OT: Should NFL CBA treat RBs differently?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: OT: Should NFL CBA treat RBs differently?

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:39 pm

I interpret it as $60mm new money, so add on his 2018 and 2019 money from his rookie deal for a total of probably ~$70mm over 6 years.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:39 pm I interpret it as $60mm new money, so add on his 2018 and 2019 money from his rookie deal for a total of probably ~$70mm over 6 years.
Yeah, I think you're right.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Happy for Gurley - guess we shall see how the other teams respond (ie Dallas with Elliott, SD with Gordon, etc).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:47 am

Ice wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:05 am Agree or not, I don't see a chance a in Hades the league getting rid of the franchise tag. The players are making huge sums of money and the league which holds the vast majority of the risks of business are sharing over 60% of all revenues. The salary cap for each team in 2018 is approximately 177 plus million. This is a 10 million increase per team over last year.

It is ridiculous think the NFL will cede all rules that insulate them from league risk and competitive balance. Players should consider themselves lucky to have some protections such as guaranteed contracts in such a violent sport.

A FRANCHISE CONTRACT is fully guaranteed. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a risk to an owner is flat out wrong. There are 14,554,000 reasons the Steelers now have risk on Bell.

The NFL average price is 4 Million.

To put Bell's contract in perspective. Bell is the highest paid RB in the league this year by $6,200,000.

Anyone who doesn't think he is winning as he pulls down 8.3 million more this year than Zeke and $10,000,000 more than the league average might want to reevaluate.
The owners are not sharing 60% of any type of revenue. The highest point is 55% of media revenue. After that it's 45% from sponsorships and 40% of local revenue. The owners have zero risk in the NFL. Owning a team is free money and one of the best investments around. There is a lineup of billionaires wanting in.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:15 am

Does this make Bell look less ridiculous for declining his offer? I mean the guy should be getting paid more than Gurley even at 26.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:30 am

I mean, Bell is 2.5 years older at a position that seems to have a very volatile shelf life. Couple that with the workload Bell has seen, while prior past may point towards the same value, i can see where other teams would be hesitant to invest that much guaranteed money.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:56 pm

UATahoe wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:30 am I mean, Bell is 2.5 years older at a position that seems to have a very volatile shelf life. Couple that with the workload Bell has seen, while prior past may point towards the same value, i can see where other teams would be hesitant to invest that much guaranteed money.
That's definitely fair but that has to be the most frustrating argument from the players perspective. He wasn't a 1st round draft pick so he really didn't make much money on his rookie deal, should he have demanded to only get 300 touches per year instead of 400?