What are people doing with Justin Fields, buying or selling?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What are people doing with Justin Fields, buying or selling?

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 23, 2023 6:00 am

Reljac wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:55 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:41 am it's not a particularly meaningful stat.
In the real world, only 1 additional win for 16 additional starts over the last two seasons is pretty damn meaningful... If a team were to go 1- 15 that would also be meaningful.... When a QB doesn't outperform replacement level players they don't last long.
They beat 3 awful teams and the Bengals in Week 2 before they caught fire. It's not a stat that tells you he couldn't outperform replacement players.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 am

When I say HATE I mean I'm surprised that the QB8 last year is called a bust. That so many here think he's finished. First year was a loss due to bad coaching, scheme, support, talent, and time needed to adjust as a rookie. Last year he took big steps forward. This year I think he'll improve a lot. If you're going to call Fields "bad" what about the other 24 starting QBs that had worse fantasy points than him? I know he did it with his legs. I agree on your stats, he was bad in a number of categories but FOR FANTASY he's been a pretty elite QB. Not as a real-world NFL QB, but for fantasy.

I don't watch much college football, but I'm sure Caleb is better, probably much better. IDK what they'd do with the 1.01, honestly.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:06 am

So if Fields does improve this year (and how can he not in some of the categories) and ends up the QB5 this year, are you still saying he's bad and a failure? Don't forget the Bears lost what 6-7 games by ONE SCORE? I think they will be close to .500 this year.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:07 am

I also understand if you don't like Fields, if you don't want any shares, if you're not a believer, etc. It's all good. We all love and hate different players for different reasons.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:55 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 am When I say HATE I mean I'm surprised that the QB8 last year is called a bust. That so many here think he's finished. First year was a loss due to bad coaching, scheme, support, talent, and time needed to adjust as a rookie. Last year he took big steps forward. This year I think he'll improve a lot. If you're going to call Fields "bad" what about the other 24 starting QBs that had worse fantasy points than him? I know he did it with his legs. I agree on your stats, he was bad in a number of categories but FOR FANTASY he's been a pretty elite QB. Not as a real-world NFL QB, but for fantasy.

I don't watch much college football, but I'm sure Caleb is better, probably much better. IDK what they'd do with the 1.01, honestly.
Pretty sure no one has called him a bust and definitely not a 'bad' fantasy asset (Thats the emotional reaction lol). Yes, he was QB6 but it was all due to rushing. We have been over this. Is he overpriced though? Possibly.

The reality is that he needs to improve as a passer to remain a starter long term. They gave him weapons and now we will see what happens. I would assume he improves passing, but defenses are also improving at the same time. Maybe he regresses in the rushing category also if they want to throw more.

As far as the "not wanting him" comment. Its not that I (or others) dont want him, but hes in the same conversation as Lamar and going ahead of Lamb, AJB, Waddle, ARSB, Hall, Olave... Thats a lot to give up for a QB who threw for 2200 yards in 15 games. He's priced close to his ceiling and far from his floor.

The next highest QB in fantasy points who threw for less yards last year? Mariota and Baker Mayfield. The next highest QB in fantasy scoring who had a worse QBR? Russel Wilson and Mac Jones. That's bad for real life. His fantasy value is being carried by his rushing. Which isn't a bad thing, IF he improves as a passer and remain a starter.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:46 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:55 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 am When I say HATE I mean I'm surprised that the QB8 last year is called a bust. That so many here think he's finished. First year was a loss due to bad coaching, scheme, support, talent, and time needed to adjust as a rookie. Last year he took big steps forward. This year I think he'll improve a lot. If you're going to call Fields "bad" what about the other 24 starting QBs that had worse fantasy points than him? I know he did it with his legs. I agree on your stats, he was bad in a number of categories but FOR FANTASY he's been a pretty elite QB. Not as a real-world NFL QB, but for fantasy.

Pretty sure no one has called him a bust and definitely not a 'bad' fantasy asset (Thats the emotional reaction lol). Yes, he was QB6 but it was all due to rushing. We have been over this. Is he overpriced though? Possibly.

The reality is that he needs to improve as a passer to remain a starter long term. They gave him weapons and now we will see what happens. I would assume he improves passing, but defenses are also improving at the same time. Maybe he regresses in the rushing category also if they want to throw more.

As far as the "not wanting him" comment. Its not that I (or others) dont want him, but hes in the same conversation as Lamar and going ahead of Lamb, AJB, Waddle, ARSB, Hall, Olave... Thats a lot to give up for a QB who threw for 2200 yards in 15 games. He's priced close to his ceiling and far from his floor.

The next highest QB in fantasy points who threw for less yards last year? Mariota and Baker Mayfield. The next highest QB in fantasy scoring who had a worse QBR? Russel Wilson and Mac Jones. That's bad for real life. His fantasy value is being carried by his rushing. Which isn't a bad thing, IF he improves as a passer and remain a starter.
All good stuff here, and I agree. Definitely needs to improve to have longevity, I agree. And yes, he may be a bit overpriced. I'm a Homer and I don't want him over Lamb, Waddle, Hall, Olave, etc. LOL No sir. He has to pass more, for sure. I'dl like to see 3,000-3,500+. I can see how for the sake of longevity people want to avoid owning shares. So far, I see CHI invested in him, now. This year is a BIG year for his development. If he does what I THINK he will, he's going to be here a long time. We'll see. I'd rather they get MJH in the first than Caleb.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:50 am

Yeah if he does improve then you won't be in a spot for Caleb anyways. I don't think they lose that many games either to be in that spot.

3000-3500 would be a big jump from 2200 but that's on par with Lamars typical statlines. I don't think it's unrealistic. He was a good, not great, passer in college.

It's not that people are rooting against him or don't want him, but he's already valued as a top fantasy asset. The time to buy low was obviously last year.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:50 am Yeah if he does improve then you won't be in a spot for Caleb anyways. I don't think they lose that many games either to be in that spot.

3000-3500 would be a big jump from 2200 but that's on par with Lamars typical statlines. I don't think it's unrealistic. He was a good, not great, passer in college.

It's not that people are rooting against him or don't want him, but he's already valued as a top fantasy asset. The time to buy low was obviously last year.
For sure. I think you are either a believer or not. And this forum seems pretty evenly split. I get it. I'd be happy if he got over 3000 this year, knowing he's still going to run more than I'd like, but that's part of what he does well so...
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 23, 2023 3:55 pm

I am not a fan of using the word "hate", when discussing players. In general, we use the term "hate" way too loosely, when dealing with football, and people. It is a term that is very strong, and is also used far too often in other walks of life to try and shut down opinions, these days. Not saying that is the case here. This stat may not matter, but words do. Hate, isn't something Reijac seemed to display at all. I suggest a different term be used. Push back on Fields, for instance. Don't want to go on about it, and apologies to Wickerkat if I was overly harsh, but I find in an increasingly on-line world, we can get to loose with how we use terms.

There should not be any hate involved in anything we are discussing here, and to suggest so on the comments made, I think was just a misuse of the term, and is done so a bit too often when talking about FF. We don't hate players, or shouldn't, that's for sure. We may have different outlooks on them, and their futures, but I just feel proper perspective is needed when addressing differences of opinion.

There's enough hate in the world without suggesting others hate on a player by providing a cautious outlook on their future progress. That's all I was getting at.

This season will show a lot on whether Fields will become a viable long term option. The Bears have quite a bit of capital next year, and if they can't win some games this year, they may look to move on. If they do, and he progresses, then there is reasonable optimism that he can be a long term starter.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 23, 2023 4:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:55 pm I am not a fan of using the word "hate", when discussing players. In general, we use the term "hate" way too loosely, when dealing with football, and people. It is a term that is very strong, and is also used far too often in other walks of life to try and shut down opinions, these days. Not saying that is the case here. This stat may not matter, but words do. Hate, isn't something Reijac seemed to display at all. I suggest a different term be used. Push back on Fields, for instance. Don't want to go on about it, and apologies to Wickerkat if I was overly harsh, but I find in an increasingly on-line world, we can get to loose with how we use terms.

There should not be any hate involved in anything we are discussing here, and to suggest so on the comments made, I think was just a misuse of the term, and is done so a bit too often when talking about FF. We don't hate players, or shouldn't, that's for sure. We may have different outlooks on them, and their futures, but I just feel proper perspective is needed when addressing differences of opinion.

There's enough hate in the world without suggesting others hate on a player by providing a cautious outlook on their future progress. That's all I was getting at.

This season will show a lot on whether Fields will become a viable long term option. The Bears have quite a bit of capital next year, and if they can't win some games this year, they may look to move on. If they do, and he progresses, then there is reasonable optimism that he can be a long term starter.
Cool. Sure. I hear you.

There are a lot of people here that don't LIKE Fields, or don't BELIEVE in him. I'm already sold having seen what he can do, watching every game last year. Yes, he has to improve his passing game. OL/WR are better, that will help a lot. Long-term? I think he's going to stay, assuming this year is a bit step forward. I expect around .500 record. Like I said, I'd rather move up and get MJH then try to get Caleb. IF we had #1 either take MJH or move back and get a TON of picks again.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue May 23, 2023 4:52 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:50 am Yeah if he does improve then you won't be in a spot for Caleb anyways. I don't think they lose that many games either to be in that spot.

For sure. I think you are either a believer or not. And this forum seems pretty evenly split. I get it. I'd be happy if he got over 3000 this year, knowing he's still going to run more than I'd like, but that's part of what he does well so...
I'm neither. I recognize what he has done so far and what he needs to do to improve. Echoing a previous poster, this year is crucial for his development and future dynasty value. A virtual crossroads.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:42 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:52 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am

I'm neither. I recognize what he has done so far and what he needs to do to improve. Echoing a previous poster, this year is crucial for his development and future dynasty value. A virtual crossroads.
Definitely. What I hope people aren't missing is that he was already the QB8 last year. Passing poorly. WIth basically no WRs. If it was me, I'd be buying.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed May 24, 2023 8:25 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:42 pm
Definitely. What I hope people aren't missing is that he was already the QB8 last year. Passing poorly. WIth basically no WRs. If it was me, I'd be buying.
He was only QB8 because of his rushing ability. He's in tier 3 of the QBs. Once teams figure out how to (not negate because they can't), but minimize that aspect then he'll be forced to show his progression. I'd much rather pay a little bit to jump into tier 2 or trade him to a believer who wants to pay up for him.

I see more Kap in him than Hurts. He could go either way at this point.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:15 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:25 am
He was only QB8 because of his rushing ability. He's in tier 3 of the QBs. Once teams figure out how to (not negate because they can't), but minimize that aspect then he'll be forced to show his progression. I'd much rather pay a little bit to jump into tier 2 or trade him to a believer who wants to pay up for him.

I hear you, and you're not wrong. But I see more Hurts than Kap. But I am a Bears Homer so...
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed May 24, 2023 9:26 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:15 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:25 am

I hear you, and you're not wrong. But I see more Hurts than Kap. But I am a Bears Homer so...
It's good to have faith. Especially in the Bears :lol: They are doing some really great things recently to give them hope.

Fields is definitely on the fence. This is his make or break season. At 8 I guess I'd personally want something more concrete then the gamble with him taking the big step. Even Dak, Watson, or Murray+ seem like better foundations. But all come with a certain degree of risk themselves.