Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:32 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:24 pm I dont understand why it is so hard for some people to understand what FantasyFreak is saying. While this Zeke event and the most recent Hunt event, were absolutely nothing at all and just sounded like stupid drunk stuff, it does still decrease their value, because it shows stupidity, and for some owners in leagues the general stupidity is going to make them stay away from these players. There really is not anything to argue about that point. Its spot on. Im not wanting to burn Zeke at the stake, but the guy is an absolute idiot and for may owners thats a turn off and instead of paying for a guy like zeke they will pay up for a guy like Saquon or CMC
You just want to pick and choose what you respond to? I said it added risk to both. Yet you include parts of what I said, but say people don't understand what FantasyFreak is saying.
Because i wasnt just directing this at you, if i was i would have said you specifically or quoted you. I was making a general statement in regards to the people who side with your point of view on this and in the hunt thread which im not sure you are a part of.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:34 pm It "decreases their value" to who?
Their owners? If that is a no, then it is irrelevant.

I did not see any buy Zeke cheap deals from this "news"..
To other owners in other leagues. For instance someone in my league turned down Zeke and 2 2020 firsts (a class that has already been insanely hyped, increasing those pick values) for barkley due mostly to this kind of stuff. My league isnt the only league that sort of stuff is happening in

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Personality "issues" aside; a heavily utilized running back going into his second contract is an unwise investment versus the leading receiver of the Giants going into his second year - an argument could still be made for the Barkley side easily.

The cliff is coming for Zeke.

But outlier situations are everywhere; it does not make it the norm.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm
smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:32 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:24 pm I dont understand why it is so hard for some people to understand what FantasyFreak is saying. While this Zeke event and the most recent Hunt event, were absolutely nothing at all and just sounded like stupid drunk stuff, it does still decrease their value, because it shows stupidity, and for some owners in leagues the general stupidity is going to make them stay away from these players. There really is not anything to argue about that point. Its spot on. Im not wanting to burn Zeke at the stake, but the guy is an absolute idiot and for may owners thats a turn off and instead of paying for a guy like zeke they will pay up for a guy like Saquon or CMC
You just want to pick and choose what you respond to? I said it added risk to both. Yet you include parts of what I said, but say people don't understand what FantasyFreak is saying.
Because i wasnt just directing this at you, if i was i would have said you specifically or quoted you. I was making a general statement in regards to the people who side with your point of view on this and in the hunt thread which im not sure you are a part of.
It’s odd you say this after I and Fantasyfreak go back and forth and then say it’s my point of view as well as others you are talking about, but say you weren’t directing it at me.
Regardless, my point remains risk yes, value loss absolutely not.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, Kupp, KA, JSN, T. Boyd, Mingo, Thomas, Toney
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01
2025: 1, 2, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, JT, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Burrow, Cousins, Watson, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:32 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 pm Ticking time bomb sounds more like crucifying the guy than coming at this from a neutral stance and seeing what happens.
Sure. You can interpret it that way. I am not promoting for him to be suspended, or anything, so not sure how I am "crucifying" the guy. I'm simply saying that I think his off field issues are a major concern in a Dynasty context, for myself. Kind of hard to take a neutral stance on it, though, if you are into Fantasy Football and he's on your team or offered to you. You pretty much either have to decide if you think he's a risk, and if so how much of one, or if he isn't a risk. This in turn, will affect (on won't affect) the value you place on the player, for yourself.

I personally think that he is a high risk player due to off field issues, at an already high risk position. Seeing as he is a top 3-5 Dynasty player in most formats based on ADP, I felt it warranted discussion. My contention is that unless he changes his behaviour, he is bound to do something that gets him suspended again. He can change, but has not shown the capacity to really put to rest the off field concerns for me. That is why I traded him. If he gets another suspension, it could be lengthy and for a RB, who's shelf life is shorter, that's a big deal. He may keep clean and never have an issue again, that is a possibility, too.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm

I’m confused, are people really saying that an nfl player is actually a bomb? Like, he will literally explode?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 pm

Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 pm No suspension is now official.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... suspension
That’s negligent, they shouldn’t let him on the field until he’s been defused at least

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm I’m confused, are people really saying that an nfl player is actually a bomb? Like, he will literally explode?
Zeke everywhere
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:44 pm

That’s negligent, they shouldn’t let him on the field until he’s been defused at least
You're really running with this gag.
Janiel Dones Truther

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm I’m confused, are people really saying that an nfl player is actually a bomb? Like, he will literally explode?
As long as he doesn't get "lit" he should be safe.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 pm

I knew there was something that burst out at me in this picture..

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:30 am

Cherokee wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:46 pm
Zeke everywhere
Chyeah. Who's going to want to tackle that?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:02 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Would you rather I walk?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:02 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Would you rather I walk?
:clap: