Odell Beckham, Jr

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Odell Beckham, Jr

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Big sigh... Future was bright for a second there...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:31 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:12 pm
DJB wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:08 pm Anyone know if it's the same ACL he tore?
Same left knee. No confirmation on the extent of the injury yet. Speculation on ACL again though.
Confirmed as an ACL this morning by Rapaport.

Awful stuff for a guy that was a feel-good redemption-arc story for a second there.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:42 pm

mild wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:31 pm
Same left knee. No confirmation on the extent of the injury yet. Speculation on ACL again though.
Confirmed as an ACL this morning by Rapaport.

Awful stuff for a guy that was a feel-good redemption-arc story for a second there.
At least he got a ring, and scored a TD in the game. He's got something he can carry for the rest of his life. Too bad for the rest of his career, for sure. However, imagine he'd torn it a week ago. Sucks for his Dynasty outlook, and you never want players to get injured, but the guy has generational wealth, and a SB ring. A lot of NFL players never see either of those.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:42 pm At least he got a ring, and scored a TD in the game. He's got something he can carry for the rest of his life. Too bad for the rest of his career, for sure. However, imagine he'd torn it a week ago. Sucks for his Dynasty outlook, and you never want players to get injured, but the guy has generational wealth, and a SB ring. A lot of NFL players never see either of those.
Totally true enough, you speak no lies. Just as a Giants fan, though - this dude had a LOT of baggage around him.

Even as little as 12 months ago, there were questions whether he was completely washed, or a locker room cancer, and if he'd ever play football at a high level again.

Him being a model citizen with total buy in on the Rams, outright helping them win a Championship, and showing everyone that he wasn't washed - and mere months before hitting free agency - it was all great to see, for one of the most dominant fantasy Wide Receivers we've ever seen. "OBJ" used to mean something more than just headaches and poop rumours; it was great to see him turn back the clock for a bit there.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:58 pm

mild wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:42 pm At least he got a ring, and scored a TD in the game. He's got something he can carry for the rest of his life. Too bad for the rest of his career, for sure. However, imagine he'd torn it a week ago. Sucks for his Dynasty outlook, and you never want players to get injured, but the guy has generational wealth, and a SB ring. A lot of NFL players never see either of those.
Totally true enough, you speak no lies. Just as a Giants fan, though - this dude had a LOT of baggage around him.

Even as little as 12 months ago, there were questions whether he was completely washed, or a locker room cancer, and if he'd ever play football at a high level again.

Him being a model citizen with total buy in on the Rams, outright helping them win a Championship, and showing everyone that he wasn't washed - and mere months before hitting free agency - it was all great to see, for one of the most dominant fantasy Wide Receivers we've ever seen. "OBJ" used to mean something more than just headaches and poop rumours; it was great to see him turn back the clock for a bit there.
Agreed, happy to see him get a ring, even though he was a headcase. I wonder if he just retires.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:23 pm

My guess is he resigns with the Rams. They will welcome him back with arms open wide!

Anyone can say what they will about Odell but love him or hate him, he is a big reason they got to big game and won a title.

That will matter to the Rams and their fans big time!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:27 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:58 pm
Agreed, happy to see him get a ring, even though he was a headcase. I wonder if he just retires.
He only made about $35k this season, so I bet he'll keep playing.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:32 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:27 am
Tentatively 35k. Bitcoin could make a jump again. :lol:

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:06 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:27 am
What?

Beckham's deal with the Rams was ultimately a one-year, $1.25 million deal with a $750,00 base salary and up to $3 million in incentives, all of which revolve around team playoff success.

3mill in incentives playoff based and they win the SB. Gonna bet he prolly did ok even with bitcoin flopping.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:22 pm

Thank you about the same knee info.

Tough break for Odell just went his stock was starting to go back up
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: OBJ to Minnesota?

Postby murphysxm » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:27 am

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:28 am some garbage dysfunctional team like the bengals
I think by definition when you reach a super bowl you get removed from this category.......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: OBJ to Minnesota?

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:22 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:27 am
nathanq42 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:28 am some garbage dysfunctional team like the bengals
I think by definition when you reach a super bowl you get removed from this category.......
Minisoda - interesting potential landing spot. He would play alongside JJ at some point, but doesn't really factor into a contender team that he might desire. I'm also not sure which direction MIN is going in yet in rebuilding or contending. A lot stems on what GB does in the near future here.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th