Zach Wilson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Zach Wilson

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:13 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:04 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:00 pm He has all the tools. I think he would have benefitted immensely had he gone the Mahomes route and sat an entire year. I think it actually set back his development playing immediately on an awful team. Could probably say the same thing for Lawrence too.
I agree on Wilson. He was more raw than billed in college

Lawrence probably had to play though. No one was going to sit a "generational talent" for your run of the mill backup. The coaching staff being Urban Meyer hurt him more IMO
Right. What’s odd is he was hyper accurate in college and has been erratic in the nfl. I think it has to do with comfort level, which is why I think sitting would have helped. He also had a bad habit of trying to extend plays/drives too much in college and that carried itself over into the nfl and manifested itself into all those INTs. If he just learns to give up on a play and run, which he’s better at this year, and becomes more comfortable with the offense and nfl speed, like I said he has all the tools to be great.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 pm

I'd take Wilson over Mac, because of ceiling. Mac isn't going to be a difference maker. A QB2 that you're not even thrilled to have on a SF, really should be more of a QB3. IF Wilson hits, which is a big IF, but IF he does, he could be your QB1.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:21 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:13 pm Right. What’s odd is he was hyper accurate in college and has been erratic in the nfl. I think it has to do with comfort level, which is why I think sitting would have helped. He also had a bad habit of trying to extend plays/drives too much in college and that carried itself over into the nfl and manifested itself into all those INTs. If he just learns to give up on a play and run, which he’s better at this year, and becomes more comfortable with the offense and nfl speed, like I said he has all the tools to be great.
All I know is... if Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson can both develop their footwork into being able to hit their checkdowns, then (surely!) so can Zach Wilson.

Ridiculous that this guy can throw 70 yards off his back foot whilst rolling left, yet misses the short yardage check downs on the reg.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:47 pm

Some beautiful throws for sure. Not sure if the clock runs out before its too late. Buying him for any 2nd or later isnt a bad move
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:55 am

mild wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:52 pmA question for the forum: who would you rather own going forward?

Zach Wilson
Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Mac Jones

Asking for a friend! :thumbup:
Wilson by a mile for me
Mac
Lance
Fields

I have one share of Wilson and none of the other guys. I'm lukewarm about my Wilson share, but not crazy confident he's a sure thing. I don't think Lance has it. I don't think Mac will ever be more than a slightly better version of Hoyer/Brissett - he has been maybe slightly better than those guys, but he's behind, say JimmyG. I don't think is as guaranteed as some seem to think that Mac definitely has a 5+year window in NE.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:07 pm

QB School. Guess who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vd0uxWNVJM

Lots of arm talent on display. Also some egregious misses and a couple bad decisions per usual.

As always: if this young guy can keep growing, and improve that ratio of good-to-bad... there might be something decent here.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:15 pm

mild wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:07 pm QB School. Guess who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vd0uxWNVJM

Lots of arm talent on display. Also some egregious misses and a couple bad decisions per usual.

As always: if this young guy can keep growing, and improve that ratio of good-to-bad... there might be something decent here.
Coupled with Kurt Warner saying play design/bad routes/laziness is contributing to issues.

https://youtu.be/4yYeHScO_e0

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 am

Great videos. He definitely shows flashes. Just need some consistency.

The bad routes/design hopefully improves for him as well.

Don't own any shares but might send out some offers soon

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:44 am

The cost is so low…and he still probably is the most talented and likely to pan out, outside of Lawrence of course.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:46 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:14 pm
Wilson
Lance
Fields
Jones
I can't trust a list of QB's that includes Fields and doesn't have him last
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:31 am

https://twitter.com/dougkyed/status/157 ... _kXrJFgQxQ

I have a sneaky feeling they win in Lambeau next week

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:12 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:31 am https://twitter.com/dougkyed/status/157 ... _kXrJFgQxQ

Why even sneaky?

Pack got taken to the brink by the Bailey Zappe "I haven't practiced with these guys" Patriots, and thwomped by the Fighting Daniel Jones's (Fighting Saquon Barkley's if I'm being real).

They are simply not good. The offense is all screens and short passes. Doubs looks promising, but can't run routes properly yet and therefore profiles best as a Go ball threat. And for a defense that has had that much draft capital thrown at it (at the expense of allocating premium dc to the offense / their HoF QB) they have looked incredibly toothless thus far. Both Zappe and Jones were getting chunk gains, with nobodies playing WR.

Jets are most certainly live dogs vs. the Pack.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:19 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:31 am https://twitter.com/dougkyed/status/157 ... _kXrJFgQxQ

That list just hurts to look at. There was such high hopes for all of them in a "deep" class. Not saying they all have been given the best tools to work with, but it's been rough.

Just out of curiosity is this something more common that I haven't noticed? High drafted QB's picked to be the saviors of terrible teams, but can't amount to anything due to the ineptitude around them? It's still too early to tell, but just a random thought. Outside of Lance (who was given the keys to a Ferrari) they came into some difficult situations.

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:15 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:55 am
mild wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:52 pmA question for the forum: who would you rather own going forward?

Zach Wilson
Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Mac Jones

Asking for a friend! :thumbup:
Wilson by a mile for me
Mac
Lance
Fields

I have one share of Wilson and none of the other guys. I'm lukewarm about my Wilson share, but not crazy confident he's a sure thing. I don't think Lance has it. I don't think Mac will ever be more than a slightly better version of Hoyer/Brissett - he has been maybe slightly better than those guys, but he's behind, say JimmyG. I don't think is as guaranteed as some seem to think that Mac definitely has a 5+year window in NE.
What if we added Tua to this list, where you compare him to Wilson going forward. We obviously have to weigh the concussion risk going forward, but production seems comparable.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:25 am

mild wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:12 pm

Why even sneaky?

Pack got taken to the brink by the Bailey Zappe "I haven't practiced with these guys" Patriots, and thwomped by the Fighting Daniel Jones's (Fighting Saquon Barkley's if I'm being real).

They are simply not good. The offense is all screens and short passes. Doubs looks promising, but can't run routes properly yet and therefore profiles best as a Go ball threat. And for a defense that has had that much draft capital thrown at it (at the expense of allocating premium dc to the offense / their HoF QB) they have looked incredibly toothless thus far. Both Zappe and Jones were getting chunk gains, with nobodies playing WR.

Jets are most certainly live dogs vs. the Pack.
I’m excited to see my new team beat my old team this week. Jets D is underrated and Packers offense is nowhere close to where we are accustomed.