Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GoodellsPaycheck
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Mixon so far

Postby GoodellsPaycheck » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Still very early, but I'm glad we're already seeing some shake up with the coaching staff. Ultimately, hoping Lewis gets the boot but that's a long shot. I think most of us that drafted Mixon are hoping he pans out in the future at the expense of immediate impact

I'm very interested in seeing the jump in value between Mixon and Hill if Hill were to get traded to the Lions or something. Would make for a pretty sweet move for those of us handcuffing this backfield

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Marvin lewis's contract runs out at year end. They are 0-2 and both games so far were at home. I have to imagine it will take a miracle for him to be retained past this season. He's been there for 14 years... only 7 playoff appearances and no playoff wins. He's the longest tenured head coach not named Bill Belichick. I think his time has come, and while the owner is more than happy with mediocrity, it's time to get a different mediocre head coach up there.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:27 pm

I think the Bengals line can be turned around. If you look at the sacks yesterday, the first was a misread blitz and Gio wasn't able to get across to block his man. The second was a CB blitz where no one was anywhere near picking up Jackson. I think a lot of their issue is in coaching and playcalling. Fisher is underwhelming and the interior certainly isn't top tier, but I don't see them getting outmuscled or straight beat that often. They are either missing assignments or being given the wrong assignments. It's also worth noting that the run game wasn't great last year either. Could be that Hill was just overrated, but moving from Jackson to Zampese was likely at least a part of that. No idea if Lazor is the man to turn them around, but firing Zampese seems like the right move to me.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks guys, I definitely didn't draft him for this year. My RBS are good enough for him to sit for the next 2 yrs if needed (also drafted hunt since I had ware 😎). Just the usual first week questioning my every draft move, arob going down made me start to think my wrs aren't as set as I thought coming into the year.
I also can't see Lewis lasting even the year if this form continues. What would it take, 3 weeks without a TD... 4? They made a massive mistake letting those olinemen walk

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:28 pm

I agree. They bring it up over and over. Not once in that KC game did I hear the announcers say.."wow that Tyreek Hill is fast and was charged with domestic assault by strangulation of his PREGNANT girlfriend." I'm not saying what Mixon did wasn't bad, but People are in love with Hill with little to say about his issues....by people, I'm referring mostly to announcers.
Kramer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 am I actually think it's a PR issue to a degree. Every time the announcers talk about Mixon has been preceded with talk about him hitting the girl in college. I think the Bengals might be waiting for Mixon to earn the job so as to win over fans and divert attention from his past and focus it on his play. It's pretty obvious that he's the best back and extremely skilled, but they might want the casual fans to take notice of that on the field before he's the starter. It might just take a breakout game or a couple breakout runs to cross that threshold.

ProjectMayhem11
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ProjectMayhem11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:36 pm

As someone mentioned earlier, the run by Mixon and taking Clowney for ride was impressive. Now with Lazor as the OC, the offensive scheme should be simplified and hopefully feature more of Mixon. In 2014, with Lazor as the OC of Miami, Lamar Miller was featured in a offense that was made to look complex with pre-shift movement. Miller went on to rush for over a 1,000 yards at 5 yards per carry and 8 TDs.
12 Team/23 Roster (PPR, 5pt/TD) QRWWWTFFKD

Devy 1
Q: Rivers, Garoppolo
R: Mixon, Cook, Bernard, Drake, McGuire, R. Freeman
W: Green, A. Robinson, Crabtree,Kupp, Treadwell, Godwin, Goodwin, St. Brown
T: Kelce, Howard, Andrews, ASJ

Devy 2
Q: Stafford, Prescott
R: Mixon, Guice, Du. Johnson, Bernard, Drake, McGuire, Riddick
W: A. Robinson, K. Allen, Cooks, Doctson, Treadwell, Lee, Boyd, Cole, Enunwa
T: Ertz, Njoku, Gesicki, ASJ

Devy 3
Q: Stafford, Garoppolo, Dalton
R: Mixon, Crowell, Riddick, Carson, McGuire, R. Jones II
W: Hopkins, D. Thomas, Doctson, Crabtree, K. Benjamin, Hurns, Godwin, Perriman, St. Brown
T: Kelce, Rudolph, Andrews

Devy 4
Q: Stafford, Goff
R: Mixon, Collins, Bernard, Du. Johnson, R. Freeman
W: Cooks, Diggs, Doctson, M. Jones, Juju Smith, Godwin, J. Matthews, Cole, St. Brown, Boyd, Carroo, Perriman
T: Kelce, Andrews, ASJ

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:06 pm

In the preseason I traded Dalvin Cook + a 2018 1st for Mixon. Needless to say I was a believer, and I am a bit concerned. I don't know how much of this slow start is his fault, as Gio and Hill are at least having the same problem. But he's not yet been the game-changer I was hoping for.

Still, it's no reason to panic. Le'Veon Bell had a bad first season, Trent Richardson and Gurley had good ones. (What, too soon?)

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 pm

I keep hearing that his vision is bad. For the experienced tape guys, can someone help clarify why his vision is considered poor? Whenever I've watched his tape, I just don't see someone who has poor vision. I think Jeremy Hill has poor vision for running. Maybe I'm over complicating this, and people are stating he simply needs glasses. Haha.

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Now is the time to buy. He's still the freaky athlete thats huge with great hands and now he is about to be the feature back as the bengals coaches / management begin to get desperate for offensive production. While the o-line certainly sucks, they are all young and will likely improve over the course of the season. In fact, protection for Dalton wasn't nearly as bad yesterday as it was against the Bengals which shows me the o-line IS improving game over game.

Once Mixon gets volume, he's going to have a high floor while his ceiling is always high given his playmaking / athletic ability. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the feature back as early as next week against the Packers.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:51 pm

The only thing that's going to change with their offense in the near future is AJ getting targeted twice as much.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:48 pm

jimmychoi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:28 pm I agree. They bring it up over and over. Not once in that KC game did I hear the announcers say.."wow that Tyreek Hill is fast and was charged with domestic assault by strangulation of his PREGNANT girlfriend." I'm not saying what Mixon did wasn't bad, but People are in love with Hill with little to say about his issues....by people, I'm referring mostly to announcers.
Kramer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 am I actually think it's a PR issue to a degree. Every time the announcers talk about Mixon has been preceded with talk about him hitting the girl in college. I think the Bengals might be waiting for Mixon to earn the job so as to win over fans and divert attention from his past and focus it on his play. It's pretty obvious that he's the best back and extremely skilled, but they might want the casual fans to take notice of that on the field before he's the starter. It might just take a breakout game or a couple breakout runs to cross that threshold.
You didn't see them pick apart Tyreek Hill because they did that last year when he started blowing up. He was picked apart by a few broadcasters for a couple weeks then it died down. Same thing that should happen here.

Mixon was drafted at the beginning of day 2 not day 3 so he's a bit more in the spotlight... and there's also a video. I doubt Tyreek would even be in the NFL if there was a video of what he did, sorry that's just WAY worse. Cook would be under way more scrutiny and if Dede was playing then his might be the worst honestly. When that spotlight shines you best believe all your shiznit will come to light....
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Buy low. Hill should be gone after this season, and this will be Mixon's backfield at some point. It's hard to judge anything from these first couple games because the o-line and the offense as a whole have been bad, but to me Mixon has at least passed the eyeball test more than the others. Plus Mixon is the only RB CIN can put on the field that doesn't telegraph what the offense intends to do.

I don't think CIN took on a potential PR crap-storm and spent a 2nd on Mixon just to use him as a rotational back in a full blown 3 back committee. If you're taking a risk like this on a player it's because you believe he can be an anchor of your offense and provide huge upside.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:23 pm

I get all the recommendations to buy low on Mixon but I can't imagine anyone that drafted him selling unless there's an overpay.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:29 pm

Yeah I feel most people that drafted Mixon wouldn't let go because they most likely drafted him in those first 5 picks. Buy low seems rough to me unless you are trying to acquire him from a team that is weaker in a certain position (most likely RB) and is looking to contend.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:02 am

onetwothree wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:23 pm I get all the recommendations to buy low on Mixon but I can't imagine anyone that drafted him selling unless there's an overpay.
I could see a scenario if team needed RB help to compete this year. One option would be Mixon+ for Gurley....or something like that .