then Burks and the other 4 are in that 5'11 - 6'1 range which is plenty considering they are all fast. And the NFL backed them up with taking all 6 from pick 8 to 18.

I think this class may also look small because they are all on the borderline size wise, yet very talented WR. Some of the biggest knocks on guys like Olave and Wilson are that they just aren't bigger haha. It's more of a nitpick because of how good they are.

In contrast, last year's 1st round featured 4 WR. Chase being the biggest at 6'0 205 and Waddle at 5'9 and Smith with a low BMI.

Still should be some giants like the Higgins, Pittman, Mims, Marshall's out there for day 2

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:40 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:22 am
dustyroads wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:16 am

Hahaha :clap:

Pittsburgh is really going to miss him next year.
Big time. Should have laid some money on my guess that his parting gift to the team would be Pickett. A couple weeks ago I wasn't sure he'd be available; but in the days leading up to the draft all the scuttlebutt seemed to be the Steelers would get their choice there at 20 unless someone traded up to cut them off. And even then, I figured a team trading up would be moving to get Willis because of his unique upside.

Too much history in letting the last Pittsburgh local slip by in '83. Not saying Pickett = Marino as a prospect, let alone predicting a similar pro career; but he seems the perfect fit for their team. Especially considering they are still "too good" to have a chance at getting one of the 2023 QBs. They'll wind up with pick 15-20, and without the extra picks so many other teams in need of a QB already acquired for next year. I'm excited for him as a fan. I've read a few comps to Derek Carr and would be more than happy if that's how he winds up. Would be snatching him up all day in the mid-late 1st in SF/2QB.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:23 pm

Christian Watson 1.01 talk now? 😂
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:24 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:23 pm Christian Watson 1.01 talk now? 😂
I wouldn't even take him 2.1

But I'm sure the masses will push him up there

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:26 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:24 pm
abloom wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:23 pm Christian Watson 1.01 talk now? 😂
I wouldn't even take him 2.1

But I'm sure the masses will push him up there
I'm here for that. This is pure chaos for fantasy, and I absolutely love it.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:27 pm

10 pages of Christian Watson debate incoming

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:29 pm

So how ideal is the jets landing spot for hall? Somewhere between okay and meh?
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:30 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:29 pm So how ideal is the jets landing spot for hall? Somewhere between okay and meh?
I love it and will jump on all 1.2 trades if someone wants to take Walker 1.1

I'm excited to watch the Jets this year

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:39 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:29 pm So how ideal is the jets landing spot for hall? Somewhere between okay and meh?
It has negative connotation in enough owners minds that he's a potential buy. Your opinion of the spot probably comes down to your thoughts on Zach Wilson, and the direction of their franchise in general. I've made my thoughts on that pretty clear.

He will have a lot of volume, though 3rd down work will require him usurping Carter.

Remember: they're trying to run Niners East. This is a -massive- win for their scheme... they just got their bellcow.