Harvin v. Williams

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Harvin v. Williams (TB)

Harvin
54%
Williams (TB)
46%

Total votes: 97

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Harvin v. Williams

Postby skip » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 am

Water Buffalo wrote:Your league has funky scoring then or is NOT a PPR league, because he wasn't even close to #12 in any league that was a standard scoring PPR league. He had the 12th spot beat by a good 40 fantasy points.
It is a 1/2 ppr league with standard scoring ( 1 pt per 10 yds, fractional scoring - 6 pts per TD, bonus at 100 yards ).

As to whether statements are ridiculous or not, that is subjective. You'll also note that Percy Harvin is on the team in my sig as I made a trade for him in the middle of the year as my opinion on him changed. But that is also something that I am willing to do...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:37 am

dlf_markb wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:geez.... harvin and its not even close...
...as illustrated by the poll. :eh:
Spencer is an SEC homer as demonstrated by his sig and his past posts... :wink: :D
hahaha hey. best conference in football baby. and im not really a homer... i just recognize the conference that puts out the most NFL ready players with the most natural talent. missed ya dan

harvin is a beast.

mike williams? well, i think freeman hurt him alot this year, freeman regressed badly. however, i for one have never been sold on the Syracuse guy. but who else is there in TB? benn? mike is the go to guy there, so until they draft someone else he will produce ok stats, but like i said before not even close!

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 am

thewhyterabbit wrote: but who else is there in TB? benn? mike is the go to guy there, so until they draft someone else he will produce ok stats, but like i said before not even close!
you don't know that VJax is in TB?

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am

MR ROURKE wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: but who else is there in TB? benn? mike is the go to guy there, so until they draft someone else he will produce ok stats, but like i said before not even close!
you don't know that VJax is in TB?
havnt been keeping up, about to get back in the fold, forgot he went there. whoops. :oops:

Warren
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Warren » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 am

thewhyterabbit wrote: mike williams? well, i think freeman hurt him alot this year, freeman regressed badly. however, i for one have never been sold on the Syracuse guy. but who else is there in TB? benn? mike is the go to guy there, so until they draft someone else he will produce ok stats, but like i said before not even close!
I think Williams did a good enough job hurting himself last season with his partying and being undisciplined overall. I believe a big part of Freeman's regression was due to players like Williams and Blount not giving a bleep. They probably thought the NFL was easy after the success they had in their rookie seasons and that they had already arrived. Freeman is a hard worker and will bounce back, although I doubt he'll ever be an elite QB. Low end QB1 in a 12 team league, at best. Flacco-esque with better rushing stats.
12 team dynasty non-ppr, all TDs worth 6 pts, no deductions for TOs, 25 man roster.
    Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (WR/RB)
      QBs-Rodgers, Freeman, Locker, Kaepernick, Pryor.
        RBs-Forte, Mathews, Beanie, Stewart, Hunter, A.Green, Powell, Saine.
          WRs-Fitz, Julio, AJ Green, Crabtree, Meachem, Hankerson, G.Tate.
            TEs-J.Graham, V.Davis, Cameron.
              K-Metta World Tarsal.
                D-Texans.
                  2012 picks: 1.09, 3.05, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09.
                    Expanding rosters to 30 at rookie draft.

Flounch
                    Combine Attendee
                    Combine Attendee

Postby Flounch » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Harvin all day baby......he can run, catch, return punt and kick, he's got the complete package for an offensive WR and he's a playmaker....

RobertBobson
                    Ring of Fame
                    Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 pm

What I like about this thread, is that I think a bunch of people are making the same mistake with Mike Williams this year, that many of us made with Harvin last year. Last year harvin was a great buy low, this year tampa mike is.
                    12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
                    1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
                    qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
                    RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
                    WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
                    TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

CokeAndBacardi
                    Player of the Year
                    Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:57 am

I love seeing threads like this resurface to keep us all humble.

A fun RB version of this right now might be something along the lines of McFadden v. Mathews. Just like the Harvin v. Williams debate, the first one is uber-talented with top-5 potential WHEN HEALTHY. The second player made big strides last year and some might prefer his situation. Worthy of another thread?
                    10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
                    QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
                    RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
                    WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
                    TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
                    2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

Mangelo
                    Pro Bowler
                    Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:32 am

You gotta admit there's a ton of goodness in hear. From someone claiming we've seen the best of a 22 year old player, to a Pack fan saying Harvin is behind Shiancoe in the target hierarchy, and even a Viking fan who's seen every snap anoint mike will a better player.

If everyone agrees, nobody's thinking.

Pullo Vision
                    Degenerate
                    Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 am

It would have been really cool to have frozen voting, so we could see where everyone stood before the 2011 season. Maybe do that for the DMC/Mathews thread?
                    League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
                    1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Water Buffalo
                    Legend
                    Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:41 am

CokeAndBacardi wrote:I love seeing threads like this resurface to keep us all humble.

A fun RB version of this right now might be something along the lines of McFadden v. Mathews. Just like the Harvin v. Williams debate, the first one is uber-talented with top-5 potential WHEN HEALTHY. The second player made big strides last year and some might prefer his situation. Worthy of another thread?
                    I too love when topics like this resurface. It makes me want to dig for more to see how much of an idiot I am lol:)

Though I was wrong at the time on my voting, I'm at least pleased to have been one of the few that stuck up for Harvin knowing full well that he's very talented and CAN put up big fantasy numbers.

Mangelo
                    Pro Bowler
                    Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Pikachu: BFF wrote:It would have been really cool to have frozen voting, so we could see where everyone stood before the 2011 season. Maybe do that for the DMC/Mathews thread?
                    As of Jan 2nd it was 83% in favor of Tampa mike