Post Draft Rookie Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Post Draft Rookie Rankings

Postby Yarnith » Sun May 01, 2022 3:13 pm

I hope my league feels the same as most of you guys. I would love to grab Moore, pierce and Ridder at my 1.12 and mid 2 picks. All players I have been higher on and only feel better about after the draft.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

My BallZach Ertz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby My BallZach Ertz » Mon May 02, 2022 6:02 am

JFever wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:07 pm
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:27 pm Guys
Remember
This.
James
Cook
Is
Pick
Of
The
Draft
It would be a massive statistical anomaly at his BMI. 5”11 199 and skinny. The odds of a meaningful fantasy workload is low. Never had more than 11 carries in a single game for Georgia. My hope is that he is overvalued and drafted early in my leagues.
He just went 1.3 in one of my leagues.
Dynasty Team #1 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

Dalvin and the Chipmunks

:dance: 2018 Champions:dance:
2019 Runner Up
2020 4th (Highest Point Total)
2021 Runner Up

QB: Watson, Prescott, Z. Wilson,
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Mattison, Wilkins, Snell
WR: T. Hill, Golladay, Ridley, Lamb, Gabriel Davis, Van Jefferson
TE: Kittle, Ebron

Dynasty Team #2 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex

Groot’s Grinders

QB: Lamar Jackson, Cousins
RB: Akers, Hall, Sanders, Spiller, Hines, White, Wilson, Z. White
WR: DK, Chase, Woods, Shenault, Gallup, G. Wilson, Hardman, W. Robinson
TE: Henry, Shultz

Dynasty Team #3 14 Team 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

QB: Tannehill, Mac Jones
RB: Gibson, Etienne, Mitchell, Hines, Moss
WR: Jefferson, DJ Moore, K. Allen, Cooks, Jeudy, Gage
TE: Waller, Schultz, Kmet

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 02, 2022 7:37 am

My BallZach Ertz wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:02 am
Remember
This.
James
Cook
Is
Pick
Of
The
Draft
It would be a massive statistical anomaly at his BMI. 5”11 199 and skinny. The odds of a meaningful fantasy workload is low. Never had more than 11 carries in a single game for Georgia. My hope is that he is overvalued and drafted early in my leagues.
Cook is one of those guys where I'm interested, but I'll never be in a spot to draft him, as is the case with most RB that start rising into the 1st round. Oh well

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon May 02, 2022 8:48 am

Start getting used to it! Let’s chill for a week and let our rookie drafts play out;)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon May 02, 2022 9:09 am

This thread has shown me a few things.

1. I will own a lot of Williams shares
2. I will own zero London or Skyy shares

I am ok with both scenarios
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon May 02, 2022 9:28 am

Remember
This.
James
Cook
Is
Pick
Of
The
Draft
Same could have been said for Kamara.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon May 02, 2022 9:52 am

I can't give an order beyond 2, but I think the following:

If you select Walker, be patient. I don't think he'll be the starter on day one. I think it'll take the course of the season or even until next season until he becomes the kind of back we all think he can be.

London is over-rated. I think he's a bust candidate and perhaps the biggest one.

I gave Cook an early third round grade pre-draft, and a mid 2nd round grade after the draft. He's going far too early. I think he'll perform well as a flex in ppr leagues but there's no way I'm touching him in the first round.

I think Rachaad White is the true #3 RB in this draft and I don't think it'll be close after year one is complete. I love that kid and his landing spot. I had him highly ranked pre-draft. Fournette has the third highest cap space to create if the Bucs cut him next year. Look what the Bucs did with a seemingly slow-looking guy in Fournette. I think White can explode, but you may have to be patient here too.

Keaontay Ingram is the best value in the draft. He's going in the 4th round and his upside is that of a starter.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon May 02, 2022 5:10 pm

Jameson Williams seems to be ranked pretty low by some people here. I wonder why that is. I recall having seen him ranked more or less at the top, maybe just behind Hall and/or Burks at the end of last season.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon May 02, 2022 5:28 pm

BradyT wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:10 pm Jameson Williams seems to be ranked pretty low by some people here. I wonder why that is. I recall having seen him ranked more or less at the top, maybe just behind Hall and/or Burks at the end of last season.
Seems like the landing spot is less than ideal. I think he falls to 1.06 or 1.07 in most drafts now behind Hall, Walker, G Wilson, Burks and London. Poor QB plus mouths to feed (Hock, Swift, Amon Ra and now Chark) plus DET organization in general plus coming off major injury probably bump him down a little. You'll have to be patient until they fix the QB situation and hope that he commands a (no pun intended) lion's share of targets.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 02, 2022 6:04 pm

BradyT wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:10 pm Jameson Williams seems to be ranked pretty low by some people here. I wonder why that is. I recall having seen him ranked more or less at the top, maybe just behind Hall and/or Burks at the end of last season.
My honest take on why is on this site there seems to be an impatience because so many dynasty players want instant gratification for their pick. Williams has loads of talent but that ACL and the fact he will probably miss 1/2 the season will have owners shy away from him. Additionally, he did go to Detroit and there is some built in worry regarding this kneecap biting franchise.

He has an NFL type game and should develop into their WR1 so I would draft him with confidence personally in the 1.5-1.9 range but he needs to improve his route running some IMO which he should do at the next level. He has almost no competition to start so once healthy he will have a chance to contribute immediately.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MontrealBen
Starter
Starter

Postby MontrealBen » Mon May 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Ice wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:04 pm
My honest take on why is on this site there seems to be an impatience because so many dynasty players want instant gratification for their pick. Williams has loads of talent but that ACL and the fact he will probably miss 1/2 the season will have owners shy away from him. Additionally, he did go to Detroit and there is some built in worry regarding this kneecap biting franchise.

He has an NFL type game and should develop into their WR1 so I would draft him with confidence personally in the 1.5-1.9 range but he needs to improve his route running some IMO which he should do at the next level. He has almost no competition to start so once healthy he will have a chance to contribute immediately.
Don't draft Williams. Trade for him in Week 5.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 02, 2022 6:12 pm

My BallZach Ertz wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:02 am
Remember
This.
James
Cook
Is
Pick
Of
The
Draft
What a rube.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 02, 2022 6:14 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:28 am
Remember
This.
James
Cook
Is
Pick
Of
The
Draft
Same could have been said for Kamara.
Kamara wasn't 199 pounds, though. The chances of Cook getting a meaningful workload are substantially lower than it was for Kamara. BMI wasn't in the same galaxy. He was an inch shorter, and 15 pounds heavier.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon May 02, 2022 6:39 pm

I really struggled with 1.04 between Williams, Wilson, and Burks before I just decided to go with my initial predraft impressions and went with Wilson. But it took some time before I finally settled in. IMO there’s not a whole lot separating those 3. Watching Williams running slants snd just blowing through the secondaries to the EZ is awe inspiring and exactly where he can succeed in DET. He just was by defenders before they realized it.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon May 02, 2022 6:47 pm

Ice wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:04 pm

This is why the top teams stay at the top. Williams should be in the top 5, but because he'll miss a few games then people will bypass him. If you can afford to miss him for a few games he's worth it in dynasty. Much safer pick over London, Olave, and Watson.