Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Postby Phaded » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am

No suspension.
No surprise.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Another over reaction. I can't remember last offseason, but this seems like a bunch of over reactions this offseason.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, Kupp, KA, JSN, T. Boyd, Mingo, Thomas, Toney
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01
2025: 1, 2, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, JT, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Burrow, Cousins, Watson, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Yeah, everyone is ready to chastise every small thing.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:23 pm

This likely bodes well for Hunt
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:24 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm Another over reaction. I can't remember last offseason, but this seems like a bunch of over reactions this offseason.
Remember LeSean McCoy's ex?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:30 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm Another over reaction. I can't remember last offseason, but this seems like a bunch of over reactions this offseason.
Can't help but notice you have Hunt AND Zeke, so I assume you are referencing the Hunt thing as well. On their own, these events aren't much, however when player's exhibit patterns of behavior that can and sometimes doe lead to suspensions, it makes it more relevant to the Dynasty landscape. Both Hunt and Zeke have prior histories of behavioral issues, so it's not suprising that it's talked about. Hunt probably on his last shot, so it's not surprising it's being discussed. I don't think Zeke deserved to be suspended, but it's certainly troubling that he continues to put himself in situations like this. Some people don't view it as an issue, and some do, so regardless, it does somewhat affect their value when a certain percentage of people determine them high risk players, as they will be less likely to trade heavy amounts of capital for the player, or draft them as highly. Everyone is free to run their fake football team however they want, but off field issues/concerns will always be discussed, as it is necessary in evaluating players long term.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:34 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:24 pm
Remember LeSean McCoy's ex?
and the supposed Dez Video? But then, remember Ray Rice? He got a 2 game suspension BEFORE the video was released. Thing is, people don't always know what is happening, but when news breaks of a potential incident or suspension, FF players have to brace for the worst, because sometimes it is the case. When news of potential suspension worthy events come out, an it's only natural that people are going to to talk about it. Especially in the off season, when no football is being played.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:30 pm
Can't help but notice you have Hunt AND Zeke, so I assume you are referencing the Hunt thing as well. On their own, these events aren't much, however when player's exhibit patterns of behavior that can and sometimes doe lead to suspensions, it makes it more relevant to the Dynasty landscape. Both Hunt and Zeke have prior histories of behavioral issues, so it's not suprising that it's talked about. Hunt probably on his last shot, so it's not surprising it's being discussed. I don't think Zeke deserved to be suspended, but it's certainly troubling that he continues to put himself in situations like this. Some people don't view it as an issue, and some do, so regardless, it does somewhat affect their value when a certain percentage of people determine them high risk players, as they will be less likely to trade heavy amounts of capital for the player, or draft them as highly. Everyone is free to run their fake football team however they want, but off field issues/concerns will always be discussed, as it is necessary in evaluating players long term.
Discussed, absolutely. Reaching verdicts about the players based on limited knowledge is a fools errand. Just like the thread title here you started it seems like people want the players to burn at the stake. This was a minor incident. The follow up Hunt incident (after the one he kicked the female) was a non issue.
The only thing I think I can agree with you is that it does add more risk to these players having these minor issues. These are the exact incidents I would be trying to buy these players, however, because if their owner values them lower then before this (Zeke's non issue) I think I gained value.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:49 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm
Discussed, absolutely. Reaching verdicts about the players based on limited knowledge is a fools errand. Just like the thread title here you started it seems like people want the players to burn at the stake. This was a minor incident. The follow up Hunt incident (after the one he kicked the female) was a non issue.
The only thing I think I can agree with you is that it does add more risk to these players having these minor issues. These are the exact incidents I would be trying to buy these players, however, because if their owner values them lower then before this (Zeke's non issue) I think I gained value.
Agree with this. However I don't have either Hunt or Zeke on my rosters. When I look into their value, I decrease it due to off field concerns, if a trade offer is ever thrown my way. I had both on my rosters at one point, and moved them for what would be "market value". I would not look to acquire these players, personally, but everyone has their own way of doing it. As for the Hunt thing, it appears to be less severe than initially stated, to say the least. Obviously the Browns don't see it as a "complete" non issue, as they pulled him in to talk to him. I doubt the league will, but it's still less than ideal for him and his future. Like it or not, this will be mentioned by the Browns, or anyone else thinking of signing him in 2020, when deciding the pros and cons of offering him a contract.

As for Zeke, the reason I posted the thread is he has shown a bad pattern of behavior, and worry that he may at some point slip up worse. I mean, he lifted a girls shirt up in public while being investigated by the league for abuse of a woman, and of course there were other things, but I just feel at some point he will do something that gets him suspended again, unless he somehow changes his ways. Let's put it this way. If he does the same thing he just did (a non issue for some), he will almost certainly get suspended. So while this issue doesn't seem to be a big deal, it is a strike against him if something else happens in the future.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Agree with this. However I don't have either Hunt or Zeke on my rosters. When I look into their value, I decrease it due to off field concerns, if a trade offer is ever thrown my way. I had both on my rosters at one point, and moved them for what would be "market value". I would not look to acquire these players, personally, but everyone has their own way of doing it. As for the Hunt thing, it appears to be less severe than initially stated, to say the least. Obviously the Browns don't see it as a "complete" non issue, as they pulled him in to talk to him. I doubt the league will, but it's still less than ideal for him and his future. Like it or not, this will be mentioned by the Browns, or anyone else thinking of signing him in 2020, when deciding the pros and cons of offering him a contract.

As for Zeke, the reason I posted the thread is he has shown a bad pattern of behavior, and worry that he may at some point slip up worse. I mean, he lifted a girls shirt up in public while being investigated by the league for abuse of a woman, and of course there were other things, but I just feel at some point he will do something that gets him suspended again, unless he somehow changes his ways. Let's put it this way. If he does the same thing he just did (a non issue for some), he will almost certainly get suspended. So while this issue doesn't seem to be a big deal, it is a strike against him if something else happens in the future.
The league said the personal conduct policy was not violated. I don't see this as a strike at all. I see this as a let's make sure we cover our basis since their is a video of you walking closely to someone and knocking them over.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:57 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:49 pm

The league said the personal conduct policy was not violated. I don't see this as a strike at all. I see this as a let's make sure we cover our basis since their is a video of you walking closely to someone and knocking them over.
The PCP has some wiggle room. Talking about doing things detrimental to the NFL brand. I don't want to go through the entire thing, but I stand by what I said. I believe if the NFL is on the fence about a future event, this will come in to play in their decision making. I'll bet that was probably even mentioned to him when he met the Commish. I'm not here to hate on the guy, just trying to talk about the future consequences if he does slip up again.
Janiel Dones Truther

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 pm

Ticking time bomb sounds more like crucifying the guy than coming at this from a neutral stance and seeing what happens.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:24 pm

I dont understand why it is so hard for some people to understand what FantasyFreak is saying. While this Zeke event and the most recent Hunt event, were absolutely nothing at all and just sounded like stupid drunk stuff, it does still decrease their value, because it shows stupidity, and for some owners in leagues the general stupidity is going to make them stay away from these players. There really is not anything to argue about that point. Its spot on. Im not wanting to burn Zeke at the stake, but the guy is an absolute idiot and for may owners thats a turn off and instead of paying for a guy like zeke they will pay up for a guy like Saquon or CMC

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:32 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:24 pm I dont understand why it is so hard for some people to understand what FantasyFreak is saying. While this Zeke event and the most recent Hunt event, were absolutely nothing at all and just sounded like stupid drunk stuff, it does still decrease their value, because it shows stupidity, and for some owners in leagues the general stupidity is going to make them stay away from these players. There really is not anything to argue about that point. Its spot on. Im not wanting to burn Zeke at the stake, but the guy is an absolute idiot and for may owners thats a turn off and instead of paying for a guy like zeke they will pay up for a guy like Saquon or CMC
You just want to pick and choose what you respond to? I said it added risk to both. Yet you include parts of what I said, but say people don't understand what FantasyFreak is saying.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:34 pm

It "decreases their value" to who?
Their owners? If that is a no, then it is irrelevant.

I did not see any buy Zeke cheap deals from this "news"..