All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: All Things Bears

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:15 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:48 pm With Roschon missing time with an undisclosed injury, I think Herbert is likely RB1, with Foreman spelling him to start the year. Rookies missing camp is never good for their early season prognosis, and usually even round 2 RB's get very limited touches the first month or two of the season. A day 3 guy, who's 3rd at best on the depth chart, and missing time, won't likely have much impact early on.
Yeah, it helps my Herbert shares, but I think he's going to take over eventually, like next year at the latest.
Unless they draft a more talented player. Roschon has an uphill battle to unseat the RB's on that current roster this season. Herbert is a more talented/explosive runner, and Foreman showed well last year. I'd be very surprised if Roschon is the leading ball carrier on that team this year with the exception of injuries happening. I have my doubts. Is he going to play ST's? He did at Texas, I believe.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:48 pm With Roschon missing time with an undisclosed injury, I think Herbert is likely RB1, with Foreman spelling him to start the year. Rookies missing camp is never good for their early season prognosis, and usually even round 2 RB's get very limited touches the first month or two of the season. A day 3 guy, who's 3rd at best on the depth chart, and missing time, won't likely have much impact early on.
Yeah, it helps my Herbert shares, but I think he's going to take over eventually, like next year at the latest.
Unless they draft a more talented player. Roschon has an uphill battle to unseat the RB's on that current roster this season. Herbert is a more talented/explosive runner, and Foreman showed well last year. I'd be very surprised if Roschon is the leading ball carrier on that team this year with the exception of injuries happening. I have my doubts. Is he going to play ST's? He did at Texas, I believe.
ST IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:52 am

From what I've heard, he's the kind of team player that would probably go play any position if the coaches asked.

I agree that Herbert is still going to be the guy but I think by mid-season, its a pretty even spilt Herbert/Roschon and Foreman possibly hurt. If Foreman is in the mix then I will want no part of this backfield (even though I have plenty of Herbert and Roschon lol)

Thats not even factoring in Fields 1k rushing yards

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:27 am

I didn’t see Roschon as a huge factor as it stood from the onset. He’s slow getting into the seam which really limits him as a rusher. He’s also not a huge threat as a receiver. There are some positive attributes that will keep him on the roster, but I struggle ever seeing him as a lead back.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:06 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:52 am

From what I've heard, he's the kind of team player that would probably go play any position if the coaches asked.

I agree that Herbert is still going to be the guy but I think by mid-season, its a pretty even spilt Herbert/Roschon and Foreman possibly hurt. If Foreman is in the mix then I will want no part of this backfield (even though I have plenty of Herbert and Roschon lol)

Thats not even factoring in Fields 1k rushing yards
I mean, I HOPE it's Herbert, as I own no shares of RJ.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:08 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:27 am I didn’t see Roschon as a huge factor as it stood from the onset. He’s slow getting into the seam which really limits him as a rusher. He’s also not a huge threat as a receiver. There are some positive attributes that will keep him on the roster, but I struggle ever seeing him as a lead back.
Huh. I mean, good for me, as I don't own any, but I heard a LOT of people stoked about him during the draft.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:39 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:08 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:27 am I didn’t see Roschon as a huge factor as it stood from the onset. He’s slow getting into the seam which really limits him as a rusher. He’s also not a huge threat as a receiver. There are some positive attributes that will keep him on the roster, but I struggle ever seeing him as a lead back.
Huh. I mean, good for me, as I don't own any, but I heard a LOT of people stoked about him during the draft.
Probably Sermon and Spiller owners. Seriously, he’s better than those two but he does have a similar problem in that he’s too slow getting into the seam before it closes. That’s a serious issue at the NFL level.

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:44 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:06 pm Wasn't a tire fire. DEF played well. As I posted up in the camp thread, a lot of good things happened between Fields/DJM yesterday. Some of the ints were not on Fields, some problems were on the OL, and some were the product of a good DEF playing well. It was an up and down day—it's PRACTICE, the are trying things. They are PRACTICING.
I actually get a kick out of your posts most of the time whether I agree or not (mostly disagree lol). But you can’t downplay a bad day as practice…yet also not acknowledge that it’s practice when “all you’re hearing is good things” on other days. It goes both ways.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:50 am

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:44 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:06 pm Wasn't a tire fire. DEF played well. As I posted up in the camp thread, a lot of good things happened between Fields/DJM yesterday. Some of the ints were not on Fields, some problems were on the OL, and some were the product of a good DEF playing well. It was an up and down day—it's PRACTICE, the are trying things. They are PRACTICING.
I actually get a kick out of your posts most of the time whether I agree or not (mostly disagree lol). But you can’t downplay a bad day as practice…yet also not acknowledge that it’s practice when “all you’re hearing is good things” on other days. It goes both ways.
I try to post both. If I saw something bad that I was concerned about I'd mention it. And this was all happening in the HYPE thread, so yeah, I'll try to post more of the negative as well. I mostly try to post about the position players, QB/RB/WR/TE as most of us don't care about the OL/DEF for fantasy.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:50 am

Marcedes Lewis TE signed. As one of the best blocking TEs in the league, I like it.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:16 am

I remember being excited about Mercedes Lewis back in 2008-2010. Big man. Old man.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:04 pm

Claypool was tearing it up today. Lots of posts/tweets about him.

Justin Fields to Chase Claypol AGAIN in Red Zone 11 on 11s for the touchdown. Fade route to the corner. Wide open. Easy throw. This is becoming so customary that Claypool has come up with a celebration that he does with each teammate as they run up. They are cooking.

https://twitter.com/GBraggsJr23/status/ ... 3685565440

Great to hear. DEF was stout, keep hearing Brisker and Gordon's names called.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:26 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:04 pm Claypool was tearing it up today. Lots of posts/tweets about him.

Justin Fields to Chase Claypol AGAIN in Red Zone 11 on 11s for the touchdown. Fade route to the corner. Wide open. Easy throw. This is becoming so customary that Claypool has come up with a celebration that he does with each teammate as they run up. They are cooking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think there's any poster on this forum setting themselves up for more funnier (and quotable) disappointment in 2023 than you, my man.

Godspeed to the Bears of Chicago. :pray:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:34 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:04 pm Claypool was tearing it up today. Lots of posts/tweets about him.

I think it’s quite possible that Mooney gets relegated to the 3rd receiver in Chicago and ends up a roster clogger in fantasy. He had his big year because the team really didn’t have anyone else after Allen Robinson broke down. Mooney wasn’t particularly efficient and I don’t think he’ll ever sniff 140 targets again.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:57 pm

mild wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think there's any poster on this forum setting themselves up for more funnier (and quotable) disappointment in 2023 than you, my man.

Godspeed to the Bears of Chicago. :pray:
We'll see. LOL. What do YOU think the Bears will do?

Fields will be bad.
DJM will be a WR2.
Mooney will be a WR3.
Claypool will be an utter failure.
Kmet a bust
Herbert just average.

Bears go 4-13.

Is that what you see?

All I can tell you is I've been watching the Bears from before the draft, during the draft, and during camp and I really like what I'm seeing. They probably won't make the playoffs and they probably end up 3rd in the division, but they're going to be A LOT better than last year.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: