Matthew Stafford Thread - Year 13 Rejuvenated in LA?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Stafford

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Actually all his stats excluding total yards and TD's are back up to his 2011 numbers. He is only off by a couple 100 total yards and of course TDs are hard to predict but he is pacing for 32. I like seeing his pass completion % up, yards per completion, and QB rating.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:14 pm

justinkilmer wrote:Actually all his stats excluding total yards and TD's are back up to his 2011 numbers. He is only off by a couple 100 total yards and of course TDs are hard to predict but he is pacing for 32. I like seeing his pass completion % up, yards per completion, and QB rating.
Glad to see the sky isn't falling with this guy. Cooler heads prevailed.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:41 pm

justinkilmer wrote:It's nice to see Stafford starting to get it together again. I think it would almost be good for him if he was without Megatron for a few games. It would probably get him to work a little harder.
Oddly, I kind of agree with this. Stafford needs to prove he can not only spread it around but actually make his WRs better. So far he made Durham and Fauria relevant, so I think he's off to a good start. :)

lostcause
Captain
Captain

Postby lostcause » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:15 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:
justinkilmer wrote:It's nice to see Stafford starting to get it together again. I think it would almost be good for him if he was without Megatron for a few games. It would probably get him to work a little harder.
Oddly, I kind of agree with this. Stafford needs to prove he can not only spread it around but actually make his WRs better. So far he made Durham and Fauria relevant, so I think he's off to a good start. :)
I also agree with this. Brett Favre would have never become a Hall of Famer if Sterling had not gotten hurt, imho. He was consistently locked into him (for good reason), but when forced to develop - he did.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Another solid game from Stafford. Some people had him outside their top 10 going into the year. He was a great buy low for those who believed in him.

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah....Stafford sucks :crazy:

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Take away Calvin Johnson's production and Stafford's stat line was 19-34 159 0TDs and 2 INTs. Today was an exhibition of Calvin's brilliance, not Stafford's.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:19 pm

dm1129 wrote:Take away Calvin Johnson's production and Stafford's stat line was 19-34 159 0TDs and 2 INTs. Today was an exhibition of Calvin's brilliance, not Stafford's.
That's bullsh!t.

Way to just make up stats to push your agenda.

Did you watch the game? Did you not see the intelligent play at the end when he faked the spike and dove into the end zone? Did you miss all the great, accurate throws he had all day long?

Try watching the game instead of looking at box scores...you might actually learn something.

Haters gonna hate.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:38 pm

dm1129 wrote:Take away Calvin Johnson's production and Stafford's stat line was 19-34 159 0TDs and 2 INTs. Today was an exhibition of Calvin's brilliance, not Stafford's.
You've got to be kidding...take out Calvin's production? I guess he threw the ball to himself. I swear sometimes people will say the craziest things in this forum. Its funny how you left the interception that Calvin created in there...

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:54 pm

That's silly. You can't say that. Ever.

Ya know what, if Cal Ripken Jr didn't play all those games, he never woulda came close to Lou Gherig's record!

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:59 pm

TryingToWin wrote:
That's silly. You can't say that. Ever.

Ya know what, if Cal Ripken Jr didn't play all those games, he never woulda came close to Lou Gherig's record!
If Randy Moss didn't catch all those TDs, Brady would have never broken the TD record.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:34 pm

WZA wrote:
That's bullsh!t.

Did you watch the game? Did you not see the intelligent play at the end when he faked the spike and dove into the end zone? Did you miss all the great, accurate throws he had all day long?

Try watching the game instead of looking at box scores...you might actually learn something.

Haters gonna hate.
LOL, you are funny. Are you seriously going to use the fake spike then dive into the end-zone as proof of Stafford's QB skill? SERIOUSLY? Thank you for your fact based analysis, honestly I did not think to watch a game before now!!! So you're saying if a person watches a game, it helps in evaluating talent? Apparently not in your case. The fact is Stafford was mediocre/poor today when throwing to anyone not named Calvin. I know the response is going to be; "Well he doesn't have anyone else to throw to, blah, blah, blah." Well in effect you're saying that poor receivers make Stafford a poor QB and when he throws to Calvin, he IS A STUD QB! The lack of logic in that argument is amusing. Clearly Stafford does not make the players around him better than they actually are. Elite players do that. The fact is Calvin makes Stafford better than he actually is, because Calvin is an elite talent.

Today was an exhibition of Calvin Johnson's elite talent.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Alot of Staffords passes were absolutely perfect. Nough said.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Oh wow. I don't know if I've seen a worse attempt at an argument on these boards in months. This isn't really even worth the time.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:32 pm

dm1129 wrote:
WZA wrote:
That's bullsh!t.

Haters gonna hate.
LOL, you are funny. Are you seriously going to use the fake spike then dive into the end-zone as proof of Stafford's QB skill? SERIOUSLY? Thank you for your fact based analysis, honestly I did not think to watch a game before now!!! So you're saying if a person watches a game, it helps in evaluating talent? Apparently not in your case. The fact is Stafford was mediocre/poor today when throwing to anyone not named Calvin. I know the response is going to be; "Well he doesn't have anyone else to throw to, blah, blah, blah." Well in effect you're saying that poor receivers make Stafford a poor QB and when he throws to Calvin, he IS A STUD QB! The lack of logic in that argument is amusing. Clearly Stafford does not make the players around him better than they actually are. Elite players do that. The fact is Calvin makes Stafford better than he actually is, because Calvin is an elite talent.

Today was an exhibition of Calvin Johnson's elite talent.
You're right. Guess we should subtract all of Jerry Rice's yards and ads from Joe Montana and Steve Young. Those guys sucked! They obviously only benefited from playing with the greatest WR of all time. :crazy: