New Rookie Mock- Underway

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Re: New Rookie Mock- Underway

Postby aaroneous » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:33 am

2.05 I guess I'll take the leap, and know this is a bit on the assumption that he goes as the first QB off the board, but I'll take Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville. I think the concerns over him are overblown. This guy has what it takes to help his team move forward. If Manziel goes first, I'd likely take him here, Bortles on the other hand I'd wait. I think its interesting to see if teams decide to build a team and then draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd like Wilson after watching Seahawks.

In a real draft, I'd probably go another position as I think there's developmental value that'll be available in the 3rd at QB.
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
RB Foster, Peterson, Spiller, Khiry Robinson, Riddick,
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin
TE Cameron, Pitta, Bostick, Kelce, Griffin

2014: 2.01, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.10; 3.01, 3.02, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09

Team 2 - 12 team ppr - 21 man roster/4 man TS - 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1 DST 1 K
QB - Romo, Vick
RB - Lamar, Greene, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Helu
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith
TE - Green, Witten, Robinson
2014: 1.08, 2.05, 3.08, 4.05

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/a_swinderman

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:44 am

With the 2.06 I select LSU WR Jarvis Landry.

I really like his overall game - nice size, solid speed, competes for the ball in the air. While he doesn't blow you away with anything, I think he's a solid overall blend and will be a solid WR. Not sure what his ceiling is, but at 2.06 I feel he's a solid player who can add value to a roster.

I should also say that as a super flex player I can't believe how discounted QB's are in 1QB leagues. Surprised they are all the majority, given that they more or less remove a position from relevance. Yes it is important, but the draft just shows how it is overlooked, which is the opposite of the real draft. People could say NFL teams only start 1 QB, but to that I would counter that the NFL also has more than 12-16 teams and highly values QB's. This isn't the appropriate spot to discuss this, but this is my first 1QB mock and I'm just surprised that people who love fantasy so much go in leagues where the key position is almost an afterthought...
Last edited by FiremanEd on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRascal88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheRascal88 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:20 pm

It seems like the site has been having some tech issues today
Team 1- 12 Team PPR 1QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5WR, 1-2 TE:

QB: Matthew Stafford, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Zeke Elliott, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman
WR: Nuk, Davante Adams, DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, Robert Woods, Jamison Crowder, Cole Beasley, Gabe Davis
TE: Travis Kelce, Jared Cook

Team 2- 12 Team PPR TE premium 1QB, 2-7 RB, 2-7 WR, 1-6 TE:

QB- Deshaun Watson, Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Ronald Jones, Latavius Murray, Carlos Hyde
WR- Tyreek Hill, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, TY Hilton, Adam Humphries
TE- TJ Hockenson

Picks- 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:52 pm

TheRascal88 wrote:It seems like the site has been having some tech issues today
Glad i'm not the only one experiencing this
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin

QB - Romo, Vick
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 pm

FiremanEd wrote:With the 2.06 I select LSU WR Jarvis Landry.

I really like his overall game - nice size, solid speed, competes for the ball in the air. While he doesn't blow you away with anything, I think he's a solid overall blend and will be a solid WR. Not sure what his ceiling is, but at 2.06 I feel he's a solid player who can add value to a roster.

I should also say that as a super flex player I can't believe how discounted QB's are in 1QB leagues. Surprised they are all the majority, given that they more or less remove a position from relevance. Yes it is important, but the draft just shows how it is overlooked, which is the opposite of the real draft. People could say NFL teams only start 1 QB, but to that I would counter that the NFL also has more than 12-16 teams and highly values QB's. This isn't the appropriate spot to discuss this, but this is my first 1QB mock and I'm just surprised that people who love fantasy so much go in leagues where the key position is almost an afterthought...
I'm definitely starting to feel like I want to join some 2 qb or superflex leagues. I felt like normally I wanted to take Landry because I knew QBs would keep falling, but realistically having them ignored until mid way through the 2nd seemed a bit much. I think part of it is the uncertainty surrounding who goes where right now but... c'mon.

QB Rivers, Kaepernick

QB - Romo, Vick

TheRascal88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheRascal88 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:03 pm

I also have never done a 2QB or Superflex league and don't know if I will or not. However, the reason that QBs are so discounted in standard leagues is because after the first few are off the board (Peyton, Brees and Rodgers) the rest are pretty much in the same tier points wise. For example, in my main league, Peyton scored 430pts and Brees had 348pts. After those two guys, there were 14 QBs within 50pts of eachother (Stafford all the way down to Tannehill). So, in a startup draft, if i don't get one of those top 2-3 QBs, why would I take one in that big group when i can load up on Wrs and RBs and then grab a QB in the 5th,6th or 7th round? In a rookie draft, assuming there isn't a Luck, Cam or RGIII type prospect, why would I use a high pick on a QB who is most likely going to end up in that large group of "average" QBs?

To me, its all about the uncertainty surrounding the rookie QBs and where they will land. If Bridgewater ends up in Houston or Cleveland, he wouldn't have made it out of the 1st. Just my rational on your thoughts.

WR: Nuk, Davante Adams, DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, Robert Woods, Jamison Crowder, Cole Beasley, Gabe Davis

TE- TJ Hockenson

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 pm

At 2.07 I will take tre mason.
Walter football has him going to Tennessee where I believe he can start.

Not in love with mason but with the 19th pick in the draft I got my personal #5 rb. To me incredible value. If I walk with Hyde in mason in my real draft I will be thrilled!
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 pm

These tech issues keep resurfacing. I hope they get the bugs out soon.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:42 am

Well, issues or not, this is way slower than I expected.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:49 am

swinderman wrote:
FiremanEd wrote:With the 2.06 I select LSU WR Jarvis Landry.

I'm definitely starting to feel like I want to join some 2 qb or superflex leagues. I felt like normally I wanted to take Landry because I knew QBs would keep falling, but realistically having them ignored until mid way through the 2nd seemed a bit much. I think part of it is the uncertainty surrounding who goes where right now but... c'mon.
In my opinion, the best fix is not to have 2 QBs, but to have a scoring system where good quarterbacking is highly valued and bad quarterbacking has poor value. For example: TDs are 6 pts, INTs are -4 (or more) pts, pts for first downs, and pts given per comp & subtracted per incomp (a way to factor in the completion %). And make sure the system has the QB#1 ranking significantly higher points than the #1 of any other position, as well as a somewhat even spread from QB#1 to QB#12 (or 16, or 24, or 32, etc.).

I'm still trying to perfect one such system...
The standard is the standard.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:57 am

I feel that is forcing their value by making their impact such that a single position can impact an entire matchup. Not sure how it changes things overall though given that only 12 start and 10 are locks. Sure a backup will have a little more value, but one guy keeps you set for 8 years.

I don't like 2QB leagues. It can be far too much a struggle to even get two if things break poorly.

Super flex with 4PT TDs is my preference given that it allows team flexibility, improves QB usefulness, and while still giving QBs high value, primarily still values those top guys. However, people are more likely to want that next QB even when they have one to have two starting. In my opinion, this takes the position away from the stale and stagnant position a 1 QB generally will bring.

Just my opinion though, and I can appreciate other people liking other formats. That said, like was mentioned, QBs in the standard format just lose appeal and are afterthoughts to RB/WR, which is an odd concept...

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 am

FiremanEd wrote:I feel that is forcing their value by making their impact such that a single position can impact an entire matchup. Not sure how it changes things overall though given that only 12 start and 10 are locks. Sure a backup will have a little more value, but one guy keeps you set for 8 years.
Is this not how a QB is in the NFL?
The standard is the standard.

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:28 pm

FiremanEd wrote:I feel that is forcing their value by making their impact such that a single position can impact an entire matchup. Not sure how it changes things overall though given that only 12 start and 10 are locks. Sure a backup will have a little more value, but one guy keeps you set for 8 years.
Definitely lead to me drafting a young guy for the first time in my startup so that I can more or less ignore the position with the exception of grabbing a backup that someone sees as too old every couple years.

QB Rivers, Kaepernick

QB - Romo, Vick

TheRascal88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheRascal88 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Just a heads up that I did notify flashgordon that he is OTC. If he doesn't pick by 7pm tonight, We'll just have someone make the pick and move along.

TE- TJ Hockenson

N.C. Nightcrawlers
Rookie
Rookie

Postby N.C. Nightcrawlers » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:13 pm

I was worried you guys might be waiting on me. Been a hectic day at work. I'll keep my eyes open.
Est. 2013 Dynasty league :10 Team : 20 roster spots:2IR Spots : .5 PPR
Starting Lineup: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE , 1 Flex

QB: Matt Ryan / Tyler Bray ( IR )

RB: Giovani Bernard /Jerrick McKinnon / Monte Ball Jeremy Hill / Bobby Rainey / Christine Michael Charles Sims / Theo Riddick / C.J. Spiller ( IR )

WR: Julio Jones / Sammy Watkins / Brandin Cooks Mike Evans / Justin Hunter / Jordan Matthews Martavis Bryant

TE: Jimmy Graham / Julius Thomas

K: Bailey
D: Texans